Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: This may well be the biggest honor of my life.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 70995 times) previous topic - next topic

Alan Fox and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • Pingu
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #7800
A new poll shows that the president's strongest supporters are unwavering in their devotion, but that their numbers are slowly, inexorably getting smaller.

Right.  So they are unwavering in their devotion, but also ceasing to exist, I guess.

Are giant lizards picking them off one by one?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #7801
We can certainly hope so. Perhaps feeding them to Komodo dragons would speed things up a bit?
Truth is out of style

Reply #7802
A new poll shows that the president's strongest supporters are unwavering in their devotion, but that their numbers are slowly, inexorably getting smaller.

Right.  So they are unwavering in their devotion, but also ceasing to exist, I guess.

Febble I can't sleep please read me a bedtime story with giant lizards in it.

Reply #7803

people are unwavering until they waver. if the set of people who will never turn against him gets smaller every time someone changes their mind, that doesn't mean that those left behind aren't still expressing ardent devotion.

eta: basically, just because someone says, "i'll never stop supporting trump no matter what!" that doesn't make it true for all possible futures, but it also doesn't mean that they don't mean it at the time they say it.
  • Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:09:42 AM by the idea of Harambe

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

Reply #7805

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #7806

the way I read the article was that he's down to his zealous core.  the republicans who had mixed feelings and only supported him (because of party loyalty, supreme court control, or fox news reporting that clinton is worse) have mostly left him.  I might have been reading into my own thinking into the article, though.

anyway, even if this is right, I'm not getting my hopes up, because most of them will return to trump for the 2020 election.  being part of the red team is a matter of identity for them.  so when it comes to all this talk of issues and qualifications... let's not let words get in the way.  team red is what we are, and voting for the republican is what we must do.

Reply #7807
I think we'll see the same shit we saw with Bush. Remember when the Republicans were whining about how awful Obama was, so you'd be all like, "Hey what about the patriot act that was shitty," and the Republicans would be like, "OH I was totes against that too!" even though when Bush was in office it was all, "rah rah don't disrespect the office of president!"

so the number of people claiming to be never trumpers is going to mysteriously grow, somehow.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7808
Not sure where this story goes, but I'm putting it here.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-to-ban-use-of-kaspersky-software-in-federal-agencies-amid-concerns-of-russian-espionage/2017/09/13/36b717d0-989e-11e7-82e4-f1076f6d6152_story.html

The GSA took kaspersky off the approved vendors list months ago over concerns about back doors Russia could exploit.  Homeland Security only now is putting out a timeline for removing it from government servers.

• Pingu

Reply #7810
Febble I still want my bedtime story

• linus
Reply #7811

Looks like a rare piece of positive news. He's being less of a dick to those directly affected and selling out his base.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7812
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7813
more like donald chump

• gib
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7814
they all hate him now on breitbart

Quote from: Jerome
As liquid urine is denser than the atmosphere, why yes. The urine stream from Putin's penis splashing on Trump's sphincter is easily described with buoyancy, no need for the magical force that no one can explain what it is.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #7815

Looks like a rare piece of positive news. He's being less of a dick to those directly affected and selling out his base.

The responses to Coulter's tweet are awesome.

Reply #7816

Reply #7817

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #7818
wait wait wait.

so Republicans are now turning against Trump precisely because he's now putting in some effort toward being at least a little bit non-evil?  Is that what's going on?

• el jefe
Reply #7819
emphasis on the "little bit", but yeah sort of.  more importantly, it is specifically the alt right which was his core support.

• linus
Reply #7820
I guess the hope is that Pelosi and Schumer are skilled negotiators whereas Trump is mainly good at defrauding gullible people.

• el jefe
Reply #7821
twice so far in his presidency he has seemed actually happy.  first time was when he did the syria missile strike and america got a war boner.  second time was when this deal was announced and he got good press for it.

since he lives and dies by how well he is praised (despite his pretense of not giving a shit), I predict more bombing of brown people and more deals with democrats.

• linus
Reply #7822
they all hate him now on breitbart
haha, top of breitbart.com right now is a link/headline

"Families of Illegal Alien Murder Victims Confused, Angered by Possible DACA Deal

'Entertaining it at all is reprehensible'...
"

It leads to a story titled "9 Family Members of Americans Killed by Illegal Aliens Respond to Possible DACA Deal with Democrats". Looks like they'll pick alt-nazi core beliefs over Trump worship.

Reply #7823
The comments on that first Breitbart article are hilarious. I loved this one:

We are witnessing the final fall of our nation, if DACA stands those 800k illegals will make 1.9 million anchor babies the next generation will be 5 million 20 years down the road 10-20million on top of the 40 million already here... Its GAME OVER

Reply #7824
The comments on that first Breitbart article are hilarious. I loved this one:

We are witnessing the final fall of our nation, if DACA stands those 800k illegals will make 1.9 million anchor babies the next generation will be 5 million 20 years down the road 10-20million on top of the 40 million already here... Its GAME OVER
What game exactly will be over I wonder? Hmm
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor