Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: We wouldn't have it any other way, for some value of we.

Topic: Babies in the Womb ARE Babies (Read 355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Babies in the Womb ARE Babies
Reply #25
Well one thing about your view is that it seems to provide a clear line of demarcation. And without some clear line of demarcation, it seems that we would be on a slippery slope  and we could end up in a very scary place.

Reply #26
Well one thing about your view is that it seems to provide a clear line of demarcation. And without some clear line of demarcation, it seems that we would be on a slippery slope  and we could end up in a very scary place.

Where, in the Hawkins Death Trap Hovel?

• Pingu
Reply #27

Yes.  And I think it makes more sense to separate the issue of when the developing human being acquires human rights from the issues as to when it is capable of suffering and how much. It seems to me we have a duty to prevent any fetus that may be capable of fear or pain from suffering, but that that should be a different question from when we accord it human rights.

I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #28
Dave could be aborted in the 168th trimester...
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Peez
Reply #29
That "scary place" is called reality, with its many shades of gray.

Peez