Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Tagline To Be Decided By Poll

Topic: Tapatalk (Read 267 times) previous topic - next topic

Tapatalk
I only find the TR archive in Tapatalk. Can the active forum be reached in the app?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Tapatalk
Reply #1
It cannot.

Reply #2
there is a mobile version of this site and it's pretty good imo

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #3
^ I'm thick but do you mean the skin setting?

Reply #4
there is a mobile version of this site and it's pretty good imo

How do I access it? I'm posting this using my phone's browser. It's useable but it isn't a mobile version. Looks the same as the desktop version.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5
The site automatically senses the screen size/orientation and switches you to the mobile version.  The main difference you'll see is that the links at the top of the page become images instead of words.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #6
I can't get Tapatalk to work at all
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
Tapatalk isn't installed in this version of TR.  Elkarte forums didn't want to work with the tapatalk team so the site can be used in their app.

Reply #8
The site automatically senses the screen size/orientation and switches you to the mobile version.  The main difference you'll see is that the links at the top of the page become images instead of words.
I have to use the screen magnifier to read the text of posts. A mobile version would scale the fonts and UI for screen size AND dpi. On my iPhone SE it's just a miniaturized desktop site with tiny fonts.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #9
SE is cool. Do you have desktop version on? This is the first forum that is good on fone browser imo

Reply #10
I get the same Talkrational regardless of whether I request desktop or mobile.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #11
are you toggled to desktop mode? It doesn't matter if you are in android, but maybe it matters with iphone?

Reply #12
I've toggled back and forth between both. Same site.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #13
What template are you using?

Reply #14
You mean Theme? Elk Arte Default.

I don't usually use my phone on TR. But I'm away from home visiting family for the holidays, and brought my tablet, which isn't working all the time. So I have been using my phone browser. FWIW, the site looks the same in Safari or Edge (yes, Edge for iPhone).

This is pretty much THE reason I don't normally browse the web on my phone. Apps will scale fonts according to iOS settings, but the browser doesn't. And if the website doesn't have a reader mode, the fonts are almost always too tiny for me to read without glasses or screen magnifier.
  • Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:31:06 AM by Autonemesis