Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I'm gonna have to be drunk for this. So, I guess; it is still the same old TR.

Topic: The Dog Thread (Read 1696 times) previous topic - next topic

• nostrum
  • easily led
Re: The Dog Thread
Reply #75
no way that that didn't hurt

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #76
no way that that didn't hurt
Kids are resilient.

• ffejrxx
Reply #77
im sure the dogs are fine

Reply #78

Reply #79

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #80
I'm almost curious enough to see how far I'd get attempting to stuff my dog into a duffle bag.

Reply #81

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #82

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #83
Wow.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #84
"Getting ready to watch Planet Earth"

"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"  The Dotard

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #86

Reply #87

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #88
Came here to post that. Dogs are the best.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #89

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #90

This Tweet from @ABC has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder.

Reply #91

Reply #92
Here's that dog who saved the fawn.

PORT JEFFERSON, N.Y. -- Amazing video shows a dog saving a baby deer who was struggling to swim ashore.

Mark Freeley was walking his dogs, Storm and Sara, along a beach in Long Island when he noticed the fawn in the water, CBS New York reports.

"Storm just plunged into the water and started swimming out to the fawn, grabbed it by the neck, and started swimming to shore," Freeley said.

When Storm got back to shore, he put the deer down and laid down next to it.

Freeley immediately called experts, who scared the fawn back into the water when they arrived at the beach. After about eight minutes, Freeley and a member of Strong Island Rescue were able to once again save the deer.

The deer was covered in ticks and had an eye injury but is expected to be OK.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ILGEIXm39hE

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #93

"Go For A Walk ??"

• Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:55:56 PM by Doobie Keebler
"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"  The Dotard

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #94
Published on the same day:

Brooklyn antivaxxer idiots think their dogs will get autism from vaccines - http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/40/31/all-pet-anti-vaccination-movement-2017-08-04-bk.html

Rabies positive dog IDed in Arlington, and officials are searching for potential human and animal contacts to make sure no one else dies - http://www.insidenova.com/health/health_arlington/health-officials-seeking-people-pets-exposed-to-rabid-dog-in/article_f8062742-7705-11e7-a55e-7ff7459d40c7.html

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #95
Weapons grade stupid.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #96
Clients refusing to vaccinate and thinking it's dangerous is nothing new, but I hadn't heard the autism one yet. Not surprised! I mean jesus fuck my dog is 7 and nonverbal so maybe they're on to something. :ohdear:

In internetland, plenty of people love to talk about how they totally do titers instead of vaccines because titers are great and my vet does titers, but in reality, nobody fucking does titers because they're $200 a pop and have to be sent to special labs so no your vet is not doing fucking titers for you, you fucking bullshitter.

At my last job, one Petsmart trainer client was notorious for being super mega anti anything other than rabies and DHPP. To the point where the old timers would warn anyone attending her not to even mention leptospirosis or anything else. I never mentioned those vaccines to her or anything related to them, and she still went on about how BY THE WAY, I don't do lepto because IT IS POISON and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON LIMES.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #97
I am so glad my various vets in the past forty years have been not batshit lunatics. Well two of 'em arguably were, one because I found out after my cat caught distemper* while getting the distemper vaccine that the vet routinely told dog owners that he hated cats and advised euthanasia as often as he could get away with it, and the other - well, she was actually a pretty decent vet, a recovering alcoholic with some weird behaviours and possibly a bit too honest with some of her clients. I liked her.

*Cat survived - five days on intravenous feeding in a cage at the vet's, came home skin and bones with a big tube of nutrient paste to smear on his mouth and paws to get him to eat, bad limp from being restrained, was an all black cat but his coat developed an all over pattern of white speckles over the next couple months, unique looking animal - he was only six months old and his head never grew quite right, very snake-head shape, like some mediaeval paintings of cats.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #98

• Old Dan
Reply #99