Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Park your obsessive internet addiction here.

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 144883 times) previous topic - next topic

borealis, Pingu, RAFH, superhoop, Trubble, VoxRat and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • Faid
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #27925
Price did careful experiments and observations that established once and for all that fermentable carbs "displace" other nutrient dense foods.

The end.

And with a loud clang, Dave's mind snaps shut.
Cute.

I suppose "cute" is all you've got since the best objection you could come up with was that you think price didn't reliably verify the kids diets at home.

Lame.
No dave.

Look at the experiment again. Look at what Price did. Look at the results.

What would the results be if he was WRONG?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #27926
So yeah ...  just about all the dental research subsequent to Price's is worthless.

Unless you are Procter & Gamble selling toothpaste. Then it's quite useful. :-)
OTOH, just about all the cardiovascular research BEFORE Malhotra (and AFTER him) is worthless.

Once again, I wonder what your criterion is here...
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #27927
What he reports is that a group of children, number unknown, were given an extra nourishing meal per day for five months, during which their teeth did not get worse and their saliva "improved".
Jesus.

THEIR TEETH ALSO IMPROVED YOU MORON!!  See Fig. 97 ... can you not see in this figure what Price describes?  Are you that blind?

After the nutrition was improved, the tissues of the pulp built in secondary dentine thus reincasing itself in a closed chamber.

You can see this secondary dentine in all three pictures, but it's most obvious in the one on the upper right, just under the temporary filling.

Reply #27928
At least now no one can say "What?! Where did Price say he did an experiment on kids who were eating mostly refined carbs?"

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

All you can do is try to say that Price was incompetent.

Which is frankly a hoot.
What excuse do you have for ignoring the fact that nothing in that "experiment" links carbohydrates to the deficiency that Price corrected?
Sure it does.  Here it is again ... I'll spoon feed it to you ...
It is important to note that the home nutrition which had been responsible for the tooth decay was exceedingly low in body building and repairing material, while temporarily satisfying the appetite. It usually consisted of highly sweetened strong coffee and white bread, vegetable fat, pancakes made of white flour and eaten with syrup, and doughnuts fried in vegetable fat.

Reply #27929
At least now no one can say "What?! Where did Price say he did an experiment on kids who were eating mostly refined carbs?"

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.
What excuse do you have for ignoring the fact that nothing in that "experiment" links carbohydrates to the deficiency that Price corrected?

I guess it takes a competent man to correcly identify competence (or lack thereof).

"highly sweetened"

"white flour pancakes"

"doughnuts"

"white bread|

"syrup"

You've got to be kidding me ... no one can be this dumb.

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #27930
Yep. Dave confirms his bias and continues on, blithely unaware of how he sucks at science, yet proud of his own ignorance and celebration of muddled thinking.  Truly remarkable.

Dave, I dare you to go to a dentist, and report the number of cavities they find.
He has a bet with OHSU to collect ten thousand dollars if he can prove that a price diet can fix his teeth.  I wonder why he doesn't try to collect on that money?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015 at 01:59 AM Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

• Pingu
Reply #27931

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.

I guess it takes a competent man to correcly identify competence (or lack thereof).

"highly sweetened"

"white flour pancakes"

"doughnuts"

"white bread|

"syrup"

Well, it seems that you can always be dumber than we previously thought.

Try answering Faid's question.  If you can, you will have made a huge breakthrough.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #27932
Irrelevant. Has no impact either way on Price's work.
yet you think "brains on Darwinism" is an observation worth making to any post "too stupid to  respond to" (I.e. one that you have no response to).  Despite the fact that the post in question has nothing whatsoever to do with "Darwinism".

Btw... I doubt anyone will have missed the grammatical 'tell' in your pathetic response here.
  • Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:26:38 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #27933
Yep. Dave confirms his bias and continues on, blithely unaware of how he sucks at science, yet proud of his own ignorance and celebration of muddled thinking.  Truly remarkable.

Dave, I dare you to go to a dentist, and report the number of cavities they find.
He has a bet with OHSU to collect ten thousand dollars if he can prove that a price diet can fix his teeth.  I wonder why he doesn't try to collect on that money?
Two problems with that ... first, I'm pretty sure I don't have cavities anymore and I didn't document the arresting of caries in the tooth that broke off ... secondly, I don't know how to contact OHSU.  By the way, the reason it broke off was because I had a deep cavity PRIOR TO changing my diet and I got it filled and the filling worked loose and I was negligent and didn't get it repaired so it broke off.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #27934

Two problems with that ... first, I'm pretty sure I don't have cavities anymore and I didn't document the arresting of caries in the tooth that broke off ... secondly, I don't know how to contact OHSU.  By the way, the reason it broke off was because I had a deep cavity PRIOR TO changing my diet and I got it filled and the filling worked loose and I was negligent and didn't get it repaired so it broke off.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=OHSU

???
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #27935
How does that link help me?

• Faid
Reply #27936
What he reports is that a group of children, number unknown, were given an extra nourishing meal per day for five months, during which their teeth did not get worse and their saliva "improved".
Jesus.

THEIR TEETH ALSO IMPROVED YOU MORON!!  See Fig. 97 ... can you not see in this figure what Price describes?  Are you that blind?

After the nutrition was improved, the tissues of the pulp built in secondary dentine thus reincasing itself in a closed chamber.

You can see this secondary dentine in all three pictures, but it's most obvious in the one on the upper right, just under the temporary filling.
Dave, we've discussed the 'secondary dentine' thing ad nauseum in the other forum. The teeth were treated, fillings (temporary or not) were in place. And if the children had a vit D deficiency, supplementing that would have also helped.

That in no way shows that the problem with carbohydrates is only "displacement".

As any non-moron can understand.

• Faid
Reply #27937

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.
Sure it does.  Here it is again ... I'll spoon feed it to you ...
It is important to note that the home nutrition which had been responsible for the tooth decay was exceedingly low in body building and repairing material, while temporarily satisfying the appetite. It usually consisted of highly sweetened strong coffee and white bread, vegetable fat, pancakes made of white flour and eaten with syrup, and doughnuts fried in vegetable fat.
What, exactly, are you "spoon feeding" to me here? Price's ASSERTIONS?

I ask again, what part of the 'EXPERIMENT' results links carbohydrates to the deficiency that Price corrected?

• Faid
Reply #27938

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.

"highly sweetened"

"white flour pancakes"

"doughnuts"

"white bread|

"syrup"

After a decade of watching your online persona, I have no such delusions.

Dave, We are talking about the MECHANISM by which carbohydrates cause problems. Remember? THAT is the point here.

When you admit that a deficiency ALREADY exists, then that deficiency will cause problems by itself. And CORRECTING that deficiency will make the organism better, whether the "cause" of that deficiency was carbohydrates or not.

But that tells us nothing on whether carbohydrates caused that "deficiency" in the first place. And it tell us nothing on whether carbohydrates can cause problems on their own, besides that deficiency.

Do you seriously not get it? And you claim that it's us that suck at science, and not you?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #27939
He seriously doesn't get it.

• JonF
Reply #27940
I'm pretty sure I don't have cavities anymore
I.e. you have no clue whether or not you have cavities.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #27941
I'm pretty sure I don't have cavities anymore
I.e. you have no clue whether or not you have cavities.
Time for a bet.  No money, but perhaps all the teeth with cavities could be pulled if there are any?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015 at 01:59 AM Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

Reply #27942
Jesus.

Dave, we've discussed the 'secondary dentine' thing ad nauseum in the other forum. The teeth were treated, fillings (temporary or not) were in place. And if the children had a vit D deficiency, supplementing that would have also helped.

That in no way shows that the problem with carbohydrates is only "displacement".

As any non-moron can understand.
What the X-rays show is that secondary dentine [sic] DID indeed form as a result of Price's diet changes.  I reposted them bc it seems that I recall people (you?) not noticing this secondary dentine in the pics ... i recall people saying "Bah .... i see temporary fillings but no secondary dentine.". So i want to make sure everyone sees it this time.

Reply #27943
As for the connection to carbs ...  I hope it's obvious that these children were eating a high percentage of refined carbohydrates in their diet before price did his experiment.

what is also obvious is that their teeth had indeed formed a secondary dentine later after prices diet changes.

what is obvious to ME but apparently not to you, is that prices diet changes were THE CAUSE of the healed teeth.

but I'm open to suggestions of other possible causes. Feel free to suggest some ideas if you have any.

Reply #27944
You know ...  Magic fairies, the children suddenly started eating salad every day at home, etc

there are many possible hypotheses :-)

Reply #27945
You know ...  Magic fairies, the children suddenly started eating salad every day at home, etc

Ha, your whole belief rests on magic, you utter puffoon.

Reply #27946

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.

"highly sweetened"

"white flour pancakes"

"doughnuts"

"white bread|

"syrup"

Dave, We are talking about the MECHANISM by which carbohydrates cause problems. Remember? THAT is the point here.

When you admit that a deficiency ALREADY exists, then that deficiency will cause problems by itself. And CORRECTING that deficiency will make the organism better, whether the "cause" of that deficiency was carbohydrates or not.

But that tells us nothing on whether carbohydrates caused that "deficiency" in the first place. And it tell us nothing on whether carbohydrates can cause problems on their own, besides that deficiency.

Do you seriously not get it? And you claim that it's us that suck at science, and not you?
Jesus Christ you are an idiot.

The kids had horrible teeth. I hope that part is obvious to you.

now the possible causes in play that I am aware of are...

1)  acid eating the teeth because the kids were eating refined carbohydrates - remedy - brush with toothpaste often

2) acid eating the teeth because of a LACK of body building / tooth protecting materials - remedy - fix their nutritional deficiencies

those are the two choices that I am aware of.

Price believed the latter, tested it, and his theory seems to be supported by the experiment. 

what part of this are you having trouble with?

Reply #27947

No it doesn't. My belief rests on evidence.

Reply #27948

You've been shown.

No excuses now.

Which is frankly a hoot.

"highly sweetened"

"white flour pancakes"

"doughnuts"

"white bread|

"syrup"

Jesus Christ you are an idiot.

The kids had horrible teeth. I hope that part is obvious to you.

now the possible causes in play that I am aware of are...

1)  acid eating the teeth because the kids were eating refined carbohydrates - remedy - brush with toothpaste often

2) acid eating the teeth because of a LACK of body building / tooth protecting materials - remedy - fix their nutritional deficiencies

those are the two choices that I am aware of.

Price believed the latter, tested it, and his theory seems to be supported by the experiment. 

what part of this are you having trouble with?
Where's his control?
Why do I bother?

Reply #27949

No it doesn't. My belief rests on evidence.
Why do the curves agree Dave?
Why do I bother?