Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: Death by Exile

Topic: Thread for self righteous men (Read 3132 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: Thread for self righteous men
Reply #675
Nope. I'm ok with an old guy in that Maasai culture marrying what they consider to be a young adult bride as long as she is happy, which apparently she was.
Even though - as you can tell from the multiple accounts linked in this thread to the accounts of actual Maasai women - that the bride's consent is never even a consideration.
Agreed.  But to me, happy is a significant consideration.  Here's one reason which you may not have considered why a 15 year old bride might be happy ...
Amongst the Maasai a woman is allowed to have a boyfriend outside marriage as long as she does not get pregnant. A seventy year old man who has married a twelve-year-old girl (yes, it happens) could allow her to have male 'friends,' but if she conceives she will reap the husband's wrath. http://www.patriciacrossley.com/MARRIAGE.htm
A boyfriend!  Woo hoo!

(Plus she's got her economics covered because the old geezer is rich)

(There definitely is more than one way to skin a cat ... as the saying goes)

Welp, as long as that 12-YEAR OLD lets that old geezer fuck her, she can have a boyfriend! And she's got her "economics" covered!

Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #676
You just don't know when to stop diggin', can you dave?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #677
Not correct.

MY view is that girls should not marry until their 20s.
Because...?
What is your reason for this view?
if the eyewitness report says that she seems "genuinely delighted" then it is reasonable to assume that she consented.
Dave, in your opinion, what's required for consent?
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #678
Because in our society they are not prepared enough until their 20s ... also childbirth complications that may be related to western diets.  Consent? Ask her.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #679
Because in our society they are not prepared enough until their 20s ...
In what way?

also childbirth complications that may be related to western diets.
Consent? Ask her.

You don't want to expand on that answer at all?
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• JonF
Reply #680
Because in our society they are not prepared enough until their 20s ... also childbirth complications that may be related to western diets.  Consent? Ask her.
But are known to be related to immaturity.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #681
Because in our society they are not prepared enough until their 20s ... also childbirth complications that may be related to western diets.
Where are infant mortality and perinatal maternal morbidity and mortality higher:
In "our society", or in Maasai counties in east Africa?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #682

Hahaha so as long as you don't eat a western diet, pregnancy and childbirth is safe for a child. Maybe. And that is good enough for Dave, so woohoo!

But considering getting bartered away for some cows between 12 and 16 in a society where women have almost no rights a bad thing for someone? Where is the evidence?

Good lord Dave you are such an incredible hypocrite.

Reply #683
The most disturbing part of this thread for me was the narrative that I have some sort of criminal mind in spite of the fact that my comment was in the same spirit as the female reporter's own comments.  At worst, I am "just a naive tourist" yet you guys paint me as some sort of criminal.  You can yell "persecution complex" all you want to, but I am truly fearful of people who lie and slander in order to paint people as criminals.  This is EXACTLY what Goebbels did to the Jews.  Same exact thing.  No I won't stop saying it.

Lol telling Dave not to cheer buying child brides is EXACTLY WHAT THE NAZIS DID.
Nope. Saying I'm ok with FGM is lying. Which is what the Nazis did about Jews.  I'm surprised. You are an even worse liar than Faid.

No, Dave.

What I said was that you are apparently OK with gruesome local customs (examples of which are child marriage and FGM) if they suit your flailing, but are really down on them when they do not. You are all about letting cultures decide for themselves what is moral and what is not when it comes to Masai child brides, but the right of the Wai Wai to decide if infanticide is ok does not seem to exist, and child labor used to make Christmas lights is so incredibly wrong that it somehow means we should not bring up that it is despicable to cheer the purchase of a child bride. You seem to be a complete cultural relativist when it suits your purposes, decrying the fact that we feel it is always wrong to buy a child to be your wife: that is some sort of cultural oppression even!

But when it comes to things you do not like, suddenly there is no such relativism at all. Child labor is apparently always bad even if the local culture says it is fine for prepubescent kids to work long shifts, and infanticide is also not subject to this moral relativism.

To which your hilarious response is: not so! Oh my look at all this lying! I am not even OK with FGM, just with selling child brides!

Ok Dave - glad we cleared that up. You are not ok with female genital mutilation, despite the fact the local culture feels it is a good thing to do. Apparently you feel that culture is perfectly capable of getting it spectacularly, brutally and cruelly wrong. There is no way that circumstances are just different among them which makes it ok to do this.

But you are OK with buying a child as a bride, because the culture feels it is a good thing to do, and surely they know what they are doing? Maybe circumstances are different among them which makes it ok!

You are a complete hypocrite, Dave, and you seem to be too stupid to realize how obvious this is.

Reply #684
I'm glad you've got everything figured out Viv.

Reply #685
Hey don't blame me when your own sad attempts at rationalization bite you in the ass.

Reply #686
Yeah I was gonna blame you ... all along I've been saying to myself ... "If all these rationalizations fail, it's Viv's fault."

Lol

• Faid
Reply #687
That is exactly what you always say to yourself. When your arguments fail, others immediately become dishonest lying liars who lie.

• Faid
Reply #688
Much like scientists become frauds with an "agenda" that fudge data, the minute you realize you cannot dispute their research.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #689
Much like that Access Hollywood "grab them by the pussy" tape becomes "Fake News" the minute Trump endorses a pedophile, and doesn't want blowback from his own past sexual assault and sexist transgressions.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #690
Dave defines his own TRUTH. Not to be confused with anything related to objective reality.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #691
That is exactly what you always say to yourself. When your arguments fail, others immediately become dishonest lying liars who lie.
Much like scientists become frauds with an "agenda" that fudge data, the minute you realize you cannot dispute their research.

Still waiting for Dave's explanation and evidence for what would have to be the worlds most massive conspiracy. A conspiracy that crosses not only country borders and linguistic barriers but across multiple disciplines of science from biology to archeology to geology and on without dropping a stitch or being exposed by what would have to be millions of people involved in hushing up The Truth. All of them carefully fudging and synchronizing their data to align with all the others on the age of the Earth, the history of humans and of life on the planet, etc., etc. and yet arriving at a coherent modeled explanation capable of prediction. Still waiting ....

"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #692
Viv ... you lied. You slandered. That behavior is dangerous to society.   If the rest of the members here had any balls, they would call you out too.  I can only guess as to WHY you lie and you slander.  The possibilities I'm thinking of aren't real pretty.

Meanwhile, there was absolutely nothing wrong with my "woo hoo" comment  in that context and you know it.
And yes I'm fully aware that Trump lies and spins too  and he shouldn't, especially as president of United States. But he does have a real point about the news media being dishonest and being agenda driven.
The most disturbing part of this thread for me was the narrative that I have some sort of criminal mind in spite of the fact that my comment was in the same spirit as the female reporter's own comments.  At worst, I am "just a naive tourist" yet you guys paint me as some sort of criminal.  You can yell "persecution complex" all you want to, but I am truly fearful of people who lie and slander in order to paint people as criminals.  This is EXACTLY what Goebbels did to the Jews.  Same exact thing.  No I won't stop saying it.

Lol telling Dave not to cheer buying child brides is EXACTLY WHAT THE NAZIS DID.
Nope. Saying I'm ok with FGM is lying. Which is what the Nazis did about Jews.  I'm surprised. You are an even worse liar than Faid.
Lol at this thread. Platinum-quality Hawkinstard to be sure.

One thing that should be pointed out, though, is in relation to Dave's Goebbels comment, Trump's lies and the relative seriousness of each.

So just for fun, let's evaluate the relative seriousness of the 'lies' and 'slander' mentioned above.

Trump mis-characterized 4 Israelis (actual reality) celebrating on 9-11 as 'thousands of Muslims' (the very definition of demagoguery). That is actual Goebbels-level, society-damaging slander. Or to put it another way, "This is EXACTLY what Goebbels did to the Jews.  Same exact thing.  No I won't stop saying it."

On the other hand, we have a couple of individuals on an insignificant corner of the internet who arguably embellished what some retard implied by cheering about a child bride's impending wedding to a septuagenarian . Not that the cheering is in any way defensible, mind you, but that's rather beside the point. Relative seriousness level: somewhat less significant. Hardly "behavior [that] is dangerous to society".
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:11:13 PM by fredbear
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins