Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: less funny that it used to be

Topic: How economically desperate (Read 2131 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Re: How economically desperate
Reply #250
I'm really starting to think that the rural/urban divide is bigger and more profound than the liberal/conservative divide.
Me too and it kinda bugs me because it's hard to articulate in a way that either side understands. Also, rural culture is way different between geographic areas. But in general, there's a freakish kind of cargo cultism on the rural end and there's a freakish kind of class-based inhumanity on the urban end and the two perspectives create an escalating positive feedback loop when they come into contact.
eh, it's a cartoonish dichotomy.  most people live in the suburbs.
:dunno:   Most people are centrists.  The entire liberal/conservative dichotomy is cartoonish.  Both of them are outlooks that focus only on the extremes and ignore the very large middle.  Doesn't ever seem to slow people down though.
first of all, I don't think that's true anymore.  we have media isolation and opinion cluster segregation to the point where there are very few centrists nowadays.

second, even if liberal/conservative were a cartoonish dichotomy, that wouldn't be an argument that urban/rural isn't a cartoonish dichotomy

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #251
most people have no political ideology whatsoever
Pretty much
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #252
I'm really starting to think that the rural/urban divide is bigger and more profound than the liberal/conservative divide.
Me too and it kinda bugs me because it's hard to articulate in a way that either side understands. Also, rural culture is way different between geographic areas. But in general, there's a freakish kind of cargo cultism on the rural end and there's a freakish kind of class-based inhumanity on the urban end and the two perspectives create an escalating positive feedback loop when they come into contact.
I can totally get behind hating on suburban assholes.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #253
Wow so much intolerance

Reply #254
 :cheer:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #255
:gonk:  I'm a self-hating suburban asshole...
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #256
you know what you can do to fix that

Reply #257
:gonk:  I'm a self-hating suburban asshole...
Well, then it's unanimous.

Reply #258
lol