Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: PZ Myers is a leading biologist

Topic: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group (Read 6673 times) previous topic - next topic

Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group
Testy has a wonderful explanation up his sleeve for how the layers which include the Tonto Group formed.  Bill Hoesch has a neat little article explaining the horizontal extent of these layers here ... http://www.icr.org/article/3342/ ... in which he observes the following ...
Tonto Group equivalents, that are also amazingly similar, are found across much of North America and are reported also across wide portions of Canada, Eastern Greenland, Scotland, and South Australia. Such persistence of strata is enough to baffle creationist and evolutionist alike. Picture a sheet of copy paper 0.1 millimeters thick that measures 1 kilometer by 0.6 kilometer, then stack three on top of one another. You then have a picture of how thin these three layers are across the breadth of North America.

A sufficient process is needed to explain such persistence. The Genesis Flood is sufficient.

Go, Testy, go!

:popcorn:

Re: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group
Reply #1
I'm guessing that these same layers can also be found in S. America, Africa and Eurasia ... because there was a single super continent prior to the Flood.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #2
Oh I see, so you're in full badger and squid ink mode now. I had noticed it ramping up.
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
Reply #3
Wherein David "turkey guts, buk buk" Hawkins attempts to reboot a previously eviscerated topic in a reflexive deflection from the evisceration he is currently suffering in another reboot of another previously eviscerated topic.

Flail harder David.
It's what plants crave.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #4
Dave's high speed mind is running circles around us, like a headless chook with its arse on fire.
Truth is out of style

Reply #5
I'm guessing that these same layers can also be found in S. America, Africa and Eurasia ... because there was a single super continent prior to the Flood.
for fuck's sake. You are an idiot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedimentary_rock
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #6
Snelling on the Geology of Israel ...
In southern Israel the flat-lying sedimentary strata (sandstone, limestone and shale) stacked above the unconformity representing the beginning of the Flood are about 1.6 km (1 mi.) thick, similar to the strata sequence exposed in the Grand Canyon (Austin 1994; Beus and Morales 2003). https://answersingenesis.org/geology/geology-of-israel-in-biblical-framework-2-flood-rocks/
Sweet.  Just as I predicted.

Reply #7
for fuck's sake. You are an idiot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedimentary_rock
OK I'm convinced.  Where do I pay my dues for the Darwin Club?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #8
Which fucking strata? Where? And don't say "Flat ones, in Israel".
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #9
Here ya go, find 'em on this site: http://www.gsi.gov.il/eng/

Nice picture here: http://www.gsi.gov.il/eng/?CategoryID=293&ArticleID=756
Truth is out of style

Reply #10
In southern Israel the flat-lying sedimentary strata (sandstone, limestone and shale) stacked above the unconformity representing the beginning of the Flood are about 1.6 km (1 mi.) thick, similar to the strata sequence exposed in the Grand Canyon (Austin 1994; Beus and Morales 2003). https://answersingenesis.org/geology/geology-of-israel-in-biblical-framework-2-flood-rocks/
Your demon is amazing.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #11
Hey Davey, if the creobots want to claim Cambrian sedimentary rocks are Teh FluddeTM and the pre-Cambrian basement rocks are pre-Fludde, how do they explain pre-Cambrian sedimentary rocks?

Because there are shitloads of them lying around.

Precambrian Sedimentary Environments: A Modern Approach to Ancient Depositional Systems
An Early Pre-Cambrian Sedimentary Series in Northern Quebec
Precambrian sedimentary carbonates: carbon and oxygen isotope geochemistry and implications for the terrestrial oxygen budget
Precambrian Basins of India: Stratigraphic and Tectonic Context
Truth is out of style

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #12
Testy has a wonderful explanation up his sleeve for how the layers which include the Tonto Group formed.  Bill Hoesch has a neat little article explaining the horizontal extent of these layers here ... http://www.icr.org/article/3342/ ... in which he observes the following ...
Tonto Group equivalents, that are also amazingly similar, are found across much of North America and are reported also across wide portions of Canada, Eastern Greenland, Scotland, and South Australia. Such persistence of strata is enough to baffle creationist and evolutionist alike. Picture a sheet of copy paper 0.1 millimeters thick that measures 1 kilometer by 0.6 kilometer, then stack three on top of one another. You then have a picture of how thin these three layers are across the breadth of North America.

A sufficient process is needed to explain such persistence. The Genesis Flood is sufficient.

Go, Testy, go!

So that's where you got that sentence. I was positive it was too complex for you to have thought it up yourself.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #13
You'd be guessing wrong. As usual.
Are we there yet?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #14
Oh yeah, while my tiny little low speed mind thinks of it, there are also heaps of pre-Cambrian metamorphic rocks lying around.

For the wilfully ignorant among us, metamorphic rocks are (primarily) sedimentary rocks which have been heated and/or squeezed. So most of the known pre-Cambrian metamorphic rocks would have to be added to any proposed original sedimentary strata.
Truth is out of style

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #15
As has been previously established, the Snelling Twins are liars. Nothing they present can be taken as valid.
Are we there yet?

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #16

Go, Testy, go!

Walther's Law.

Done. Next.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #17
Speaking of which, Dave, those nifty Vishnu Basement Rocks under the Tonto Group have another name. They are also know as the Vishnu Metamorphic Complex.

These basement rocks have also been called either the Vishnu Complex or Vishnu Metamorphic Complex.

IOW, these were originally laid down by water too. But according to Liars for Jesus Inc, large scale deposition of sedimentary rock is caused by Teh FluddeTM.

So this is a problem. Once might say it is a heffalump in the strata.

If large scale sedimentary deposits are caused by a global flood, and only by a global flood, and if the Vishnu series is pre-Fludde, then how did they get there?
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
Reply #18
Try harder guis. You will need to dumb it down a shitload further before David realises he doesn't understand it and is therefore right.
It's what plants crave.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #19
I'm gonna play with this a bit. Out of all the arse kickings that have been delivered to YEC over the years, I don't recall the Vishnu and other metamorphic basement rocks being used to bugger up the Fludde story. It may have been done, because it's bloody obvious now that I've thought of it, but I've never seen Dave address it (even badgeringly).
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #20
The bottom line here is that, eventually, they'll either have to restrict themselves to only calling Hadean igneous rocks "pre-Fludde", which is hardly compatible with the paradise of myth and legend, or they'll have to come up with some arbitrary BS for why sedimentary rocks aint sedimentary rocks if we don't want them to be, which should be good for the tard levels.
Truth is out of style

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #21
I've used pre-cambrian rocks to bugger up flud stories, but I don't recall any YEC's prepared to try and mount a defence. Maybe Dave will be that brave soldier?

......Yeah, I know...
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #22
Oh good. I figured someone must have thought of it.
Truth is out of style

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #23
I once had a thread with posts that refuted the flud with just two words. I think I ended up with 130 posts before I got bored.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #24
Funny that Dave has been viewing this thread but is suddenly reluctant to reply to it.
Truth is out of style