Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: I hope you are happy, SteveF.

Topic: Ivanka and Trump Jr fraud indictement 'mysteriously' dropped in 2012. (Read 38 times) previous topic - next topic

Ivanka and Trump Jr fraud indictement 'mysteriously' dropped in 2012.
Linky.

Highlights:
A ProPublica investigation found that attorneys in the Manhattan District Attorney's office spent about two years building a case against the two Trump children that included emails showing the Trumps knew they were using inflated figures to attract potential buyers to the condo.
The case disappeared after Trump's personal attorney, Marc Kasowitz, met with Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. to ask him to drop the investigation.
Three months after the meeting, Vance overruled his own prosecutors and dropped the case. That same year, Kasowitz donated $25,000 to Vance's campaign, which Vance said was returned shortly before their meeting.

"I did not at the time believe beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime had been committed," Vance told ProPublica. "I had to make a call and I made the call, and I think I made the right call."

A later donation of $50,000, however, occurred less than six months after Vance dropped the case. When confronted with this information, according to ProPublica, Vance pledged to return this donation as well, pledging that it would not be a "millstone" around the neck of his office.