Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Talk as the ratio of two integers.

Topic: I for one....well, you know the rest.  (Read 50 times) previous topic - next topic

I for one....well, you know the rest.
Super strong robot muscles.

https://wyss.harvard.edu/artificial-muscles-give-soft-robots-superpowers/

researchers at the Wyss Institute at Harvard University and MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) have created origami-inspired artificial muscles that add strength to soft robots, allowing them to lift objects that are up to 1,000 times their own weight using only air or water pressure, giving much-needed strength to soft robots. The study is published this week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).
. . . . .
"In addition to their muscle-like properties, these soft actuators are highly scalable. We have built them at sizes ranging from a few millimeters up to a meter, and their performance holds up across the board," Wood says. This feature means that the muscles can be used in numerous applications at multiple scales, such as miniature surgical devices, wearable robotic exoskeletons, transformable architecture, deep-sea manipulators for research or construction, and large deployable structures for space exploration.
A real Iron Man suit!?!  Sign me up!

• F X
  • The one and only
Re: I for one....well, you know the rest.
Reply #1
Hell yeah
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭