Reply #76
Sleep tight.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Re: Omelas: Day 3
Reply #77
Not sure why I'm not getting agreement on nostrum and Mike. But I'm happy to go with LD.
Can some more people weigh in here?

• nesb
Reply #78
Idk about Mike. People say Raven gives sample town pms, so the main thing that I think he has going for him might indicate nothing.
What post did he make a sensible statement regarding town?

?? He talked truth about what the town pm says. That was Mike, right?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #79
Fuck me work is sucking right now.  I won't rach out with details.

I don't know the vote count, even, no time to spreadsheet yet.

Diva, I am not 'doing' anything to you.  OK reset.  It stuck out that you didn't vote 'cos you didn't last game you were scum.  You were being you and not being told what to do, I get it.

I'll got with you, bor! ##VOTE testy##

Reply #80
Idk about Mike. People say Raven gives sample town pms, so the main thing that I think he has going for him might indicate nothing.
What post did he make a sensible statement regarding town?

?? He talked truth about what the town pm says. That was Mike, right?
TW and MZ afai remember. What post?

Reply #81
BOREALIS THINKS TESTY IS SCUM

I am not sure the only thing I have on him is that he was cosying up to nesb? on d1 and thats it. pretty sure I told borealis this on our chat.

she thinks nos is town. I agree.

##VOTE testy##

if I am wrong and testy you are town plz don't be mad :(

Reply #82
holy shit.
Diva, are you scum? If you are, hat's off to you. If I get lynched today and you all don't lynch nostrum tomorrow, I'm gonna NK every one of you next time I am scum or vig.

Teeth, If diva is scum, you win mafia even if town loses.

• MikeS
Reply #83
If someone wants an excuse for posting habits the last few days I can elaborate.  Otherwise lets say work on the road with flights and appointments took time and precedence over mafia.

I like diva's simple, but effective observation about the lynch and night kills so far.  Something like "if it flips red it's scum, blue and it's town".

Being away from the threads started me thinking yesterday about flavor and Omelas Utopia and I thought we were eating ourselves.  Brewers, Horse Riders, Drooz merchants, Farmers.  someone mentioned a Dancer. What would a "baddie" role in Omelas look like?  How would this role disguise itself in Omelas Utopia?  That's what's bugging me now.  I know I'm overthinking this and will only figure it out at the point of walking away from Omelas or being overwhelmed by scum at end game.

So far as we know there is only one night action leading to a kill unless a block went in for a couple nights (doubtful, but Valor did it last game).
One special role have been flipped, the jailkeeper and diva's 1-shot claim of neighbor.  Otherwise some clear vanilla townies have taken the walk from Omelas.

so ... confused ...

Reply #84
holy shit.
Diva, are you scum? If you are, hat's off to you. If I get lynched today and you all don't lynch nostrum tomorrow, I'm gonna NK every one of you next time I am scum or vig.

Teeth, If diva is scum, you win mafia even if town loses.

grr ##UNVOTE ##

I am not scum testy. you tried to buddy me the last time you were scum and it feels like that is what you are doing rn :(

I don't get why you think nos is scum. I don't think she wld death tunnel me, I think rather she avoid or be nice to me cos it is what she has always done in the past.

mz and gib are fearkills. I wld not be surprised if there was not 1 scum among the newer players if not 2. I have you and mike as not on the same team. I wld rather lynch mike cos I think out of you 2 he is the most likely to be scum. ffs

##VOTE mikes##

I pushed him d1 if he is scum I am gonna lord it over everybody and insist pple call me Mistress Diva cos it just proves y'all never listen to me. 

Reply #85
If someone wants an excuse for posting habits the last few days I can elaborate.  Otherwise lets say work on the road with flights and appointments took time and precedence over mafia.

I like diva's simple, but effective observation about the lynch and night kills so far.  Something like "if it flips red it's scum, blue and it's town".

Being away from the threads started me thinking yesterday about flavor and Omelas Utopia and I thought we were eating ourselves.  Brewers, Horse Riders, Drooz merchants, Farmers.  someone mentioned a Dancer. What would a "baddie" role in Omelas look like?  How would this role disguise itself in Omelas Utopia?  That's what's bugging me now.  I know I'm overthinking this and will only figure it out at the point of walking away from Omelas or being overwhelmed by scum at end game.

So far as we know there is only one night action leading to a kill unless a block went in for a couple nights (doubtful, but Valor did it last game).
One special role have been flipped, the jailkeeper and diva's 1-shot claim of neighbor.  Otherwise some clear vanilla townies have taken the walk from Omelas.

so ... confused ...

why are you focusing more on game flavour rather than solving?

• MikeS
Reply #86

so ... confused ...

why are you focusing more on game flavour rather than solving?

Because I'm stupid.  Also because I think understanding flavor will help us win over scum.

Nostrum thinks it's a straight up town/scum (possible indie) set-up.  Plus, being away from the game more than in it the past few days means thinking about the structure rather than the play.

I should just shut up and join a bandwagon, but I'll probably talk myself into some warped reality instead.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #87

so ... confused ...

=

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #88
mike, I'm stupid, too!  I don't play flavour in a game even if I understand the theme which I really don't.

I'm happy with my testy vote today.  Still haven't spreadsheeted and it'll have to wait unless I'm the lynch in which case I won't

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #89
wait is that pressure to jump on the mike BW?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #90
Vote Count

Testy Calibrate - 2.5 (borealis, Nostrum)
Nostrum - 2  (Testy Calibrate, laughing dog)
laughing dog - 2 (ksen, Y.B)
divagreen - 1 (teeming brown mass)
MikeS - 1 (divagreen)

Nightfall is 2 hours from the time of this post.

• MikeS
Reply #91

so ... confused ...

=
Hahahaha,
Back at you.

• MikeS
Reply #92
OK, looked at post and vote history.  I see ksen coming out strong for lynching but not much scum hunting.

But Y.B. seems strangely accurate on bandwagons every day.  Rach on day1 and TW on day2.  Now supporting the LD votes on day3.

I think there is some coaching going on.

##VOTE Y.B.##

• MikeS
Reply #93
See?  Talked myself into another rabbit warren.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #94
OK, looked at post and vote history.  I see ksen coming out strong for lynching but not much scum hunting.

But Y.B. seems strangely accurate on bandwagons every day.  Rach on day1 and TW on day2.  Now supporting the LD votes on day3.

##VOTE Y.B.##

accurate how? spot on with double mislynch?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #95
ok vote count

happy for testy to go, think LD is town, I think diva is scummy but I mostly do, mike looks town to me

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #96
lol mike just saw that you are the hammer today :)

Reply #97

so ... confused ...

=
then vote mike

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #98
ksen is approaching PoE

Reply #99

##VOTE Y.B.##
lol. So you don't think voting LD is a good idea?
##UNVOTE nostrum##
##VOTE MikeS##