Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Don't be all aspie over this, because things like this go to shit when we let that happen.

Topic: Nigel Farage can get the fuck out of my state. (Read 49 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Nigel Farage can get the fuck out of my state.
Nigel Farage, the British politician known for his successful campaign to get the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, has teamed up with the backers of a campaign to split California into two separate states: a coastal state that would be dominated by liberal-dominated portion and an inland state that would be far more conservative.

This effort is one of several "CalExit" proposals that have been floated since the 2016 presidential election, in which Democrat Hillary Clinton won the national popular vote by nearly 3 million votes but still managed to lose by a lopsided margin in the Electoral College.

Farage and his finance partner Arron Banks have reportedly been recruited by Republican operatives Scott Baugh and Gerry Gunster to help raise money to fund the drive to get more than 500,000 signatures from around the state in order to put the proposal before voters on California's 2018 ballot.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/27/brexit-engineer-nigel-farage-hired-to-promote-effort-to-break-california-in-two/

This is literally the first I've heard of any of this.  There are occasional rumblings about splitting the state but none I've heard about in years. 

Something else to raise hell about.