Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I think as part of the "reboot" this place's name should be changed to "Talk and Talk and Talk and Talk More or Less Rationally".

Topic: Omelas: Day 3 (Read 356 times) previous topic - next topic

• Y.B
Re: Omelas: Day 3
Reply #25
Obviously my scumdar needs honing.

Reply #26
##VOTE nostrum##

And I will be away from the internet until this afternoon (at the earliest).

Reply #27
##VOTE diva##

• ksen
Reply #28
Anyone else think LD is being way more involved than he was the last two game?

Because I do.

##VOTE LD##

Reply #29
yeah I was getting weird vibes from him but at the same time, I tend to focus on LD because he's a terrible mafia player

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #30
Vote Count

divagreen - 2.5 (Nostrum, teeming brown mass)
Nostrum - 2  (Testy Calibrate, laughing dog)
laughing dog - 1 (ksen)

Nightfall is 12 hours 35 minutes from the time of this post.

Reply #31
Anyone else think LD is being way more involved than he was the last two game?

Because I do.

##VOTE LD##
Yes. He's not being pro town.

Here's a deal though. Don't lynch diva today. She could be doing a crazy scum gambit, but it's not a crazy town claim. If neither she nor bro contribute to finding scum today, then maybe, but I think Mike and nostrum are failing at town a lot harder. Ksen is starting to look town while LD is looking scummy. But nostrum and Mike have consistently done so.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #32
Fucking phone. I suppose that is at least intelligible.

Reply #33
LD being scum makes some sense in terms of why mikes is looking scummy too. LD 's scum advice would be to not say anything when in doubt which is what Mike did. Putting some lists together may feel like your helping town to a scum but...

Ok, so, new scum list:
Nostrum, Mike, LD
Alternates: everyone who voted tw.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #34
Here are the vote counts for both days
Day 1
Vote Count

rachmarie - 4.5 (gib, Y.B, Magicziggy, Nostrum)
ksen - 4 (MikeS, Timewave, Testy Calibrate, rachmarie)
teeming brown mass - 3 (borealis, ksen,  laughing dog)
Magicziggy - 1 (teeming brown mass)
MikeS - 1 (divagreen)
Nostrum - 1 (Testy Calibrate)
Timewave - 1 (Nostrum)

Day 2
Vote Count

Timewave - 4.5 (Nostrum, Teeming Brown Mass, ksen, Y.B)
Testy Calibrate - 4 (laughing dog, nesb, borealis, gib)
MikeS - 2 (Testy Calibrate, Timewave)

If TW was town, in both lynchs, nostrum's vote was the winning vote to kill a townie.   Which suggests that nostrum is scum, and that his vote saved a scum on both days.  Notice that Y.B. also is 2 for 2 in effective town lynchings if TW was town.

If TW was scum, then nesb's comment in this thread about not understanding the bw on a TW suggests to me nesb is scum.

I know you know how this game works but is your scumhunting simply that people who vote people (who end up flipping town) are scum? Cos, lol

Also, read the vote count record properly tia

Reply #35
I missed ld's faux confusion post. Tw was town and LD mini-bussed nostrum.
I am willing to be any of the three of them.
Which one do you think it should be nostrum?

Reply #36
Anyone else think the diva/bor neighborizer shtick is scum gambit?

Scum gambit by diva?  Yes.  She also didn't vote yesterday, same as last scum game.

##VOTE diva##

I din't vote cos gib got bossy. I said so in the thread and I said it on the hood board too.

I am freaking clear by flavour AND by role. I neighbourizer did not walk away from omelas.

let me repeat, a neighbourizer does not walk away from omelas. and I am raching my brain as to how you do not realize this.

you are giving me the heebie jeebies nos. I have zero desire to get into a cat fight with you but push comes to shove, I know I am town and I am starting to lose my trust in you.

I am catching up now.

Reply #37
##VOTE diva##

^ this is why scum will never nk me ever. you can ALWAYS count on teeth to misread me and vote me and cost town the game. ALWAYS.

Reply #38
okay.

bor did not come to the thread last night. I asked raven if the thread was still open and she said yes. its in the thread.

I flavour claimed to bor long before I ever claimed in thread. do you know what she has told me? nada. ziltch. zero. all she has done is to tell me her town reads and not really discussed her scumreads. she isn't really pushing them in the game either.

I will be so freaking embarrassed if neighbourized scum on n1 cos a hood is a useful tool to have and it wld be bad if I deprived town of it. I might as well have been vt.

also it is pretty clear that it has been town who have buying dying, they just have different flavour claims. I mean jesus guys, a red flip is scum, not blue flips I can't believe I am having to explain this.

Reply #39
##VOTE borealis##

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #40
##VOTE  testy##

Reply #41
okay.

bor did not come to the thread last night. I asked raven if the thread was still open and she said yes. its in the thread.

I flavour claimed to bor long before I ever claimed in thread. do you know what she has told me? nada. ziltch. zero. all she has done is to tell me her town reads and not really discussed her scumreads. she isn't really pushing them in the game either.

I will be so freaking embarrassed if neighbourized scum on n1 cos a hood is a useful tool to have and it wld be bad if I deprived town of it. I might as well have been vt.

also it is pretty clear that it has been town who have buying dying, they just have different flavour claims. I mean jesus guys, a red flip is scum, not blue flips I can't believe I am having to explain this.

Scumdiva meltdown spotted

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #42

Reply #43
okay.

I would agree except what she wrote makes sense.

Reply #44
okay.

No it doesn't. If Diva is a neighborizer, who did she neighborize last night? They could give an account of whether diva is or isn't telling the truth. As it is, all we know is that Diva claims she neighborized borealis and that diva claims that borealis didn't say anything. None of diva's flail here has external validation when there's an obvious avenue for exactly that.

Simplest explanation is that Diva is lying.

Reply #45
Neighborizers can neighborize different people every night?

Reply #46
okay.

No it doesn't. If Diva is a neighborizer, who did she neighborize last night? They could give an account of whether diva is or isn't telling the truth. As it is, all we know is that Diva claims she neighborized borealis and that diva claims that borealis didn't say anything. None of diva's flail here has external validation when there's an obvious avenue for exactly that.

okay.

teeth is town

the neighbourizer is a 1 shot, if it was anything else the game wld be unplayable for scum in a game this size. the town that have flipped are standard but if you if threw in a unlimited neighourizer town wld be overpowered.

if I was lying about borealis she wld be voting me rn. she isn't so my claim is proven.

if you think bor and I are BOTH lying you are out of your mind. cos what you are saying is that bor and I decided to fake a neighbhood claim with bor and that she is a post restriction. in what world do you think that bor and I wld go through that much trouble to hatch a plan like that on d1 w/o knowing what power roles were in the game.

I really don't understand how occam's razor can be so foreign to a paleontologist. cos the simplest explanation is that bor has a power restriction  and I created a hood, the role is 1 shot and that we are telling the truth.

bor has not been back to the hood. I am voting her until she does. cos there is something hinky going with her not getting in there.

I will likely move my vote by the end day even if she doesn't get back there. I have srs doubts that raven wld give scum a pr or that bor wld fake a pr. otherwise I think she wld continue the pr in the our pt.

Reply #47
Neighborizers can neighborize different people every night?

not when it is 1 shot

also not sure why that posted twice what I quoted

Reply #48
Yeah the whole point of a town neighborizer is you build up a private open chat for confirmed townies so that specials can coordinate their night actions instead of tripping over each other, and can share privileged information e.g. compare results of night actions without allowing scum to hunt those specials. Announcing she's a neighborizer up front makes little sense, because neighborizers become more powerful as the game goes on (by allowing more and more town to communicate openly without scum hearing). Similarly, announcing that she's neighborizing Borealis also makes little sense; borealis was communicating just fine with images ahead of this announcement, and there was no reason to believe borealis was necessarily town or had anything to contribute. This was an odd set of decisions for a town neighborizer. Then Diva seems to have forgotten that she was a neighborizer in terms of actual night actions, and is now concerned with using that to self-clear.

I would not be shocked if both borealis and diva are scum, and this does not look like town activity. The only other possibility I can think of is if Diva/borealis are a serial killer/mentor pairing.

Reply #49
Diva, I agree that teeth is town.