Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: I've read things you people wouldn't believe. Spacial narratives foregrounding biopower. I learned about discursive foodways being written on the body. All those insights will be lost after comprehensives, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Topic: Thread for self righteous men (Read 6587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Thread for self righteous men
Reply #525
To obliterate all indigenous cultures and assimilate all the inhabitants into "The One Global Village" complete with "approved" morality which no doubt at some point will include feeding YECs to lions ( but our old men don't marry 15-year-olds because of our high morals ) ...  The government of this global village has to have a sophisticated  Ministry of Propaganda. ( oops I mean Ministry of Truth... Did I say Propaganda? Sorry! ).

They will no doubt find many qualified applicants for that bureaucracy here at the talk rational forum.

Reply #526
Dave's inability or unwillingness to correct his consistent misspelling of "Maasai" is weird.  To be fair, the correct spelling looked off to me when I saw it, so I looked it up.  Does DaveHasToBeRightism extend to spelling too?

• JonF
Reply #527
And what you ignore is that most studies are agenda driven,  benefiting the authors at the expense of most everyone else.
In your personal, completely unsupported opinion, that is.
if the Keys fraud doesn't constitute "support", then I don't know what does.
How so?

It's completely unrelated, except in your mind, to the subject at hand: The practices of the Maasai with regard to 70 year old fucks "marrying" teenage girls they have bought and paid for. Which is pretty far from the original issue of life expectancy of Maasai women, which neither the potential virility of a 74 yo nor his teen-aged (but sexually mutilated) bride* has any bearing upon. I can point to innumerable examples of in vitro fertilization that was pretty much irregardless of either party being healthy.

If you wish to claim "Keys" has any relevancy to this issue, please explain how and cite specific studies relating such.

Bluffy, you are not Duane Gish nor is this an appropriate venue for his "gallop" tactics.
Davie-doodles was trying to introduce a red herring with a claim that "most studies are agenda driven". That's why he claimed that one "fraudulent"[1] study means that most studies are agenda-driven.

It has nothing to do with the Maasai other than a hand-waving dismissal of all evidence other than the opinion of a white South African woman who visited a village.
Opinions differ.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #528
Dave, no one but you is talking about "obliterating all indigenous cultures".  Considering that calls for the abolition of FGM and of child sexual slavery are also coming from WITHIN the cultures that are afflicted by those practices, it's pretty damn racist of you to insinuate that those harmful practices are somehow a defining part of those cultures.
complete with "approved" morality which no doubt at some point will include feeding YECs to lions
It's amazing how little it takes to trigger your poor oversensitive persecution complex.  Get over yourself.

Reply #529
Wow

Hark! The sound of middle-aged male misogynist bafflement! Is it time yet to complain about political correctness gone mad?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #530
To obliterate all indigenous cultures and assimilate all the inhabitants into "The One Global Village" complete with "approved" morality which no doubt at some point will include feeding YECs to lions ( but our old men don't marry 15-year-olds because of our high morals ) ...  The government of this global village has to have a sophisticated  Ministry of Propaganda. ( oops I mean Ministry of Truth... Did I say Propaganda? Sorry! ).

They will no doubt find many qualified applicants for that bureaucracy here at the talk rational forum.

You are so full of shit, Dave.

All that exaggerated garbage rhetoric is a pathetic screen for the reality - you embarrassed yourself by gravely misjudging your audience, who you expected to go right along with your 'woo-hooing' of child marriage. You have this sick conviction born of the twisted mess of inconsistencies and misinterpretations foisted on your brain by fundamentalism that 'outsiders' (atheists, agnostics, Catholics, Muslims, etc.) have no morals, and therefore all the men in the thread would go right along with your 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink' moment.

You were wrong, but instead of thinking, wow, I was wrong, and admitting that you should not have expressed such a crass response, you decided to double down for 22 pages of ignorant flailing.

Learn from this.

Reply #531
In any case, this diversion came about for two reasons ...

1)  my refutation of Borealis' idea that the Masai (Maasai) people live short lives - die at like 45 or so ... we certainly have no indication of that from the account of the English teacher ... "sprightly 74 year old man" taking a bride ... and

2) there is apparently a global witch hunt going on right now regarding "inappropriate sexual behavior" (never mind all the other problems in the world ... THIS is Problem #1!!) ... so everyone here ... like good Global Village Lemmings is going ape shit over my comment (but curiously they don't care about Bree's comment)

Reply #532

...And in another weaselly, slimy and cowardly attempt to side-step the fact he cheered pedophilia, now all of a sudden he was just super-concerned with preserving traditional cultures! Apparently, when we tell him cheering the purchase of a child-bride is wrong, we are threatening an entire culture - and he is sure religious persecution will follow.

And of course we all know European and American culture just completely disappeared when we started to allow women more choice in the roles they want to fulfill in society.

What is it about these christian fundies and this persecution complex?

Reply #533
"Dave, no one but you is talking about "obliterating all indigenous cultures".

yes I know. And that's a problem. It's happening, but very few people are talking about it.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #534
"Dave, no one but you is talking about "obliterating all indigenous cultures".

yes I know. And that's a problem. It's happening, but very few people are talking about it.
And what was your point in bringing it up (repeatedly) IN THIS THREAD?

It appeared that you were accusing everyone else here of ADVOCATING such "obliteration".

Reply #535
(but curiously they don't care about Bree's comment)
Why do you keep repeating this lie?

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #536
your mommy's apron strings argument is irrelevant. i'm not making that argument.  my argument is simply this... On the face of it, the 15-year-old bride seems happy with the marriage.    if you can figure out how to show that she is not, then by all means go for it.
When I adopted a rescue dog, it was pretty clear he was thrilled not to be a bait dog for pitbull training. 
He would still cower when I would walk toward him, and sometimes he would pee himself, but he was clearly happier.
Happy is a relative term.  Another neat term is Manufacturing Consent here done by the patriarchal tribe rather than the media.
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

Reply #537
"there is apparently a global witch hunt going on right now regarding "inappropriate sexual behavior"

I love nothing better than the baffled anger of privileged old farts complaining about the fact that stuff that was fucked up but which they still considered normal is now not accepted anymore. When asked to give up a tiny bit of privilege, they immediately imagine themselves being thrown to the lions.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #538
Dave suddenly worried about 'preserving indigenous culture' when he's been a staunch proud supporter of his father's Christian missionary goals among the Waiwai all his life.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #539

1)  my refutation of Borealis' idea that the Masai (Maasai) people live short lives - die at like 45 or so ... we certainly have no indication of that from the account of the English teacher ... "sprightly 74 year old man" taking a bride ... and

<snip>

You are such a prevaricator - I cited the Maasai girls educational organisation, which organisation states from the firm foundation of statistics and direct knowledge (there are Maasai women working within the organisation) that the life expectancy of Maasai women is 45 years.

And you have not in any way 'refuted' that number. You just didn't like it.

You keep citing Bree O'Mara's fluff piece as if it were God's Own Word. How many times do we have to repeat that Ms. O'Mara was young, uneducated irt anything we've talked about, did not speak the language, and was South African, NOT English - and that means something, although you are so astonishingly uninformed about the world it would not surprise me if you don't know what it may mean - and that Ms. O'Mara was just as wrong as you are if she saw nothing wrong with the practice of child brides.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #540
Yeah if it could be shown that the Masai village in question has child birth problems with late teen wives, then yeah, the dude is wrong if he wants her to father children before age 20 or so.
:facepalm:
But meanwhile - until shown conclusive proof that this particular village has perinatal mortality three orders of magnitude lower than the other Maasai counties in Kenya and Tanzania - we should just assume that it does, and ... woo-hoo!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #541

:facepalm:     You STILL don't get that ONE GUY living to 74 tells you NOTHING about the life expectancy of his society.
Your suckage at science is beyond any hope of salvaging. Ever.
2) there is apparently a global witch hunt going on right now regarding "inappropriate sexual behavior" (never mind all the other problems in the world ... THIS is Problem #1!!) ... so everyone here ... like good Global Village Lemmings is going ape shit over my comment (but curiously they don't care about Bree's comment)
Funny that.
Can you think of any reason why the country is "going ape shit" over the sexual misconduct of Matt Lauer, John Conyers, Harvey Weinstein,  Roy Moore (and, yes, Donald Trump) and not so much Jimmy Savile?
Any reason at all?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #542

Excuse me, which government  was proposing  any of that?

great job of avoiding reality by coming
Are we there yet?

Reply #543
Dave suddenly worried about 'preserving indigenous culture' when he's been a staunch proud supporter of his father's Christian missionary goals among the Waiwai all his life.
Ah ... but wait!

I love the fact  that my father rescued them from extinction and stopped harmful practices like killing their babies and each other.

but I have never loved the part about changing their culture.  I have always been in favor of them preserving their culture such as their skill and in hunting with bows and arrows their pottery making their basket weaving on and on. They are a very skilled people.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #544
I love the fact  that my father rescued them from extinction and stopped harmful practices like killing their babies and each other.
They would probably have been exterminated by smallpox if vaccination had not been introduced.

Reply #545
Oh?  and you know this how?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #546
Ah ... but wait!

but I have never loved the part about changing their culture.  I have always been in favor of them preserving their culture such as their skill and in hunting with bows and arrows their pottery making their basket weaving on and on. They are a very skilled people.

Most indigenous people are skilled, because they have to be. But skills such as you describe are cultural artifacts, and if you have drastically changed the spiritual belief set of an entire people, then a great part of that culture is already departed and can never return.

And if your father stopped the practice of infanticide, then the people now trying to stop the practice of selling young Maasai girls into marriages are changing Maasai culture in the same way your father did - in an effort to protect vulnerable people within the culture. This can't be done without changing the culture to some degree..

The best outcome is that the culture itself evolves and makes changes from within, which is how cultures ordinarily do progress. Sometimes those changes come as a result of contact with other cultures. Sometimes they are imposed from without by a more powerful culture.

Reply #547

:facepalm:    You STILL don't get that ONE GUY living to 74 tells you NOTHING about the life expectancy of his society.
Your suckage at science is beyond any hope of salvaging. Ever.
Funny that.
Can you think of any reason why the country is "going ape shit" over the sexual misconduct of Matt Lauer, John Conyers, Harvey Weinstein,  Roy Moore (and, yes, Donald Trump) and not so much Jimmy Savile?
Any reason at all?
I'd note that over in the UK we did go apeshit over Jimmy Saville. It's why Max Clifford and Gary Glitter, are currently in prison., and Rolf Harris was until earlier this year, and why there were a whole bunch of investigations of several now deceased politicians.
Why do I bother?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #548
Call it an educated guess.
Was smallpox vaccination practiced during your father's time there?

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #549
I also know that feminism has been a good movement in certain ways because it has reduced oppression of women. But it has been bad in other ways and the pendulum could swing too far and really cause a lot of problems.
Please follow up on this!  I want to hear about the problems brought on by too much feminism.
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.