• Talk Rational: A Safe Place

Topic: Very Interesting finding (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

• socrates1

• Faid
Re: Very Interesting finding
Reply #1
[1]
Not even worth a pity reply
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #2
Clips from the Science Channel series What on Earth? reveal images of a mysterious location just off the coast of the tiny nation of Micronesia.

"off the coast of the tiny nation of Micronesia" is a blatantly misleading phrase. Micronesia is a collection of literally thousands of islands and this is just one more island that is a part of them. Pohnpei is within a regional island group and that group is within another larger grouping called Pohnpei State, which is one of the four states of Micronesia. Pohnpei isn't "off the coast" of anything, it is Micronesia and was always considered enough of an important part of it to name the state after it.

Ancient ruins in the middle of the Pacific ocean could be the remnants of a legendary race or dare we say....Atlantis.

Somehow this is very interesting that they found an island that has a history going back a whole two generations further than other local islands? Or is it the disingenuous use of "legendary race" with no explanation, or perhaps tossing in Atlantis for no reason whatsoever other than Oooo value, given that if it ever existed as other than a fictional story it would have been in the Med/Atlantic on the near opposite side of the planet?  ::)

That What on Earth show is about as intellectually honest as the program In Search Of... was back in the day with the same continuous flow of contrived "could it be ?!?" bullshit before explaining the usually mundane or half-interesting truth about any target they've picked. That *interesting* article ginned up two lines of bullshit to double down on the phony mystery pumped up by a bullshit "reality science" show.

• Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:48:23 AM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3
Clips from the Science Channel series What on Earth? reveal images of a mysterious location just off the coast of the tiny nation of Micronesia.

"off the coast of the tiny nation of Micronesia" is a blatantly misleading phrase. Micronesia is a collection of literally thousands of islands and this is just one more island that is a part of them. Pohnpei is within a regional island group and that group is within another larger grouping called Pohnpei State, which is one of the four states of Micronesia. Pohnpei isn't "off the coast" of anything, it is Micronesia and was always considered enough of an important part of it to name the state after it.

Ancient ruins in the middle of the Pacific ocean could be the remnants of a legendary race or dare we say....Atlantis.

Somehow this is very interesting that they found an island that has a history going back a whole two generations further than other local islands? Or is it the disingenuous use of "legendary race" with no explanation, or perhaps tossing in Atlantis for no reason whatsoever other than Oooo value, given that if it ever existed as other than a fictional story it would have been in the Med/Atlantic on the near opposite side of the planet?  ::)

That What on Earth show is about as intellectually honest as the program In Search Of... was back in the day with the same continuous flow of contrived "could it be ?!?" bullshit before explaining the usually mundane or half-interesting truth about any target they've picked. That *interesting* article ginned up two lines of bullshit to double down on the phony mystery pumped up by a bullshit "reality science" show.

Sounds like something sucky would be sucked into.
Are we there yet?