Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: you might not get back what you put in

Topic: What constitutes "evidence"? (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What constitutes "evidence"?
Reply #25
I think you can evaluate the health of your neighbors goats simply by interviewing them.
Hello, Mr. Goat, do you feel healthy today?
Bleeeet.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #26
::) 
It.
Doesn't.
Matter.

This thread is supposed to be about the nature of evidence.

Do you think the evident (TLAR!) Perfect Health of "my" goats constitutes evidence relevant to the identity of the person feeding them, or the efficacy of de-worming meds?

Or what?

I think you can evaluate the health of your neighbors goats simply by interviewing them.  you could ask them things like "do they ever have runny poop?" Or "do they ever get worms?" Or "do you ever have to give them worm medicine?". to me, their testimony would count as "evidence"

Agreed?
In exactly the same way that scientists' reports on radioisotopic chronometry count as "evidence".
Only scientific reports generally have to meet much higher standards of rigor.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #27
As "evidence", sure. But why not measure actual physical characteristics of the goats themselves rather than rely on subjective impressions? Measurements of physical characteristics that can be recorded and compared to the same measurements of the same characteristics of the same (or similar) subjects by others. Height at the shoulder, weight, body volume, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, broad blood analysis, quantity & quality of excretions, amounts & types of food, age, pelt, skin & muscle tone, etc
Are we there yet?

• Faid
Reply #28
Dave.

Stop.

It's not working.

Just tell us what you learned your neighbor's goats got sick of, and be done with it.

Stop trying to get a "gotcha" on us. It's embarrassing.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #29
Hello Your Bluffoonity, do you think your goats are healthy?

Yes they are, they are yugely healthy, the most healthiest goats ever! Healthy, HEALTHY, HEALTHY!!!

How do you know this?

I know it because TRUTH is important to me and I use the time tested method of TLAR (tm*). I also believe my neighbor's goats are not as healthy nor is anyone else's.

*to me
Are we there yet?

• Y.B
Reply #30

• Pingu
Reply #31
:badger:
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #32
I'm not going to read dave's stupidity, but I find it endlessly amusing that after all these years, dave is still asking such basic questions. :D

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #33
I'm not going to read dave's stupidity, but I find it endlessly amusing that after all these years, dave is still asking such basic questions. :D

It's because he's not getting the answers he wants.
Are we there yet?

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #34
OK well good luck with that.
Who are you addressing here, Dave?
Are you scared of an honest C14 discussion?
Why?
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #35
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think you can evaluate the health of your neighbors goats simply by interviewing them.  you could ask them things like "do they ever have runny poop?" Or "do they ever get worms?" Or "do you ever have to give them worm medicine?". to me, their testimony would count as "evidence"

Agreed?
Isn't this the same methodology you used in giving your goats a clean bill of health, even though they were bloated? :smug:
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #36
OK well good luck with that.
Who are you addressing here, Dave?
Are you scared of an honest C14 discussion?
Why?
Yes he is.
Because he knows exactly where such a discussion will lead and he is definitely not going to go there.
Are we there yet?