Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR: A harassment hub that is about to be kicked off the Internet for violating laws in Michigan, Arizona, and New York

Topic: Omelas: Day 3 (Read 407 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Re: Omelas: Day 3
Reply #50
I find it hard to believe that scum borealis would stay away from the hood just because she's scum. I think she'd use it to push a scummy agenda so if we end up voting between diva and borealis I'd vote to lynch diva.

But I'm happy with my vote on LD right now.

Reply #51
Neighborizers can neighborize different people every night?

not when it is 1 shot

also not sure why that posted twice what I quoted

first we've heard that you're a 1-shot neighborizer. convenient, isn't it.

Reply #52
##VOTE divagreen final##

Reply #53
hmm. teeth, I'm just not seeing it. I mean, it would be an awesome gambit but a seer would really have fucked up a plan like that unless diva was don. If bor was scum, that would maybe point to an effort to clear a don by bussing bor but I dunno. THat's a bold plan with lots of ways it could fall apart. Anyway, afaiac, you are now cleared town. I don't want to let Nostrum/Mike go though since they are the ones that pinged the hardest and still are IMO. On rereading last night, LD is not playing pro town at all so I am willing to BW him but I'd prefer nos or mike today. Borealis, if you had to choose between a Nostrum the bunny, a Mike the cow or a laughing dog the manatee, which picture would you choose? Or do you think they all should be a picture of a town?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #54
Yeah the whole point of a town neighborizer is you build up a private open chat for confirmed townies so that specials can coordinate their night actions instead of tripping over each other, and can share privileged information e.g. compare results of night actions without allowing scum to hunt those specials. Announcing she's a neighborizer up front makes little sense, because neighborizers become more powerful as the game goes on (by allowing more and more town to communicate openly without scum hearing). Similarly, announcing that she's neighborizing Borealis also makes little sense; borealis was communicating just fine with images ahead of this announcement, and there was no reason to believe borealis was necessarily town or had anything to contribute. This was an odd set of decisions for a town neighborizer. Then Diva seems to have forgotten that she was a neighborizer in terms of actual night actions, and is now concerned with using that to self-clear.

I would not be shocked if both borealis and diva are scum, and this does not look like town activity. The only other possibility I can think of is if Diva/borealis are a serial killer/mentor pairing.

I never claimed I forgot ANYTHING. it is a 1 shot. <----- what part of this are you not understanding. unless you really do not know what balanced set ups look like. which is a distinct possibility.

it absolutely makes sense to claim it up front to clear and have bor and I work together. and I am sick to death of getting flak for outing when I do when so far it has yielded positive results. insert: THANK YOU DIVA AND I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT TRUSTING YOUR JUDGMENT.

I want that tattooed on your forehead after the game and I am proven that I am right and telling the truth.

Reply #55
how the hell has you outing helped town so far, divu

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #56
yep I'm voting diva over bor because even though bor posts cat gifs and moody town landscapes, diva's claim that neighbouriser = town is just BS

note: will vote for testy but am not driving the BW as I worry about OMGUS

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #57
LD seems confused town

Reply #58
LD seems confused town
He's pretty good as town in all the games I've played with him on the old tr. This is not confused town, it's skating scum.

Reply #59
how the hell has you outing helped town so far, divu

when we win ;)

it helps to take the heat off of more powerful specials

• nesb
Reply #60
I mentioned the possibility of you being 1-shot on d1, Diva, and unvoted you under the assumption you weren't. It's pretty self-serving that you're just mentioning it now. Also, why would Bor reveal her role to you, when you could easily be scum? Were you really openly role-hunting in the neighbor board?

Reply #61
I mentioned the possibility of you being 1-shot on d1, Diva, and unvoted you under the assumption you weren't. It's pretty self-serving that you're just mentioning it now. Also, why would Bor reveal her role to you, when you could easily be scum? Were you really openly role-hunting in the neighbor board?
Bor hasn't mentioned diva at all. This situation is pretty weird. Still, at this point it seems like wifom for everyone. I assume we have some sort of seer and that s/he hasn't viewed scum yet. I cannot vote diva or borealis today but I think I'm more willing to vote borealis than diva between the two.

Teeth, what's your read on nostrum?

• Y.B
Reply #62
MikeS still hasn't posted itt btw.

• nesb
Reply #63
I usually err on the side of assuming scum don't make bold plays and grand schemes, though they could, but we're 0 for 3. So idk. I'm worried we might be too focused on the shiniest thing in the room, and missing scum in the nooks.

Reply #64
Neighborizers can neighborize different people every night?

not when it is 1 shot

also not sure why that posted twice what I quoted

first we've heard that you're a 1-shot neighborizer. convenient, isn't it.

nope

learn to read

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #65
Vote Count

divagreen - 2.5 (Nostrum, teeming brown mass)
Nostrum - 2  (Testy Calibrate, laughing dog)
laughing dog - 1 (ksen)
borealis - 1 (divagreen)
Testy Calibrate - 1 (borealis)

Nightfall is 6 hours 10 minutes from the time of this post.

Reply #66
yep I'm voting diva over bor because even though bor posts cat gifs and moody town landscapes, diva's claim that neighbouriser = town is just BS

note: will vote for testy but am not driving the BW as I worry about OMGUS

why are you doing this

• nesb
Reply #67
Idk about Mike. People say Raven gives sample town pms, so the main thing that I think he has going for him might indicate nothing.

Reply #68
I usually err on the side of assuming scum don't make bold plays and grand schemes, though they could, but we're 0 for 3. So idk. I'm worried we might be too focused on the shiniest thing in the room, and missing scum in the nooks.
That's what I meant by the diva thing being used as wifom by everyone.

Reply #69
Idk about Mike. People say Raven gives sample town pms, so the main thing that I think he has going for him might indicate nothing.
What post did he make a sensible statement regarding town?

• Y.B
Reply #70
LD seems confused town
He's pretty good as town in all the games I've played with him on the old tr. This is not confused town, it's skating scum.

What does skating mean in Mafia?

Reply #71
Looking at today's voting, I am willing to switch to LD or mike to keep diva from being lynched. I just don't see her as scum. It's just too brazen a move.

Reply #72
LD seems confused town

What does skating mean in Mafia?
Making noncommittal statements that look like participation but don't offer anything. Same thing Mike and nostrum are doing.

• Y.B
Reply #73
Ok.

It annoys me is that there are still hours to go, and I gotta go to bed. OTOH I could just not vote.

• Y.B
Reply #74
Looking at today's voting, I am willing to switch to LD or mike to keep diva from being lynched. I just don't see her as scum. It's just too brazen a move.

After some thinking I'm inclined to agree. Also LD's posts made me suspicious.

##VOTE Laughing dog##