Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: This is a board for the highly intelligent. You shouldn't be here.

Topic: Omelas: Day 1 (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Omelas: Day 1
With a clamor of bells that set the swallows soaring, the Festival of Summer came to the
city Omelas, bright-towered by the sea. The rigging of the boats in harbor sparkled with flags. In
the streets between houses with red roofs and painted walls, between old moss-grown gardens
and under avenues of trees, past great parks and public buildings, processions moved. Some were
decorous: old people in long stiff robes of mauve and grey, grave master workmen, quiet, merry
women carrying their babies and chatting as they walked. In other streets the music beat faster, a
shimmering of gong and tambourine, and the people went dancing, the procession was a dance.
Children dodged in and out, their high calls rising like the swallows' crossing flights, over the
music and the singing. All the processions wound towards the north side of the city, where on the
great water-meadow called the Green' Fields boys and girls, naked in the bright air, with mudstained
feet and ankles and long, lithe arms, exercised their restive horses before the race. The
horses wore no gear at all but a halter without bit. Their manes were braided with streamers of
silver, gold, and green. They flared their nostrils and pranced and boasted to one another; they
were vastly excited, the horse being the only animal who has adopted our ceremonies as his own.
Far off to the north and west the mountains stood up half encircling Omelas on her bay. The air
of morning was so clear that the snow still crowning the Eighteen Peaks burned with white-gold
fire across the miles of sunlit air, under the dark blue of the sky. There was just enough wind to
make the banners that marked the racecourse snap and flutter now and then. In the silence of the
broad green meadows one could hear the music winding through the city streets, farther and
nearer and ever approaching, a cheerful faint sweetness of the air that from time to time trembled
and gathered together and broke out into the great joyous clanging of the bells.

Joyous!

Players
1. ksen
2. borealis
3. teeming brown mass
4. Y.B
5. Nostrum
6. TestyCalibrate
7. divagreen
8. timewave
9. Magicziggy
10. gib
11. rachmarie
12. laughingdog
13. nesb
14. MikeS

Day 1 Begins!

Nightfall is at Midnight US Eastern TIme (8 AM GMT) Tuesday, December 5

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Re: Omelas: Day 1
Reply #1
In :)
this old world keeps spinning round.

Reply #2
##VOTE timewave## and so should everyone else.

Off to bed. Seeyalll in the morning.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #3
Hi Teeth
Thanks Teeth
Bye Teeth :)

Reply #4
 :pisstape:

Hi all.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #5
I read all of that

/plz kill me

Reply #6
 :there:  Diva

oh and while we are at it

##VOTE  Diva ##

Reply #7
Would you believe they had NO Guinness in Walmart tonight in Hamburg, NY uggh So I am trying a local porter made by Great Lakes Brewery, its not bad, but it is not Guinness either.

Have I mentioned I love NY ? <3

• Y.B
Reply #8
I've never been to the U.S. I wish I could visit NY some time. And a few other places.

Oh yeah, hi everyone.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #9
I read all of that

/plz kill me

tl;dr pls

Reply #10
@YB

do you have another name you go by on other sites or this one? Or are you a genuine newbie to the site?  And how much Mafia experience have you had?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #11
##VOTE rach##

• Y.B
Reply #12
@rachmarie

I've gone by Y.B since I found IIDB in 2004. I joined TR in 2008. I'm also on Mindromp, but I don't read it much and I only have a few posts there. This is, however, my first Mafia game ever.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #13
Hi Y.B most players here have played many games however they remain as shit at it as their very first game.  You'll fit right in.

• Y.B
Reply #14
That's comforting to know.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #15
Hi YB, it can be daunting to play your first game.
I wonder if we have anyone who could mentor you?

• Y.B
Reply #16
Are the votes so far sort of joke votes?

Reply #17
I'm here and ready.

Reply #18
Nostrum do that thing you do when you're town.

Reply #19
I'm gathering from skimming the op that I'm town for the purpose of this game.

Reply #20
Would you believe they had NO Guinness in Walmart tonight in Hamburg, NY uggh So I am trying a local porter made by Great Lakes Brewery, its not bad, but it is not Guinness either.

Have I mentioned I love NY ? <3

This post seems to have the feel of a coded message . Tell us more.

Reply #21
##VOTE rach##

Have you read your role pm yet?

Reply #22
Or perhaps read all the stuff Raven has left on the scumboard about town and start nodding wisely.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #23
Are the votes so far sort of joke votes?

Rach's vote is a joke.
Teeming hot mass' may be a joke or he may have decided to tunnel track me this game.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #24
The obvious question is, what is tunnel tracking?

When a play constant votes and otherwise hassles one play to almost the exclusion of every other player.

Why do players do this?
Some they are lazy and it is easy to do.
Some they are scum and they do it to look busy and scum hunting when they are not.
Occasionally it will be because they genuinely think the player they are harassing is scum and is somehow getting a free pass from other players.

And some players just let their bullying nasty natures get the better of them.