Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: shut up you house atheists

Topic: The All-American Shooting Thread (Read 955 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
The All-American Shooting Thread

Re: The All-American Shooting Thread
Reply #1
Do people actually go to church in Texas expecting to not get shot? I'm not too familiar with that culture.

Reply #2

Reply #3
apparently this guy was so much of a piece of shit that the air force court martialled him and game him a dishonorable discharge, but he somehow still got himself an assault rifle.

Reply #4
AR-15 lololol

Reply #5

btw the shooter was Devin Kelley, not Chris Ward
  • Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:01:52 PM by dinosaurs!

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #6
shooter identified.  white guy, mid 20s.  I'm hearing that the church was AME = african methodist episocal.  iow, another case of white guy shoots up black church

Reply #7
It was called "First Baptist Church."

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #8
shooter identified.  white guy, mid 20s.  I'm hearing that the church was AME = african methodist episocal.  iow, another case of white guy shoots up black church

shooter's pride of ownership & high kill count results....

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #9
It's almost as if this idea that guns make you manly and tough and cool and are super fun and will keep you safe is completely and utterly fucking toxic.

• el jefe
Reply #10
the purpose of America is to shoot people.  if you don't want to get shot, go back to China or wherever.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #11

Reply #12
Hey, but you know, we're all praying for the people shot up in church, just in case they weren't doing it enough.

• Monad
Reply #13

Doesn't appear to be:

http://www.ssfb.net/

sounds more like this was a local boy with anger management issues and a new toy grudge thing

Small church - average attendance around 50 - POS seems to have shot pretty much the entire congregation including the pastor's daughter

heartbreaking

• el jefe
Reply #14
ok, don't know what I saw

Reply #15
Court-martialed for domestic abuse. This town was where his mother-in-law lived.

Reply #16
Clearly this was a Bad Guy With A Gun. But there was a Good Guy With A Gun there also - who "engaged" him and gave chase. Good thing too, or else the death toll would probably have been much higher than the trifling two dozen or so. And we should all pay loads of attention to the fact that someone with a rifle got involved at one point.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/06/have-a-go-hero-shot-sutherland-springs-gunmanand-helped-prevent/

Like so. Because clearly, this could have been a lot worse, and if only there had been more rifles around, we probably could have avoided the whole thing

As the wise leader of the free world said:

Speaking at a news conference in Japan, Mr Trump said: "Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction, otherwise it would have been - as bad as it was - it would have been much worse."
  • Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:13:12 AM by vivisectus

Reply #17
ok, don't know what I saw
You saw the black people and assumed it could only be AME, which makes you...

Reply #18
Ah, finally, someone has put their finger on the real problem: not enough guns.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/06/texas-attorney-general-congregations-should-be-armed-after-church-shooting

The only reasonable solution is to arm all the churches. And schools. Workplaces. Concerts. Pretty much anywhere people gather, we need a whole shitton of semi-automatic rifles with large, high capacity magazines. That way, if someone opens fire, they will get instantly shot, by all the Good Guys With Guns.

It really is fool-proof. I mean what could possibly go wrong when everyone is heavily armed, all the time?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/06/texas-attorney-general-congregations-should-be-armed-after-church-shooting

The only reasonable solution is to arm all the churches. And schools. Workplaces. Concerts. Pretty much anywhere people gather, we need a whole shitton of semi-automatic rifles with large, high capacity magazines. That way, if someone opens fire, they will get instantly shot, by all the Good Guys With Guns.

It really is fool-proof. I mean what could possibly go wrong when everyone is heavily armed, all the time?
Nothing, plus there's the potential of a lot of people with guns getting eliminated.

I just avoid large crowds. By large, I mean more then 4 and preferably not more than 2.
Are we there yet?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #20
Court-martialed for domestic abuse. This town was where his mother-in-law lived.

Once again highlighting the strong relationship between domestic violence and mass shooters.

Reply #21

Nothing, plus there's the potential of a lot of people with guns getting eliminated.

I just avoid large crowds. By large, I mean more then 4 and preferably not more than 2.
There goes your invitation to board game night. :p

Reply #22

I agree, down with this hippie bullshit swords into plowshares and spears into pruninghooks sissyboy nonsense.

Reply #23
If we brought back duels with longswords, that would be so much better!

• MikeS
Reply #24
And he's an athiest.
From a news article above ...
Nina Rose Nava, who went to school with Kelley, said: "He was always talking about how people who believe in God were stupid and trying to preach his atheism.'

Preachin' that atheism.  Praise ... ummm ... me.