Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: give some hasty rationalization, launch into some tangentially related crap, and then when someone replies to the initial point, pretend that the real topic is your freshly squeezed-out nugget of rhetoric

Topic: Trump Mafia Day 2 (Read 1419 times) previous topic - next topic

Trump Mafia Day 2
You wake up to a scandalous NY Times expose (front cover!) with Gib's face front and center. Apparently Gib was caught in a lie too big. He MUST be fired, he got more press than Trump!

Gib was Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, and vanilla town.

But wait! There's more!

There's a story on the cover of the Washington Post, too! It's Testy Calibrate!

How could anyone, anyone think that this doddering old fool was doing anything wrong? Well, it seems he was siphoning money our of the housing commission to fund the building of new pyramids to store grain. Scandal city!

But everyone misjudged Testy, too. He may have seemed dumb as a brick, but he was still pissed as hell about the primaries. No one would have expected the doddering old man in Housing to be the head leaker, but...

Testy was Ben Carson, the scum don.

Alive:
MikeS
borealis
Nostrum
gib
testy
timewave
LD
bilirubin
valor
ksen
pepermintbutler
rachmarie
Divagreen
nesb

Day ends at 9:00 PM MT Sunday night.

Re: Trump Mafia Day 2
Reply #1
There's no easy way to search by player posts is there?

• ksen
Reply #2
I don't think so.

• ksen
Reply #3
I don't fucking think so. Fucking place.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
I think the best you can do is go to their profile and choose 'show posts'. You get everything but it's fairly easy to sort the mafia game posts.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #5
Quick skim of testy's posts;

He went after ksen hard.
Tried to stick nesb to ksen.
Made a weak fos of bili.

Reply #6

He went after ksen hard.
Made a weak fos of bili.

lol came back after taking your advice to post basically this. Also couldn't see where he called anyone town.

Do you think he voted a scum bud in there only to remove it later.

Reply #7
##VOTE nesb##

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8
I think it's likely - that or the weak bili fos is the real smoking gun.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9
##VOTE nesb##

Somebody messed with me last night. Probably a straight block, but also had aspects of a watcher/tracker. That bit might have been just flavour.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #10
Oh yeah definitely scum-flavoured.

Reply #11
flavor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #12
 :smug:

Thinking about flavour, it could have been a scum role/flavour cop. Maybe looking for a traitor?

Reply #13
You know the first one to mention traitor is always suspected of calling out to scumz right?

• ksen
Reply #14
Are you fucking psychic? How do you know it's flavored like one of those scum fucks?

• ksen
Reply #15
Also I can't fucking believe that little weasel Priebus wasn't a leaker. Has to be fucking fake news.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #16
You know the first one to mention traitor is always suspected of calling out to scumz right?

I just said they looked at me, so kinda pointless to call 'em out.  :unsure:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #17
Are you fucking psychic? How do you know it's flavored like one of those scum fucks?

Russians were implicated you little weasel.

• nesb
Reply #18

I just said they looked at me, so kinda pointless to call 'em out.  :unsure:

That's a good point, but the whole night look thing could be a made up excuse. Doubt it, but it is possible.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #19
Checking in after an entire morning in meetings with teeth.

Going to go back and reread over yesterday in light of this new information. I do like the nesb suspicions but that fits into what I was thinking yesterday.

Also just to point out that borealis may have a traitor on her mind as iirc she was one in my last game.

lol at Ben Carson as the scum don though. The master manipulat.....zzzzzzzzz

• Bilirubin
Reply #20

He went after ksen hard.
Made a weak fos of bili.

Where did you see him try to stick nesb to ksen? Its important to my thinking about yesterday. I didn't actually see him interact with nesb at all directly--but 19 pages I might have missed something.

What I saw on the reread was him coming after ksen for what I think are pretty weak reasons along with a lot of flaily, non committed posts like "I just don't get this flavor" and "day ones amirite" (paraphrasing), then he dumped his town/scum list here including me, ksen, and ld (I guess for lack of participation even though its his day 1 meta). Then nesb took that ksen/bili line up immediately after, including throwing shade on me specifically in post 125. Then nesb did all of his adding up but busy looking posts. Then nesb voted on ksen, citing having missed some Gib posts that he actually never made in post 141.

Post 147 is where Testy gave more spurious reasons for voting ksen, and defended nesb a bit before calling for a bw shift onto ksen. Is this what you meant? Because he's trying to distance them it seems to me. Then, other than a couple of no content posts, Testy goes silent other than to shift his vote onto nesb as the BW built, only to shift onto MikeS later.

So my reread makes me 1) ##VOTE nesb## 2) wonder whether they were trying to either BW or bus ksen. I still read ksen as town, but he might have decided to crawl up my ass and park, which I have done with him myself in the past (see the Star Wars game :hug: ).

Finally, borealis, near the end of yesterday when I was fussing over you you made the comment that you interpreted MikeS and nesb as more "desperate than scummy". What did you mean exactly with that? Because to me scummy play comes directly from desperation, since they can ill afford being lynched whereas with town it should matter less.

Reply #21

Finally, borealis, near the end of yesterday when I was fussing over you you made the comment that you interpreted MikeS and nesb as more "desperate than scummy". What did you mean exactly with that? Because to me scummy play comes directly from desperation, since they can ill afford being lynched whereas with town it should matter less.

I interpreted her to mean they were flaily(desperate), especially mikeS once the bw built on him.

The other thing that's bothering me was both nesb and mikes were coming across as newbies making mistakes, but Diva went hard dismissing nesb but jumped all over mikeS doing the same.

• Bilirubin
Reply #22
Don't make me invoke the guapo rule here Peppermint. :whyyou:

At the time the MikeS bw went off with clanging sirens from his posting tbh--that bussing slip was a huge alarm bell in my mind. But it is a thing to keep in mind as we progress.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #23

He went after ksen hard.
Made a weak fos of bili.

Where did you see him try to stick nesb to ksen? Its important to my thinking about yesterday. I didn't actually see him interact with nesb at all directly--but 19 pages I might have missed something.

What I saw on the reread was him coming after ksen for what I think are pretty weak reasons along with a lot of flaily, non committed posts like "I just don't get this flavor" and "day ones amirite" (paraphrasing), then he dumped his town/scum list here including me, ksen, and ld (I guess for lack of participation even though its his day 1 meta). Then nesb took that ksen/bili line up immediately after, including throwing shade on me specifically in post 125. Then nesb did all of his adding up but busy looking posts. Then nesb voted on ksen, citing having missed some Gib posts that he actually never made in post 141.

Post 147 is where Testy gave more spurious reasons for voting ksen, and defended nesb a bit before calling for a bw shift onto ksen. Is this what you meant? Because he's trying to distance them it seems to me. Then, other than a couple of no content posts, Testy goes silent other than to shift his vote onto nesb as the BW built, only to shift onto MikeS later.

So my reread makes me 1) ##VOTE nesb## 2) wonder whether they were trying to either BW or bus ksen. I still read ksen as town, but he might have decided to crawl up my ass and park, which I have done with him myself in the past (see the Star Wars game :hug: ).

Reply 249, D1 - I'd link it but using a tablet and can't figure out how to do it rn. He says if one is scum so is the other.

Re my comment on mike and nesb - I have strong recollection of my first half dozen or so mafia games at TR. I was day one or two lynch often, and was town, because I used to panic and flail when fos'd. It takes some experience to learn not to do that and understand why early town lynches help solve games, and neither mike nor nesb have a lot of experience, so I'm inclined to cut them some slack. Doesn't mean they can't be scum, of course.

Reply #24
Don't make me invoke the guapo rule here Peppermint. :whyyou:

At the time the MikeS bw went off with clanging sirens from his posting tbh--that bussing slip was a huge alarm bell in my mind. But it is a thing to keep in mind as we progress.

What's the guapo rule?