Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: all dead and empty except for a few baboons braying among the ruins

Topic: How humans became so smart (Read 449 times) previous topic - next topic

• socrates1
Re: How humans became so smart
Reply #75
Who/what is making the decisions?

It would seem that they have some rough idea of what is involved in making decisions but there is no mention of who is making the decisions.
Perhaps no one is making the decisions.
In that case perhaps we should try to modify things so that someone would arise within to start making the decisions. If that is even possible.
If that requires personal effort, then one is not likely to make that effort if one does not value it. Or if one thinks they already have it.
I will be leaving this shortly.

Reply #76
Who cares?

Reply #77
And I mean that as a serious question. Really, what is the point of announcing that you are planning to stop posting in a certain thread in the near future? Is that information supposed to benefit anyone in any way?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #78
And I mean that as a serious question. Really, what is the point of announcing that you are planning to stop posting in a certain thread in the near future? Is that information supposed to benefit anyone in any way?
And what is the point of making such an announcement multiple times in the same thread, days apart, with a bunch of posts in between ?
Will be leaving this shortly.
I will be leaving this shortly.

:dunno:   I guess it's just how this particular automaton was programmed.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• socrates1
Reply #79

It would seem that they have some rough idea of what is involved in making decisions but there is no mention of who is making the decisions.
In that case perhaps we should try to modify things so that someone would arise within to start making the decisions. If that is even possible.
If that requires personal effort, then one is not likely to make that effort if one does not value it. Or if one thinks they already have it.
It seems that folks here are split between those accepting that they are automatons and those who think they are not automatons.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #80
It seems that folks here are split between those accepting that they are automatons and those who think they are not automatons.
You would think that a sentient entity making such an observation would support it with illustrative quotes from the "folks here" that support said observation. Rather than just nestedly quoting itself.

Seems like another bug in the SocraBot's software. :(
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #81

You misunderstand.

Reply #82

You misunderstand.
If that is how it seems to you.

Reply #83
Who cares?
He seems to have convinced himself that people will be upset if he leaves without warning.

• socrates1
Reply #84

Time to move on.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #85
  • Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:34:07 PM by VoxRat

Reply #86
Who cares?
He seems to have convinced himself that people will be upset if he leaves without warning.
He seems to think if he announces he's leaving he isn't badgering when he finally does. But it's readily apparent he's badgering before he leaves.

Reply #87

Time to move on.

go ahead.

Reply #88

Time to move on.

go ahead.

what are you waiting for?

Reply #89

Time to move on.

go ahead.

what are you waiting for?

no one is stopping you.

Reply #90
Who cares?
He seems to think if he announces he's leaving he isn't badgering when he finally does. But it's readily apparent he's badgering before he leaves.
In a sense he enters pre-badgered. He takes no position, there is nothing to abandon.
He pictures himself as an angelic being gently guiding people to truth with astute questions.
Stating his deep truths outright will make us reject them.

• Faid
Reply #91

Time to move on.
:wave:
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.