Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: what's your phone number?

Topic: Scaramucci >> Spicer (Read 1613 times) previous topic - next topic

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Scaramucci >> Spicer
This guy is awesome.

• linus
Re: Scaramucci >> Spicer
Reply #1
Agreed! He may even be better than Katrina Pierson.

ETA: I still find it suspicious, though, that he left a presumably well-paid job as hedge fund manager to kiss Trump's ass---everyday and in public. He must have ambitions beyond communications director.
  • Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:37:03 AM by linus

Reply #2

ETA: I still find it suspicious, though, that he left a presumably well-paid job as hedge fund manager to kiss Trump's ass---everyday and in public. He must have ambitions beyond communications director.

He's already acting as de facto chief of staff. He's also a complete moron, apparently.

His whole style so far is mimicking Trump's mannerisms and bellicosity, which is making him the main story, which might piss off Trump and get him fired

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #3

He's already acting as de facto chief of staff. He's also a complete moron, apparently.

His whole style so far is mimicking Trump's mannerisms and bellicosity, which is making him the main story, which might piss off Trump and get him fired

Washington DC is Hollywood for ugly people.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #4

Yeah he is basically just imitating Trump and saying exactly what Trump would say which is one of the reasons why he sounds like such an incredible fucking moron.

• ksen
Reply #5
and probably why Trump loves him

Reply #6

but now everyone is talking about Mooch, not Trump. Trump doesn't like that.

Reply #7

• ksen
Reply #8

He's Trump's mini-me.  And who doesn't love mini-me?

I'm hoping that they'll fuel each others' craziness so it reaches heights we never dreamed possible.  And if we avoid being incinerated in nuclear fire along the way it will be glorious.

Hold on, who am I kidding?  Getting incinerated in nuclear fire to be rid of these idiots would also be glorious.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #9

Oh yeah, never shine brighter than the narcicist in power.

Impressed with how well Bannon appears to have learned that lesson

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #10

He's a great distraction from the Russia investigation. I'm pretty sure Trump is happy about that.

• Monad
Reply #11
Spicer is now doing the Bohemian Rhapsody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

Scaramucci, Scaramucci, can you do the fandango?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #12

He's still getting paid by the hedge fund, that was in his financial disclosure and what he's pissed about because he thinks the public disclosure was "leaked" by Priebus.

• linus
Reply #13

So far it looks like his self-promotion is sufficiently cloaked in sycophancy to go under Trump's radar, but who knows when that changes.

Reply #14
This guy is a colossal fucking idiot

There's a character in the Robert de Niro movie about Bernie Madoff who has a speech about how women are cars. "You got your Cadillac pussy, you got your Buick pussy." That is literally Scaramucci

Reply #15

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #16
The Trump White House just went full reality TV

Quote from: The Mooch
Now if you want to talk about the chief of staff, we have had odds, we have had differences. When I said we were brothers from the podium, it's because we're rough on each other. Some brothers are like Cain and Abel. Other brothers can fight with each other and get along. I don't know if this is reparable or not; that will be up to the president.

Good grief.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• linus

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #18

is there some conservative entertainment alternate history where Paterno was wrongly maligned because the media hated his traditional values?

• Monad
Reply #19

• el jefe
Reply #20

#presidentmooch

• ksen

• ksen
Reply #22
http://www.salon.com/2017/07/27/anthony-scaramucci-compares-obamacare-repeal-to-ending-slavery/

"If you read 'Team of Rivals,'" Scaramucci replied, "it took Lincoln three or four times to get what he wanted from the Senate and House of Representatives -- which was the full abolition of slavery."

:twitch:

• el jefe
Reply #23
http://www.salon.com/2017/07/27/anthony-scaramucci-compares-obamacare-repeal-to-ending-slavery/

"If you read 'Team of Rivals,'" Scaramucci replied, "it took Lincoln three or four times to get what he wanted from the Senate and House of Representatives -- which was the full abolition of slavery."

:twitch:
have captain Saunders convey the gentleman from mar-a-logo as far as Hampton roads, Virginia, and there wait until further advice from me.  do not proceed to Washington.

• linus
Reply #24
hmm... starting to think there could be something to these crash-and-burn predictions...
"They'll all be fired by me," he said. "I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I'll fire tomorrow. I'll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus--if you want to leak something--he'll be asked to resign very shortly." The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn't been invited. "Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac," Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: " 'Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.' " (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock," he said, speaking of Trump's chief strategist. "I'm not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I'm here to serve the country." (Bannon declined to comment.)
http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon/amp

A communications director calls a journalist and doesn't quite know the rules of the game.

ETA: although... if all Scaramucci cares about is Trump's opinion, Lizza's report looks fine. "I got the sense that Scaramucci's campaign against leakers flows from his intense loyalty to Trump."
  • Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:28:34 PM by linus