Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: we are internet drama junkies, and kinda like vultures circling the struggling beast. we don't necessarily need a personal stake in this shit, well other than lulz being serious personal business

Topic: NH winter cooling (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NH winter cooling
Reply #50
My favorite bits...

The new paradigm is to look at the actual observations and compare them with the individual ensemble outputs.

They're doing what now? Testing their models against empirical observations? Tell me more about this crazy "new paradigm"!

They then identify which models are closest to the observations and give those model outputs a higher weighting in computing the grand canonical average.

They what? Refine their models based on their observations? What kind of crazy nonsense is that?

Obviously enough If you arrange for some algorithmic procedure to generate a combined output whilst weighting those which are currently running closest to the observations then you can in effect never be wrong.

Obviously enough, if you refine your theories to match your observations, your theories make accurate predictions. What a dastardly trick!

Reply #51
Lolz.  Your link was an evidence-free opinion piece without even so much as a reference to any paper or data.  The paper it's opining on - when I found it - is paywalled.  I gave an opinion on your referenced opinion.  Maybe try posting some evidence if you want evidenced refutation but since I've been asking you for any evidence at all for years now without success it looks that isn't going to happen.

Reply #52
My favorite bits...

The new paradigm is to look at the actual observations and compare them with the individual ensemble outputs.

They're doing what now? Testing their models against empirical observations? Tell me more about this crazy "new paradigm"!

They then identify which models are closest to the observations and give those model outputs a higher weighting in computing the grand canonical average.

They what? Refine their models based on their observations? What kind of crazy nonsense is that?

Obviously enough If you arrange for some algorithmic procedure to generate a combined output whilst weighting those which are currently running closest to the observations then you can in effect never be wrong.

Obviously enough, if you refine your theories to match your observations, your theories make accurate predictions. What a dastardly trick!

Ben you didn't understand a single word.  You're regressing ever further into some dementia-like state of incoherent rambling.  Couldn't even begin to unscramble this level of world-decoupling without fmri.  Really don't want to witness another human mind unravelling in this way so with regret you're on ignore.  Take it easy and good luck with the coming planetary conflagration :wave:

Reply #53
LOL. Oh noes. Ignored by Cephus! What will I do?

BTW, I can't believe I left this part out...

Unless it becomes a cooling world of course.

What? The theory could be falsified?! This truly is a strange "new paradigm"!