Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Can we not be called a Republic of Freethought anymore. It's a bit embarassing.

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 25377 times) previous topic - next topic

Rumraket and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #3125
And yes I still think Obamagate / Hillarygate is going to be 10 times bigger than Watergate ...

Yeah, it'll be Earth-shattering when a retiree and a memoirist gets taken down.
I think it will be pretty interesting if they wind up in jail.

Hope in one hand. Shit in the other. See which fills up first.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3126
And yes I still think Obamagate / Hillarygate is going to be 10 times bigger than Watergate ...

And if Trump ( &/or his henchmen ) wind up in jail, will that be "interesting" ?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #3127

What do you imagine the indictment would be?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #3128

Keep in mind that he watches Hannity, so it could be any number of ridiculous things.  Seth Rich, Pizzagate etc etc etc.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #3129

emphasis on imagine

Reply #3130

And if Trump ( &/or his henchmen ) wind up in jail, will that be "interesting" ?
sure it will. I just don't expect that to happen.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3131
And I don't expect it to happen to Obama or Clinton.
But I'm willing to take a bet.

(As long as you agree to put the stakes in escrow up front.
Fool me once...)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #3132
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3133
iirc, Mueller is a republican himself, so it's odd he isn't going after those easily caught criminals, Clinton and Obama, don't you think, Dave?

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #3134

What the hell?  People are already pleading guilty to crimes in order to turn evidence over on the higher-ups in the Trump admin.  Why wouldn't you think there are going to be prison sentences? You are fucking clueless, man, on so many things. 

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3135
He watches fox and reads breitbart et al. He has likely not seen the guilty pleas, the bail strictures, the sentences these guys are likely accepting as part of their plea deals. I imagine half the people wandering around the white house at this point are wearing wires - Trump wants to see wiretaps? He's got human wiretaps on his team now, lol.

Reply #3136

What the hell?  People are already pleading guilty to crimes in order to turn evidence over on the higher-ups in the Trump admin.  Why wouldn't you think there are going to be prison sentences? You are fucking clueless, man, on so many things. 
Am I?  We'll see!

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #3137
You can see it right now, Dave.. It's not "we will see", it's "we are seeing, right now".. Turn off Fox News and instead of being led around like the gullible rube you are, actually pay fucking attention to what is going on in your country.

Reply #3138
Heh heh ... "pay fucking attention" huh?

Yeah ... I started doing that more when Trump won in spite of all the lemmings like you who said he wouldn't.  And I'm paying attention now to stuff described nicely right here ...

So Peter Strzok wasn't just a top investigator for Special Counsel Robert Mueller until he was axed for anti-Trump and pro-Clinton bias: He was also a major player in the Hillary e-mail probe and the FBI work that led to the "collusion" investigation.

And Mueller and the FBI both dragged their feet on sharing key info about all this with Congress.
Including the news that Strzok was the one who changed then-FBI chief Jim Comey's draft language on Clinton's use of that private server from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless" in the final version.

That's huge, because the statute specifies that gross negligence in the handling of classified info is itself a crime, whatever the intent -- though Comey declared that Clinton shouldn't face prosecution precisely because she had no "intent" to break the law.

Strzok also conducted the FBI interviews of Clinton and her top aides, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, in the e-mail probe.

More, he was reportedly one of the major FBI figures urging investigations on the basis of the "Steele dossier" of Russian-sourced scurrilous anti-Trump allegations, which we now know was commissioned by the Clinton campaign.

More, he signed the documents that opened the ensuing "collusion" probe. And he led the FBI interview of Gen. Mike Flynn, in which Flynn told the lies that eventually forced him out as Trump's national security adviser, and for which he's now pleaded guilty in a deal with Mueller.

Meanwhile, Mills and Abedin's testimony in their interviews has been shown false in one major regard: Contrary to their denials, each had been well aware of Clinton's private server -- they had to deal with the office fallout whenever it went down. Unlike Flynn, though, they never faced charges for lying to federal investigators.

Which makes President Trump's request to Comey to go easy on Flynn look reasonable enough.

The public doesn't know just how egregious Strzok's bias was, and won't until the release of his texts with his mistress, an FBI lawyer who (sigh) was also on Mueller's team.

But as things stand, it now looks like the fix was well and truly in on the Hillary probe. Far worse, it also looks like the "collusion" probe was a partisan hit from the start -- which undermines the basis for Mueller's own investigation.

What a mess.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/latest-revelations-make-the-entire-collusion-probe-look-like-a-partisan-hit/

Reply #3140
Heh heh ... "pay fucking attention" huh?

Yeah ... I started doing that more when Trump won in spite of all the lemmings like you who said he wouldn't.  And I'm paying attention now to stuff described nicely right here ...

So Peter Strzok wasn't just a top investigator for Special Counsel Robert Mueller until he was axed for anti-Trump and pro-Clinton bias: He was also a major player in the Hillary e-mail probe and the FBI work that led to the "collusion" investigation.

And Mueller and the FBI both dragged their feet on sharing key info about all this with Congress.
Including the news that Strzok was the one who changed then-FBI chief Jim Comey's draft language on Clinton's use of that private server from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless" in the final version.

That's huge, because the statute specifies that gross negligence in the handling of classified info is itself a crime, whatever the intent -- though Comey declared that Clinton shouldn't face prosecution precisely because she had no "intent" to break the law.

Strzok also conducted the FBI interviews of Clinton and her top aides, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, in the e-mail probe.

More, he was reportedly one of the major FBI figures urging investigations on the basis of the "Steele dossier" of Russian-sourced scurrilous anti-Trump allegations, which we now know was commissioned by the Clinton campaign.

More, he signed the documents that opened the ensuing "collusion" probe. And he led the FBI interview of Gen. Mike Flynn, in which Flynn told the lies that eventually forced him out as Trump's national security adviser, and for which he's now pleaded guilty in a deal with Mueller.

Meanwhile, Mills and Abedin's testimony in their interviews has been shown false in one major regard: Contrary to their denials, each had been well aware of Clinton's private server -- they had to deal with the office fallout whenever it went down. Unlike Flynn, though, they never faced charges for lying to federal investigators.

Which makes President Trump's request to Comey to go easy on Flynn look reasonable enough.

The public doesn't know just how egregious Strzok's bias was, and won't until the release of his texts with his mistress, an FBI lawyer who (sigh) was also on Mueller's team.

But as things stand, it now looks like the fix was well and truly in on the Hillary probe. Far worse, it also looks like the "collusion" probe was a partisan hit from the start -- which undermines the basis for Mueller's own investigation.

What a mess.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/latest-revelations-make-the-entire-collusion-probe-look-like-a-partisan-hit/
Opinion from the site that tells us Staring At Boobs Is Just One Of Six Easy Ways Men Can Live Longer.
WooHoo?

Reply #3141

• JonF
Reply #3142
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, plenty of innuendo, no evidence.

Especially the scare quotes around "intent".  Yes, the statures requite intent.  Yes, it's obvious that she did not intentionally mishandle classified material.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #3143
And it ain't just Fox News smelling rotten apples ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-special-counsel-needs-to-investigate-the-fbi-and-justice-department-now/2017/12/04/5ca1234c-d916-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.d1b4bf822309
That's an opinion piece by conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

Interesting how you can find opposing viewpoints in pretty much any mainstream media except Fox. It's as if truth matters outside of the conservative bubble.

• JonF
Reply #3144

None of that is grounds for recusal, much less shutting the investigation down.

There's no reason to believe being an attorney for an Obama official makes one hopelessly biased, nor does deciding that an executive order is unconstitutional, nor does being anti-Trump make one automatically improperly defend Hillary.

Only the right wing loons act like that.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3145
And I don't expect it to happen to Obama or Clinton.
But I'm willing to take a bet.

(As long as you agree to put the stakes in escrow up front.
Fool me once...)
Quote from: Dave Hawkins

*   crickets   * 

So... not so sure, eh?

Reply #3146
take the bet dave :pisstape:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Pingu
Reply #3147

None of that is grounds for recusal, much less shutting the investigation down.

There's no reason to believe being an attorney for an Obama official makes one hopelessly biased, nor does deciding that an executive order is unconstitutional, nor does being anti-Trump make one automatically improperly defend Hillary.

Only the right wing loons act like that.

You could argue that a person who did NOT find Trump appalling would be someone who didn't put a very high value on TRUTH.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #3148
Dammitall wants to talk about Trump on the other thread...

Let's talk about him here instead...

Jerusalem recognized

Terror ban upheld

UN Migrant Program dropped

TPP/Climate accord dropped

Roy Moore winning Senate race

CNN credibility destroyed

Russiagate debunked

Media/Democrat perverts exposed

MagaMarket exploding

Its only been one year

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3149
Dammitall wants to talk about Trump on the other thread...

Let's talk about him here instead...

Jerusalem recognized
  To what benefit? At what cost?

Terror ban upheld
To what benefit? At what cost? Please note, the ban does not include countries with which Trump has business ties and does not include the country from which 19 out of 20 of the 9/11 hijackers came.

UN Migrant Program dropped
Which accomplished what?

TPP/Climate accord dropped
And now the US is the lone country to not adopt the accords? Yay!!

Roy Moore winning Senate race
Yeah, we need more pedophiles in Congress. But you've already demonstrated your stance on pedophilia.

CNN credibility destroyed
Not really, except with those that already discounted it.

Russiagate debunked
Really?  You are on a flight of desperate fancy.

Media/Democrat perverts exposed
Along eith a bunch at Fox and a number of prominent business people and Republicans, including Trump himself and Roy Moore.

MagaMarket exploding
What's a MagaMarket?

Its only been one year
Once again, cherry picking results.
Yes, just imagine the damage to come.

Bluffy, stop shitting yourself.
  • Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:06:49 AM by RAFH
Are we there yet?