Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: deep-rooted shit triggering all over the place

Topic: offical "punching nazis owns" thread (Read 4037 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: offical "punching nazis owns" thread
Reply #50
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #51
How does someone become a Nazi? I mean, do you watch an old Hitler video and think, Cool! I wanna do that!? What sort of problem does it suggest itself a solution to? (Not a final solution pun.) But how do you just wake up and say to yourself that Jews and black people need to be exterminated? What does anyone stand to gain? Piracy is maybe an incentive for the troops but it's hardly a political goal worth pursuing.
At least for Jews:

Start with one ingredient common to most ideologies:

1) "See those rich people, riching it up? Being richer than you? Aren't you jealous?"

2) "They're cheating you out of your right, sleazy assholes."

3) "They're conspiring against you. It's intentional."

4) "Why are they conspiring? Because they have a common interest."

5) "What's their common interest? Well, look at how many of them are Jewish!"

Spread that out over some years and different people. Different orders can work, but not usually that well - which is why the (((jews))) thing was more spread by opposition than by believers.

Reply #52
It's a lot simpler than that. They were raised casually racist but then decided that the racists they grew up around were all talk and no action.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #53
It's a lot simpler than that. They were raised casually racist but then decided that the racists they grew up around were all talk and no action.

p much

Also using casual racism to explain your inadequacies and every other problem in your life and then going straight to the logical conclusion.

This reminds me of a throwaway flippant remark I just saw a family member make on Facebook about "diversity grants" for college. It's all those terrible minorities who get all the breaks.

Reply #54
yeah it's amazing how quickly he provided proof that bash the fas is actually very effective, and anyone clutching their pearls over "but but but civil discourse!" when it involves a literal nazi advocating and drawing up plans for genocide can get fucked
Effective at what?

It's become a meme among people who never would have been convinced to join him in the first place. What else has it done?

Reply #55
It was effective at reminding me what Made America Great to begin with:

killing Nazis

Reply #56
yeah it's amazing how quickly he provided proof that bash the fas is actually very effective, and anyone clutching their pearls over "but but but civil discourse!" when it involves a literal nazi advocating and drawing up plans for genocide can get fucked
Effective at what?

It's become a meme among people who never would have been convinced to join him in the first place. What else has it done?
caused pain and emotional distress to someone who advocates for genocide.

that is inherently good imo

Reply #57
Quote from: @merrittk
i agree with sarah silverman that punching nazis will only close their hearts. what you need to do is open their hearts, with knives

• Fenrir
Reply #58
It has let the thugs know people won't sit idly by while they manipulate the public discourse to lend legitimacy to their repugnant ideology.

It has let ordinary people know that they can stand up to thugs and influence the same public discourse.

It has reminded the targets of these thugs (and everyone who isn't one of them is a target in one way or another) that they are not alone and others will stand with them and if we act now it might not be up against a wall.

It won't change the world but it's one more tick on the right side of the ledger.

Same with the crowd numbers thing. It's only a small thing, but it's letting the small things go that lets the bigger things sneak by.
It's what plants crave.

• Fenrir
Reply #59
Would have been better if he'd been clocked by a Grandma. For preference his own.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #60
Effective at what?

making him too scared to leave his house per his own words

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #61
Good. Hit him again.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #62
It was effective at reminding me what Made America Great to begin with:

killing Nazis

Reply #63
Punching a moon landing hoaxer is almost as good. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a Nazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VfAfzNEWOc

Reply #64
Effective at what?

caused pain and emotional distress to someone who advocates for genocide.

that is inherently good imo

it's also a great counterpunch (lol) to the dumb "liberal snowflake" narrative

• Bilirubin
Reply #65

Reply #66
Speaking of concern trolling, a lot of dumb people are concerned about Melania's home life. I guess they don't remember what happened to Eva Braun and Claretta Petacci.

Reply #67
It has let the thugs know people won't sit idly by while they manipulate the public discourse to lend legitimacy to their repugnant ideology.

It has let ordinary people know that they can stand up to thugs and influence the same public discourse.

It has reminded the targets of these thugs (and everyone who isn't one of them is a target in one way or another) that they are not alone and others will stand with them and if we act now it might not be up against a wall.

It won't change the world but it's one more tick on the right side of the ledger.

Same with the crowd numbers thing. It's only a small thing, but it's letting the small things go that lets the bigger things sneak by.
Honestly, I have a sense of dread about it because the cops are on the Nazis side and it suggests that an escalating series of violence may be on the way. But the thing is that they are already committing violence against us and we can either make it hurt a little or just let the violence go one way.

I do not believe we are still in a place of negotiation.

Reply #68
well the positive thing is that once you tear a few cops limb from limb, the rest run away because they just want to go home to their families

Reply #69
Um, teeth, at least execute them humanely.

Reply #70
nah

• Bilirubin
Reply #71
Whoa, did not expect this from you of all posters

• linus
Reply #72
I have to admit that the Shia Labeouf clip that's making the rounds is (a) Shia's best movie, and (b) feels unfinished without Nazi boy getting punched in the face.

Reply #73
3) Now we know which "liberals" would cave and collaborate with a fascist genocidal regime.
it's weird when they say this "legitimizes" spencer's movement or whatever, like anything can legitimize the movement to exterminate anyone who's not white
It supports their claim that all the high-minded principles advocated for in the 50s against McCarthy - that people should be free to advocate even repugnant views, even views that have killed millions of people - are lies. It legitimizes the view that all those principles were supported because those principles were convenient, and no longer are.

Reply #74
Whoa, did not expect this from you of all posters
I'm not a monster.