Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: we are trapped please help

Topic: Roy Moore is a pedophile (Read 5452 times) previous topic - next topic

Faid, dinosaurs!, BenTheBiased and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Re: Roy Moore is a pedophile
Reply #50
The entire GOP is full of kid diddlers

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #51
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3603201/posts

yep

they don't care even if it's true
every allegation against a lib is true, every one against a conservative is false
I'm leaning more toward every allegation against anyone is a coin flip.  It's a post-truth world guys.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #52
The entire GOP is full of kid diddlers
Their mo does seem to include illegal sexual deviance.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #53
realistically what we're seeing is the masks coming off. The Republican culture wars have always been about rolling back civil rights of women and minorities, but they've had to sell it as religious freedom to get it into widespread consumption. Trump has shown everyone that you don't need to hide the authoritarian anti-liberalism in some sort of complex biblical argument, so everyone is coming out of hiding. It won't hurt them electorally because the Republicans in general are so used to making excuses for fascism that they just don't care anymore.

Reply #54
also, everyone in the AL GOP touches children

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #55
dafuq is an "AL" GOP?

Reply #56
dafuq is an "AL" GOP?
AL = Alabama 

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #57

Reply #58

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #59

idk why... I can't see a whole pile of images.  This is just blank for me.  I suspect it's my company's net filters making sure I don't go to any 'dangerous' sites.  You know, like Photobucket, Twitter, or Imgur. 

• MikeS
Reply #60

idk why... I can't see a whole pile of images.  This is just blank for me.  I suspect it's my company's net filters making sure I don't go to any 'dangerous' sites.  You know, like Photobucket, Twitter, or Imgur. 
Yes, seems to be the same type my company uses.  The post shows blank instead of some "image blocked" or red X.
I see the image fine on my home computer.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #61
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #63
I feel stupid for not seeing this one coming.   ::)   It was inevitable.

• Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:57:29 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Monad
Reply #64
Since some of these states practice child marriage as young as 12 this is probably considered 'normal'

Reply #65
And 40 years ago even more so.  As much as he disgusts me, this has the appearance of a news/Republican/ establishment hit job.

Reply #66
Hit job in what sense?

Reply #67
The sense that there is no criminal charges here.

Reply #68
That's...not what I think of when I think "hit job". Nor does that account for the negative connotation you seem to be implying.

As far as I can tell, Moore isn't accused of anything illegal, only immoral. Which doesn't make it a hit job to write an article on the accusation.
  • Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:56:20 AM by uncool

Reply #69
It's a 24 hr news cycle dedicated to it. Immorality on the topic is vastly different now than it was 40 yrs ago too. What else do you think of as a hit job?

Reply #70
It's a 24 hr news cycle dedicated to it. Immorality on the topic is vastly different now than it was 40 yrs ago too. What else do you think of as a hit job?
Not entirely sure, which is one major reason why I asked. A large part of it probably is in connotation, and may be too wishy-washy to define. I think I'd probably put it as whether the reporters acted in some way unethically.

I'd be much more likely to call it a hit job if there were evidence that this was known to the reporters for some time, but that they only published (or made those connections) when Moore was vulnerable. Or if, as is currently rumored the reporters paid for the accusations. Or something along those lines.

Reply #72

What the fuck is wrong with you

Reply #73

What the fuck is wrong with you

i'm suddenly reminded of the time when testy accused me of being just as bad as pedophiles for my strong anti-pedophile stance.

• Monad
Reply #74
And 40 years ago even more so.  As much as he disgusts me, this has the appearance of a news/Republican/ establishment hit job.

Oh that wasn't what I was saying at all - just that this attitude towards juveniles is pretty much ingrained in the social groups the right wing taps into