Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: To me it is above all an honest site: honest fun, honest kindness (a lot of it, once you start looking), honest anger, honest stupidity, honest lunacy, honest hostility, honest viciousness. Honest brawls and meltdowns. Altogether a remarkably interesting - if sometimes downright disturbing - bunch of people speaking their minds.

Topic: This just in: Weaponized mosquitoes! (Read 48 times) previous topic - next topic

This just in: Weaponized mosquitoes!
What could possibly go wrong? 

Actually, this one looks like it might not completely backfire and doom us to death. The mosquitoes are all male, and when they mate with the females, they carry a bacteria that causes the eggs to not hatch.

https://qz.com/1123456/the-epa-has-approved-the-release-of-weaponized-mosquitoes-in-20-us-states/

How long before mother nature finds a way to beat this?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: This just in: Weaponized mosquitoes!
Reply #1
Or it beats Mother Nature via the bacteria spreading to kill related insects up the ladder through Culicordia, Culimorpha, and Nematocera.

I was fascinated by Phantom Crane Flies as a child. I would see small clouds of them hovering in bouncing flight over a nearby well shaded spring, half invisible in the dim light.