Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Pendaric doesn't work here

Topic: Omelas: Day 1 (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Omelas: Day 1
Reply #275
Yeah, Rach is still scummy. Nostrum,  what do you think of ksen?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #276
I can never read him.  Last game I only realised he was scummy by PoE

He's not done anything this game, yet, has he?

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #277
a TW lynch let's do this ##VOTE TW##

Dear Buddy.
Explain OMGUS to me?

Buddy?  :unsure:  Pal?

I was having an in-joke with you

but re what it actually means, I'm not sure if you fingered me or I fingered you first

what

Does it really matter who's fingering who as long as we are both enjoying it?  :hug:
this old world keeps spinning round.

Reply #278
meh

I am just plain town just an ordinary horseman or maybe that should be horsewoman?

##VOTE  ksen ##

Reply #279
I was really hoping for more interactions from the several players I mentioned, hopefully tomorrow they participate more.  Keep on them, town needs a lot more data to pull this off.

GL town

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #280
Mayor Votes

Nostrum - 3 (borealis, Magicziggy, ksen)
borealis - 1 (MikeS, Testy Calibrate)
ksen - 1 (laughing dog)

Vote Count

rachmarie - 4 (gib, Y.B, Magicziggy, Nostrum)
ksen - 4 (MikeS, Timewave, Testy Calibrate, rachmarie)
teeming brown mass - 3 (borealis, ksen,  laughing dog)
Magicziggy - 1 (teeming brown mass)
MikeS - 1 (divagreen)
Nostrum - 1 (Testy Calibrate)
Timewave - 1 (Nostrum)

Nightfall is 23 minutes from the time of this post.

Reply #281
nostrum is mayor. Anyone who prefers ksen over rach should vote for him or the lynch is rach.

Reply #282
nope

Reply #283
k

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #284
Well, at least if rach is telling the truth about being town vanilla we haven't lynched a town special. :(

Vale Rach, I spoke up for you :)
this old world keeps spinning round.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #285
Nightfall!

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #286
Mayor Votes

Nostrum - 3 (borealis, Magicziggy, ksen -- MAYOR)
borealis - 1 (MikeS, Testy Calibrate)
ksen - 1 (laughing dog)

Vote Count

rachmarie - 4.5 (gib, Y.B, Magicziggy, Nostrum)
ksen - 4 (MikeS, Timewave, Testy Calibrate, rachmarie)
teeming brown mass - 3 (borealis, ksen,  laughing dog)
Magicziggy - 1 (teeming brown mass)
MikeS - 1 (divagreen)
Nostrum - 1 (Testy Calibrate)
Timewave - 1 (Nostrum)

If you disagree with this count, please let me know in the Peanut Gallery within the next 5 or so minutes.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #287
They were not simple folk, you see, though they were happy. But we do not say the
words of cheer much any more. All smiles have become archaic. Given a description such as this
one tends to make certain assumptions. Given a description such as this one tends to look next
for the King, mounted on a splendid stallion and surrounded by his noble knights, or perhaps in a
golden litter borne by great-muscled slaves. But there was no king. They did not use swords, or
keep slaves. They were not barbarians. I do not know the rules and laws of their society, but I
suspect that they were singularly few. As they did without monarchy and slavery, so they also
got on without the stock exchange, the advertisement, the secret police, and the bomb. Yet I
repeat that these were not simple folk, not dulcet shepherds, noble savages, bland utopians. They
were not less complex than us. The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants
and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual,
only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and
the terrible boredom of pain. If you can't lick 'em, join 'em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise
despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have
almost lost hold; we can no longer describe a happy man, nor make any celebration of joy. How
can I tell you about the people of Omelas? They were not naive and happy children - though
their children were, in fact, happy. They were mature, intelligent, passionate adults whose lives
were not wretched. O miracle! but I wish I could describe it better. I wish I could convince you.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #288
rachmarie raced joyously across the Green, her horse's mane and tail whipping in the wind, while overhead colorful pennants snapped in the same strong breeze.  She was in the lead,

The horse faltered, spooked by the row of Omelans who walked solemnly toward the horses and their riders.  The sudden stop caught rachmarie by surprise, but she was able to hang on, hands dug into her horse's mane.

"What is this?" she asked cautiously.

"We are saddened by your choice, but you must do what you must do."

Choice? rachmarie wondered.  And then it struck her.  Of course, she couldn't stay.  She slipped off her horse, and planted a gentle kiss on his steaming muzzle.

Without another word, she turned on her heel and walked.

The mountains were so very far away.

rachmarie was a

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night 1 Begins!  Night actions are due at 11:00 AM US Eastern Time,, 10 hours 40 minutes from the time of this post.