Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: A republic of cart threads

Topic: Two Issues (Read 139 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Two Issues
When I log in, I frequently get an Error message that says my session timed out. There's a 'back' option beneath the error message, but it doesn't work. Clicking the main forum head or new posts lets me try to log in again and it usually works second try.

When I hit 'post', I often get an empty reply box. I click 'back' and my post is there, usually not actually posted, but sometimes if I hit 'post' again, I get the message 'already posted', and sometimes it just double posts.

Halp.

Re: Two Issues
Reply #1
Software doesn't like you. :p 

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #2
also let's not forget that when fone posting quoting does not work

Reply #3

unless you turn off the editor then it works.

Seems to be a problem with the mobile "light" site. When I request desktop version, the editor comes up and I can quote.

Any way to turn off the light site default for mobile? It's literally no different than the desktop version and his buggier.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #4
hmm will try that thx

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5

Seems to be a problem with the mobile "light" site. When I request desktop version, the editor comes up and I can quote.

Any way to turn off the light site default for mobile? It's literally no different than the desktop version and his buggier.

there is not, unfortunately.  Maybe getting a bigger phone.  I wonder if a galaxy note displays the regular site.  My 7 inch tablet did.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6
Well now the phone whiners have their issues dealt with...  :colbert:

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
Do you have the wysiwyg editor turned off?  I think you do, but if you don't I'd definitely turn it off.

I've never had the problems you're talking about on any device.

Do you still use MS Edge?  I absolutely refuse to launch that shit unless some government or medical site requires it.  Otherwise I do business with another site.  Not saying your problem is Edge.  I'm just saying that if your problem happens to be Edge, I'll never see the same browser behaviors.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8
I do use edge, however, I switched to firefox several times and still encountered the problems sporadically. yes, I have wysiwig turned off.

Also firefox suuuucks.

Have been too lazy to dl chrome but probably will soon.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9
Chrome is great.

So is opera if you don't mind the people's republic of china looking over your shoulder.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #10

there is not, unfortunately.  Maybe getting a bigger phone.  I wonder if a galaxy note displays the regular site.  My 7 inch tablet did.

Um so I had a look on my fone and I don't see where I can switch to desktop mode.  Help please!

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #11

Um so I had a look on my fone and I don't see where I can switch to desktop mode.  Help please!

What browser do you use?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #12
safari

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #13
Start by pulling up a mobile website on Safari; I'll be using Wikipedia for this example. Once it's loaded, tap and hold the Refresh icon in the URL bar and you'll see the option to "Request Desktop Site" at the bottom. To go back to the mobile version of the website, just repeat the process

.Jul 14, 2015

More here: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/request-desktop-sites-ios-9s-safari-for-ipad-iphone-0163057/ (holy shit what an ugly site)

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #14
Start by pulling up a mobile website on Safari; I'll be using Wikipedia for this example. Once it's loaded, tap and hold the Refresh icon in the URL bar and you'll see the option to "Request Desktop Site" at the bottom. To go back to the mobile version of the website, just repeat the process

.Jul 14, 2015

More here: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/request-desktop-sites-ios-9s-safari-for-ipad-iphone-0163057/ (holy shit what an ugly site)
Thanks!!!! I just did the above and didn't visit the site. This is a fone post :)

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #15
Bit late, but as a FYI I've used Pale Moon 64 bit for yonks, and haven't encountered any bugs. I like it better than the new FF because the interface is more configurable.
Truth is out of style