Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR has really spoiled me for post quality.

Topic: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread
Reply #50
Al Franken should resign? That's absurd.

By Garrison Keillor  November 28 at 8:08 PM

edit: OK, I've read it. Franken should be happy that Keillor's "defense" was rendered moot the next morning. 
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:58:18 AM by Autonemesis

Reply #51

Reply #52

Reply #53

• MikeS
Reply #54
Have the said passenger wear this sign.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #55
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #56

Reply #57
Garrison Keillor

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/29/garrison-keillor-fired-minnesota-public-radio-allegations-improper-behavior?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
"It's some sort of poetic irony to be knocked off the air by a story, having told so many of them myself, but I'm 75 and don't have any interest in arguing about this. And I cannot in conscience bring danger to a great organization I've worked hard for since 1969," Keillor said.

"A person could not hope for more than what I was given," he said.

MPR did not provide details about the allegations in its statement, but Keillor told a local Minnesota newspaper that he had been accused of touching a woman's bare back.

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back," he told the Star Tribune in an email. "I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."

MPR said that it had been notified of the allegation last month, and that it had retained an outside law firm to conduct an investigation, which continues.

Keillor created and hosted the folksy radio variety program A Prairie Home Companion in 1974 and hosted it until 2016, when he turned over the reins to the musician Chris Thile. The popular program featured performances of folk music, skits, and Keillor's storytelling about a fictionalized Minnesota town called Lake Wobegon.

MPR will terminate its contracts with Keillor and his media companies, stop rebroadcasting Keillor-hosted episodes of A Prairie Home Companion, and change the name of the show's current iteration.

Keillor has also produced another radio show and podcast, The Writer's Almanac, since 1993. MPR said it would no longer distribute or broadcast that show, which features poetry and tidbits about history.
This seems like the wrong way to go about this.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #58
notpologizing? yeah agreed.

Reply #59
Basically, I don't care if Stalin was the one who put the writer's almanac together, I don't want it to go away. Also, if GK only ever touched one back, apologized, and remained friends with the lady, then that's pretty crazy shit that's going down at NPR. There has to be more to it than that. Right?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #60
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/05/john-oliver-confronts-dustin-hoffman-in-tense-exchange-about-sexual-harassment/

Don't worry ladies, Hoffman said how could he ever treat a woman this way since he did the movie Tootsie.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #61
Hmm, the Army-Navy game is in town this weekend, and the SEPTA buses are advertising it! Let's take a look at what's going on in the news coverag--...

http://taskandpurpose.com/west-point-ahmad-bradshaw-rape-allegations/

The U.S. Military Academy's star quarterback, Ahmad Bradshaw, was investigated for allegedly raping a female cadet at West Point, only to remain on the Army Black Knights roster while his accuser was pressured out of the academy, according to internal documents reviewed by The Daily Beast on Friday.

In September 2014, Cadet Madeline Lewis accused Bradshaw of raping her after she returned to her barracks room from a shower, the Daily Beast first reported on Dec. 8.

An internal U.S. Military Academy investigation determined that "a consensual sexual relationship between the cadets had occurred"; a second subsequent investigation, conducted by the Army Criminal Investigation Division, turned up "insufficient evidence" for the service to bring charges against Bradshaw, according to the Daily Beast, and was charged with violating West Point's Cadet Disciplinary Code for "sexual activity, which includes, but is not limited to: kissing, hand holding, and fondling," in the barracks.

Bradshaw denied that the two had any sexual relationship at all when speaking to investigators and never gave an official statement. Lewis was forced to do "hours" -- typically a repetitive marching punishment, but due to her knee injury, she was instead isolated in detention.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #62
Mario Batali:

https://ny.eater.com/2017/12/11/16759540/mario-batali-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Minutes into their conversation, she recalls, he told her, "Come work for me, I'll pay you double what you're making." Moments later, someone bumped her glass, spilling wine all over her chest and down her scooped-neck shirt. She alleges that Batali began rubbing her breasts with his bare hands while saying something like, "Let me help you with that," as he groped her chest. "He just went to town, and I was so shocked," the chef says. "Jaw on the ground, I just stepped back from him in utter disgust and walked away."

The chef is one of four women who allege that Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that appears to span at least two decades. Three of the women worked for Batali in some capacity during their careers. One former employee alleges that over the course of two years, he repeatedly grabbed her from behind and held her tightly against his body. Another former employee alleges that he groped her and that, in a separate incident, he compelled her to straddle him; another alleges that he grabbed her breasts at a party, though she no longer worked for him at the time. The woman whose allegations are described above has never worked for Batali, though she works in the restaurant industry.

Batali did not deny all the allegations, saying that they "match up" with ways he has behaved.

"I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt. Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family."

Reply #63
Sounds like he's cooked.

I'll see myself out.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #64
Ryan Lizza, the reporter who wrote the infamous Scaramucci piece:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-yorker-severs-ties-with-star-reporter-ryan-lizza

Reply #65
And now Tavis Smiley has been dismissed for harrassment by NPR. Plus, the newest and bestest reaction GIF in the history of reaction GIFs.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #66
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, has committed suicide.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson killed himself on a bridge on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, and the gun was recovered.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. "PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !

According to court documents obtained by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, the alleged molestation took place on New Year's Eve in 2012. The alleged victim, who was 17 at the time, told authorities that she was staying in a living area of the Heart of Fire City Church where Johnson was pastor, when Johnson, who had been drinking a lot, approached her, kissed her and fondled her under her clothes.

Johnson was never criminally charged. He vehemently denied the allegations at a press conference Tuesday.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #67

Reply #68
Fucking Tavis Smiley?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #69
More Dustin Hoffman accusers come forward: http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/dustin-hoffman-2-1202641525/

Also Matt Damon is an idiot: http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/matt-damon-shares-all-his-bad-opinions-on-sexual-misconduct.html

If it's a friend of mine, I'm always talking to them. I know the real story if it's my friend.

This is one of the reasons why so many men get away with so much garbage behavior. They lie to their friends, and their friends are fucking gullible enough to believe it all because my friend would never do something like that. It's other people's friends who do bad things.

Reply #70

Reply #71
Chris Matthews.