Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• wait a minute i just realized i had told testy, not PO9, to kill himself. is there anyway we can just have both of them kill themselves? i'm willing to eat poop

Topic: Better than superglue - surgical glue. (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

Better than superglue - surgical glue.
Repairing tissue ruptures during surgery can be complicated: Suturing requires piercing an already damaged tissue, and sealants such as glues may not match the material properties of the tissue, leading to subsequent leakage or rupture. Annabi et al. capitalized on the elastic properties of the human protein tropoelastin to engineer a photocrosslinkable hydrogel sealant material. The injectable material, MeTro, successfully sealed surgical incisions in blood vessels in rats and in lungs in pigs without evidence of leakage or rupture. Tunable elastic hydrogel sealants offer a promising adhesive, biocompatible, biodegradable material for tissue repair.

Neato!

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: Better than superglue - surgical glue.
Reply #1
Awesome. Can it be used to glue Trump's mouth shut?
Truth is out of style

• ppnl
Reply #2
Awesome. Can it be used to glue Trump's mouth shut?

It could. But the resulting orange explosion would cover three states in a layer of cheeto dust three feet thick.

Reply #3
That is a funny image sequence.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #4
This needs to be done....in the name of science. ;)