Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I read your posts. I read every post on Tr. You would be surprised how often someone lets it slip where they live or who their loved ones are.

Topic: Goddamnit Al (Read 1026 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered

Re: Goddamnit Al
Reply #1
Welcome to 4 different threads ago.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
I too am upset about artificial intelligence

• Pingu
Reply #3
but raven said it best  :sadyes:
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #4
"... and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth. I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn't be so nice about it the next time."

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5
  • Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:19:42 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #6
I thought for a minute the robot sex toys had been let loose and were running amok. Just humans again. For now.

Reply #7

Yeah. He went there.
This really just needs to be shown with the 'pussy grabbing' video. Irony is dead....long live irony.

Reply #8
  • Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:08:36 PM by Testy Calibrate
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #9
LOL

Reply #10

Is that how it works, now? Only those who admit wrongdoing are guilty?
  • Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:54:54 AM by Autonemesis

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #11

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #12

Reply #13
A fifth accuser, and now at least four Dem Senators calling for his resignation.

• Pingu
Reply #14
Five now.

All D women.

Reply #15
I still maintain that it's a mistake for the Dems to push for resignations for Franken and Conyers rather than push for an actual investigation of the allegations.

• Pingu
Reply #16
wtf?

• Pingu
Reply #17

Reply #18
see: the Joy-Ann Reid bullshit.

The right wing is seeing this as a means of pushing anyone out. Without a nonpartisan system for doling out punishment, this is going to play hard into the hands of the Republicans.

Reply #19
OTOH look at the gender gap in party support. Women are flocking to D's at least partially because of shit like this.

Fuck Conyers, fuck Franken and fuck every other sexual assaulter. GTFO outta Congress.

• Pingu
Reply #20
Not asking for their resignation would ALSO "play into the hands of Republicans" not least by giving them an excuse to tolerate Moore and Trump.

And forcing out Conyers but not Franken was a terrible look.

Took Dems a while to get to the summit of the moral high ground, but better late than never. 

Because optics apart, this isn't a prosecution so OF COURSE the default should be to believe the women, not least because the (correct) perception that you won't be believed is exactly why so few women actually break their silence.

Reply #21
Let's wait and see how the Moore vote goes before deciding this is an effective means of drumming up support from white conservative women.

Reply #22
Let's wait and see how the Moore vote goes before deciding this is an effective means of drumming up support from white conservative women.

Fuck all conservatives, they are useless trash. There are many more people who stay home, especially in off-year elections, that can and should be targeted.

Moore will win. McConnell will seat him because the GOP is the party of child molesters and sexual abusers. Democrats can and should take a moral stand here, and even you want to play the "hard-nosed cynic," neither Franken nor Conyers' seats are at risk.

We wouldn't accept Democrats cozying up to Nazis if it meant more votes, and we shouldn't accept them shielding sexual harassment and assault.

Reply #23
Not asking for their resignation would ALSO "play into the hands of Republicans" not least by giving them an excuse to tolerate Moore and Trump.

And forcing out Conyers but not Franken was a terrible look.

Took Dems a while to get to the summit of the moral high ground, but better late than never. 

Because optics apart, this isn't a prosecution so OF COURSE the default should be to believe the women, not least because the (correct) perception that you won't be believed is exactly why so few women actually break their silence.

The point is you ask for a serious investigation, state that you will stand by the findings of the investigation, and demand bipartisan buy-in to the investigatory system. Once that investigation is completed, you then ask for the resignation. It's not that fucking hard.

Jumping the gun may seem "cleaner" but alt-right operatives are already turning this into a tool to get rid of anyone they don't want. Mike Cernovich is fucking laughing all the way to the bank here.

Reply #24