Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: The violence inherent in the system

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 81261 times) previous topic - next topic

• linus
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8175
I wonder what happened there.
I think the most obvious explanation is he has no idea what he's doing.

In support of this:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-health-care-plan-word-salad-84dfa3e194e1/

• Faid
Reply #8176
By this point, I suspect every reporter knows that Trump doesn't know shit about shit, and will completely fumble whatever response he tries to give, on any subject. That's what they're looking for.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #8177
idk.  he also pulled a 180 on the bipartisan healthcare fix.  shortly after his executive order, he opposed it.  then he told people he wanted a bipartisan deal soon.
I suppose that's part of his usual destructive-blackmail strategy: "Whoops, I keep blowing everything up and setting it on fire, such a shame, wouldn't it be great if we all came together and stopped things from being blown up and on fire? Think about it while I shoot this puppy".

But the McConnell thing is weirder IMO. Maybe Mitch convinced Trump that he doesn't want him as an enemy?
Maybe Mitch has the pisstape.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #8178
You on fire yet, raven?

It seems to be pretty awful this year.

We were downwind and catching quite a bit of smoke for a few days, but the winds shifted late last week.

Fire season isn't over.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the start of the Oakland Hills fire.  It started on the 16th.  Firefighters thought they put it out, then the Santa Ana winds blew the embers into hellfire the next day.  By the 18th It was raging all over the place.  ~3000 homes burned to the ground.

Reply #8179
I caught a bit of Trumps speech in Greece today at lunch, there was music on and the tv was low but it sounded like he was just reading from a speech (badly) and a very quick/clipped fashion. Anyone else catch it?

• ksen
Reply #8180
I caught a bit of Trumps speech in Greece today at lunch, there was music on and the tv was low but it sounded like he was just reading from a speech (badly) and a very quick/clipped fashion. Anyone else catch it?

god no

• ksen

• Monad
Reply #8182

No I've had the shots

Reply #8183
I bet you guys only listen to lamestream media FAKE NEWS about Trump

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8184
You on fire yet, raven?

We were downwind and catching quite a bit of smoke for a few days, but the winds shifted late last week.

Fire season isn't over.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the start of the Oakland Hills fire.  It started on the 16th.  Firefighters thought they put it out, then the Santa Ana winds blew the embers into hellfire the next day.  By the 18th It was raging all over the place.  ~3000 homes burned to the ground.

Any heavy rains in sight?

Also stay safe.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8185
oh my god I honest to christ really really really hate this piece of shit:

https://amp.local10.com/news/politics/trump-speaks-to-widow-of-sgt-la-david-johnson

U.S. President Donald Trump told U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson's widow Tuesday that "he knew what he signed up for ...but when it happens it hurts anyway," when he died serving in northwestern Africa, according to Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami Gardens.

"Yes, he said it," Wilson said. "It's so insensitive. He should have not have said that. He shouldn't have said it."

The president called about 4:45 p.m. and spoke to Johnson's pregnant widow, Myeshia Johnson, for about five minutes. She is a mother to Johnson's surviving 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter. The conversation happened before Johnson's remains arrived in a commercial Delta Airlines flight at Miami International Airport.

eta the internet saves the day once again

• Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:28:49 PM by meepmeep

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8186
Trump takes credit for ISIS 'giving up'
"I totally changed rules of engagement. I totally changed our military, I totally changed the attitudes of the military and they have done a fantastic job," Trump said on "The Chris Plante Show." "ISIS is now giving up, they are giving up, there are raising their hands, they are walking off. Nobody has ever seen that before."
When Plante asked why that hadn't happened before, Trump took the bait.
"Because you didn't have Trump as your president," he said. "It was a big difference, there was a big, big difference if you look at the military now."
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #8187
You on fire yet, raven?

Fire season isn't over.

Any heavy rains in sight?

Also stay safe.

The current fires are no danger in my area.  Heavy rains? No.  But there is supposed to be rain in the Napa/Sonoma area Thursday or Friday.

• Pingu
Reply #8188
Trump takes credit for ISIS 'giving up'
"I totally changed rules of engagement. I totally changed our military, I totally changed the attitudes of the military and they have done a fantastic job," Trump said on "The Chris Plante Show." "ISIS is now giving up, they are giving up, there are raising their hands, they are walking off. Nobody has ever seen that before."
When Plante asked why that hadn't happened before, Trump took the bait.
"Because you didn't have Trump as your president," he said. "It was a big difference, there was a big, big difference if you look at the military now."

I stupidly listened to the entirety of that interview.

:banghead:
:banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #8189
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Faid
Reply #8190
I bet you guys only listen to lamestream media FAKE NEWS about Trump
Lamestream media in Greece had more to say about how Tsipras made a fool of himself.

I mean come on, someone should have prepeared a response for the "you've called Trump evil in the past" question- The media had been on to that for *days*.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• ksen

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8192
oh my god I honest to christ really really really hate this piece of shit:

https://amp.local10.com/news/politics/trump-speaks-to-widow-of-sgt-la-david-johnson

U.S. President Donald Trump told U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson's widow Tuesday that "he knew what he signed up for ...but when it happens it hurts anyway," when he died serving in northwestern Africa, according to Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami Gardens.

"Yes, he said it," Wilson said. "It's so insensitive. He should have not have said that. He shouldn't have said it."

The president called about 4:45 p.m. and spoke to Johnson's pregnant widow, Myeshia Johnson, for about five minutes. She is a mother to Johnson's surviving 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter. The conversation happened before Johnson's remains arrived in a commercial Delta Airlines flight at Miami International Airport.

eta the internet saves the day once again

The turd continues to tumble downhill with The Dotard claiming Congresswoman Wilson "completely fabricated" her version of events and guess what everybody! He has "proof!" (that will never see the light of day for some reason, natch)

After trying the "but, Obama!" tack, dishonestly claiming what the past president did and didn't do and "substantiating" that bullshit with a hand-wavey "I don't know, whatever the generals told me," he gave the family the impression he didn't know the serviceman's name during the call. He didn't even appear (to me) to know the family's name in a later interview referring to Myeshia Johnson as "the woman" and "the wife" in one of his signature assemblages of broken sentence bullshit in a later interview. What a massive asshole.

The mother of the fallen serviceman backs what Congresswoman Wilson has said.
(but she's black, so probably a leftist trying to destroy America by undermining our dear leader)

Fallen soldier's mother: 'Trump did disrespect my son'
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Faid
Reply #8193
Meanwhile, Trump drags the death of John Kelly's son into this clusterfuck, then the WH notes that Kelly is "disgusted" from having his son's death dragged in this clusterfuck.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/18/white-house-john-kelly-disgusted-by-the-way-his-sons-death-has-been-politicized/23248345/

The US are surely living some surreal times.

Reply #8194
yes. yes we are.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8195
I didn't say the gop wants to govern or return to normalcy, I said it's in their political interest and predicted they will.

it seems clear to me that:
1) they have failed at repealing the ACA, have decided it is unachievable for the foreseeable future, and are back-burnering the effort for the rest of this congress
2) they are close to similarly failing at tax reform
3) if they can't execute on either of the legislative goals they share with trump, that leaves legislative goals they don't share with trump
4) if they get no legislative results, they risk a significant backlash from donors, primary voters, and general election voters

therefore, I think, they now have a political interest in moving legislation trump doesn't like.  and given their narrow senate majority, that is pretty difficult without doing stuff that has bipartisan support.

yes, they have been cozy with trump and tried to work with him on healthcare and taxes.  that was because they had similar goals and thought they could get results.  but that ship has more or less sailed. .....  and, yes, they were worthless obstructionists during the obama years.  but they're looking at a different set of political incentives now that they are in power.  they have to get legislative wins, and they seem to get that.
politico reads my posts

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/18/donald-trump-gop-tax-reform-mcconnell-215723

although they address the scenario where tax reform does get passed, and also predict the gop blows off trump afterward.  the reasoning is similar:  tax reform is the last goal they have in common, so when that fight is over (one way or another), they're done working with trump.
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:11:26 AM by el jefe

• ksen
Reply #8196
Meanwhile, Trump drags the death of John Kelly's son into this clusterfuck, then the WH notes that Kelly is "disgusted" from having his son's death dragged in this clusterfuck.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/18/white-house-john-kelly-disgusted-by-the-way-his-sons-death-has-been-politicized/23248345/

The US are surely living some surreal times.

Let me know when he's so disgusted he finally resigns. Until then his disgust and frustration mean nothing.

• el jefe
Reply #8197
not sure it's good for the country if he resigns.  reportedly, he is one of the handful of people who is managing trump's crazy and containing his more potentially disastrous impulses.

• ksen
Reply #8198
I'm not sure it's good for the country to help Trump not get kicked out of office.

• el jefe
Reply #8199
cabinet and congressional gop are too invested and cowardly to kick him out.  Kelly staying there doesn't protect trump, it protects the country.