TR Memescape

• TalkRational: let's make a poll

Topic: Trump Mafia Day 2 (Read 1429 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Trump Mafia Day 2
Reply #25
Don't make me invoke the guapo rule here Peppermint. :whyyou:

At the time the MikeS bw went off with clanging sirens from his posting tbh--that bussing slip was a huge alarm bell in my mind. But it is a thing to keep in mind as we progress.

What's the guapo rule?

Don't answer questions asked of another player.

Ha! This is an example of breaking the rule.

Reply #26
lol

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #27
Quick skim of testy's posts;

He went after ksen hard.
Tried to stick nesb to ksen.
Made a weak fos of bili.

Where did you see him try to stick nesb to ksen? Its important to my thinking about yesterday. I didn't actually see him interact with nesb at all directly--but 19 pages I might have missed something.

What I saw on the reread was him coming after ksen for what I think are pretty weak reasons along with a lot of flaily, non committed posts like "I just don't get this flavor" and "day ones amirite" (paraphrasing), then he dumped his town/scum list here including me, ksen, and ld (I guess for lack of participation even though its his day 1 meta). Then nesb took that ksen/bili line up immediately after, including throwing shade on me specifically in post 125. Then nesb did all of his adding up but busy looking posts. Then nesb voted on ksen, citing having missed some Gib posts that he actually never made in post 141.

Post 147 is where Testy gave more spurious reasons for voting ksen, and defended nesb a bit before calling for a bw shift onto ksen. Is this what you meant? Because he's trying to distance them it seems to me. Then, other than a couple of no content posts, Testy goes silent other than to shift his vote onto nesb as the BW built, only to shift onto MikeS later.

So my reread makes me 1) ##VOTE nesb## 2) wonder whether they were trying to either BW or bus ksen. I still read ksen as town, but he might have decided to crawl up my ass and park, which I have done with him myself in the past (see the Star Wars game :hug: ).

Finally, borealis, near the end of yesterday when I was fussing over you you made the comment that you interpreted MikeS and nesb as more "desperate than scummy". What did you mean exactly with that? Because to me scummy play comes directly from desperation, since they can ill afford being lynched whereas with town it should matter less.

Reply 249, D1 - I'd link it but using a tablet and can't figure out how to do it rn. He says if one is scum so is the other.

Re my comment on mike and nesb - I have strong recollection of my first half dozen or so mafia games at TR. I was day one or two lynch often, and was town, because I used to panic and flail when fos'd. It takes some experience to learn not to do that and understand why early town lynches help solve games, and neither mike nor nesb have a lot of experience, so I'm inclined to cut them some slack. Doesn't mean they can't be scum, of course.
Thanks for the link to the post. Yes, that definitely ties them together. Looks like a set up given my thinking and this retrospective knowledge from the overnight doings. Hmm

Reply #28
Just to let everyone know I will be around but in and out today til later tonight when my computer is put away and then I will be on tablet/phone access after that. Tomorrow my friend is picking me up to drive me to her farm in S IL. She does have internet though.

Reply #29
Hey gang it's me your pal Valor!

##VOTE nesb##

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #30
What's your reasoning for the nesb vote?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #31

Testy tried to connect nesb and ksen. It looks like a plausible setup, so if nesb had been lynched and flipped scum, ksen would be implicated. I dunno. It's a direction to consider.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #32
I think we are ahead! Go town.

I kinda hope it was a town vig rather than an SK, but either way good pick.!
this old world keeps spinning round.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #33
the days are 48 hours?

So, no hurry, we have plenty of time to assess.
The only change to my town readings from yesterday s perhaps bili.
Not reading him as scum, but in my neutral pile with bor, maybe a slight town lean for both.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #34
Teeth didn't give us a vote count?
EOD day one I mean.
Fuck, will have to go back through and try and figure out the voting.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #35

Testy tried to connect nesb and ksen. It looks like a plausible setup, so if nesb had been lynched and flipped scum, ksen would be implicated. I dunno. It's a direction to consider.

:unsure: you just guapo'd the question I asked Valor.  I was about to post that I have you as town, but then you said ^ which makes no sense to me

I have to reread day 1, I guess

Reply #36
Whomever nailed Testy - good read and thanks.

Why would testy try to implicate a scum (nesb) to ksen as a scum in order to get a lynch of a townie?  That seems pretty convoluted for a day one plan when the odds are in favor of town lynching a townie anyway. 

Reply #37

Why would testy try to implicate a scum (nesb) to ksen as a scum in order to get a lynch of a townie?  That seems pretty convoluted for a day one plan when the odds are in favor of town lynching a townie anyway. 

It's a matter of looking at testy's "reads" and who he talked to, who he distanced himself from, etc

Reply #38

It's a matter of looking at testy's "reads" and who he talked to, who he distanced himself from, etc
  Wouldn't it make more sense that anyone testy tried to bus is most likely town?  At least, that is what I think.   Of course, I have not played with him lately but he never struck me as being that crafty.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #39
I've iso'd:
rach... very meh

testy... the linking nesb to ksen thing, so what?  The link was made as a way for him to switch his vote from ksen and he used "scum coaching" as the mechanism.  His ksen vote was very early on and then he just jumps on building BWs. 

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #40

LD is town

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #41
##VOTE nesb##

are you a trustworthy mayor?

Reply #42
I am here, I have the thread and I want to respond to a cple of posts first and then I will lay out some of my thoughts.

the move is not going according to plan (understatement) so i am sorry my activity will not be as it is usually.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #43
Looking at the voting I don't think nesb is scum.
Maybe not valor either.
without a running vote count in the game for people to know who is close to being lynched, it's hard for town to know
but I'm pretty sure scum would know.
The vote came down to mikes, nesb or valor being the lynch.

would scum leave nesb and valor hanging in the wind?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #44
look at the quick BW on nesb already today.

Easiest lynch for the scum team today: nesb

go go go go

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #45
what were your votes yesterday, TW?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #46

:unsure: you just guapo'd the question I asked Valor.  I was about to post that I have you as town, but then you said ^ which makes no sense to me

I have to reread day 1, I guess

I missed Valor's post and thought you were asking me.

Reply #47

Finally, borealis, near the end of yesterday when I was fussing over you you made the comment that you interpreted MikeS and nesb as more "desperate than scummy". What did you mean exactly with that? Because to me scummy play comes directly from desperation, since they can ill afford being lynched whereas with town it should matter less.

I interpreted her to mean they were flaily(desperate), especially mikeS once the bw built on him.

The other thing that's bothering me was both nesb and mikes were coming across as newbies making mistakes, but Diva went hard dismissing nesb but jumped all over mikeS doing the same.

uhm.

I didn't dismiss nesb, I said I thought bili brought up some really good points and I said that nesb looked scummy but that unfortunately town does the things that bili found scummy too.

I thought mikes looked summy with that slip and the way that it was worded, I explained all of this. they are 2 different players that played in 2 separate ways so I am not quite sure why you are coughing up this false equivalence as if it means something. the fact that they were both newb had nothing to do with my read on either of them, they are mutually exclusive.

mebbe it had to do with how YOU read them but not me.

true story: I thought bili saidd this and I was ready to tear into him. I realize that more than anything I want to catch bili as scum so I can lord it over him for all eternity. that is the goal of my whole mafia career.

but I am still unsure on him.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #48
look at the quick BW on nesb already today.

Easiest lynch for the scum team today: nesb

go go go go

:unsure: It's a long day. Why would scum show their hand right out of the gate?

It seemed like a logical starting point to me. I think at least Testy's actions/vote moving make ksen look more like town, and nesb less so.

Reply #49
the days are 48 hours?

So, no hurry, we have plenty of time to assess.
The only change to my town readings from yesterday s perhaps bili.
Not reading him as scum, but in my neutral pile with bor, maybe a slight town lean for both.

I thought it was 24?