Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: nobody cares.

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 178567 times) previous topic - next topic

vivisectus and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #28675
And we concluded that it cannot be articulated because it was not articulated within 10 minutes
It has now been 4 hours and 36 minutes. Do you care to articulate the misrepresentation?

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #28676
My guess is that in photons case, a large percentage of his diet came from refined carbohydrates and not a whole lot from animal Foods

Fuck off, Dave, I've already explained this to you.  You are lying with your guesses, again.

We ate animals products:
eggs from free-range grass-fed chickens
meat from free-range grass-fed chickens
milk from grass-fed beef
meat from grass-fed beef
wild rabbit meat
occasional pork/bacon from free-range pigs.

And a giant garden that had lots of:
- potatoes
- carrots
- peas
- beans
- cucumbers
- onions
- dill

We also picked wild saskatoons, raspberries and strawberries.  Had a few apple trees.

Refined carbohydrates wasn't part of our diet on a regular basis.  My mother would bake bread sometimes, but mostly it was meat, potatoes, and vegetables, every meal.  We couldn't afford to shop at the fucking town store, except for things we couldn't make like tools and clothes, buying fucking sugary snacks and refined carbs wasn't even a thing. 

Yet, even though I basically lived the Price diet, and had copious amounts of raw milk from grass fed-beef, I still had bad teeth.

It's because PRICE WAS FUCKING WRONG ABOUT WHAT WAS THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF DENTAL CARIES.  It is research subsequent to Price that elucidated that cause.  You just don't want to learn the truth.  You wish to remain blind in your assumptions, so you can keep doing what you wanna do, cause you is always right(eous).

But stop fucking lying with your suppositions that have already been refuted.

• Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:05:35 PM by Photon

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #28677
My family for as many generations I have known have had a very similar story and diet to Photon's. They/we were more or less successful farming families, and what we ate was what the farm produced. We had more fish though, because we were coastal people.

These are damn near perfect 'Price' diets. Our teeth were bad, and it is likely genetics played a part, as well as poor or no professional dental care.

Reply #28678
My guess is that in photons case, a large percentage of his diet came from refined carbohydrates and not a whole lot from animal Foods

Fuck off, Dave, I've already explained this to you.  You are lying with your guesses, again.

We ate animals products:
milk from grass-fed beef
meat from grass-fed beef
wild rabbit meat

- potatoes
- carrots
- peas
- beans
- cucumbers
- onions
- dill

We also picked wild saskatoons, raspberries and strawberries.  Had a few apple trees.

Refined carbohydrates wasn't part of our diet on a regular basis.  My mother would bake bread sometimes, but mostly it was meat, potatoes, and vegetables, every meal.  We couldn't afford to shop at the fucking town store, except for things we couldn't make like tools and clothes, buying fucking sugary snacks and refined carbs wasn't even a thing. 

Yet, even though I basically lived the Price diet, and had copious amounts of raw milk from grass fed-beef, I still had bad teeth.

It's because PRICE WAS FUCKING WRONG ABOUT WHAT WAS THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF DENTAL CARIES.  It is research subsequent to Price that elucidated that cause.  You just don't want to learn the truth.  You wish to remain blind in your assumptions, so you can keep doing what you wanna do, cause you is always right(eous).

Yeah right.  You want me to flush all of Price's research for your little N=1 anecdote?

• Fenrir
Reply #28679
Lame.

So lame.

:fndave:
It's what plants crave.

Reply #28680
Do you also want me to throw papers like Hujoel in the trash? What about Cleave and Yudkin?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #28681
Apparently the misrepresentation is so subtle it can't even be articulated.

Reply #28682
No it was articulated.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #28683
Where? Link to it.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #28684

We ate animals products:
milk from grass-fed beef
meat from grass-fed beef
wild rabbit meat

- potatoes
- carrots
- peas
- beans
- cucumbers
- onions
- dill

Yeah right.  You want me to flush all of Price's research for your little N=1 anecdote?
Um, no, but you could be a responsible thinking adult and look at the plethora of work that has been done since then that supercedes Price's efforts in their entirety. It is, after all, how science works, building knowledge incrementally, ever refining hypotheses and models to achieve a more accurate predictor of reality. What science is not, is doggedly adhering to the vaguely racist and anachronistic colonial viewpoint of a researcher with poor methodology just because he says something you think you want to believe.

In other words, fucking pay attention to what is going on around you instead of myopically pursuing idiotic pseudoscience to further your ego-driven self-aggrandizement petulant fantasies.

PRICE WAS WRONG. And, so, are you.

• Pingu
Reply #28685

We ate animals products:
milk from grass-fed beef
meat from grass-fed beef
wild rabbit meat

- potatoes
- carrots
- peas
- beans
- cucumbers
- onions
- dill

No.  Nor do I want to flush all of modern research for Price's collection of anecdotes, especially when they do not actually refute subsequent research.  Price was in fact CORRECT that diet is an important factor in mental health.  He was WRONG about the primary mechanism.  His anecdotes do not distinguish between the two theories.

Too much sugar and starch DOES cause dental caries.  Therefore it is not surprising that Price found that people who ate "modern" diets full of sugar and starch had more dental caries than people who ate traditional diets.

Nothing in his anecdotes tells us that the CAUSE was nutritional, not topical.  And it turns out that the primary cause is topical - the action those foods have WHILE IN THE MOUTH.

And no, your N=1 experiment with maple syrup mouthwash does not necessitate that we flush all the good research that has demonstrated that definitively, right down to the precise species of bacteria that secrete the acid.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #28686

Dave: Bad diet causes bad teeth, e.g. not enough unpasteurised grass-fed milk. 
Photon: I drank lots of unpasteurised grass-fed milk as a child but I still had bad teeth. Teeth improved when I moved to the city and started brushing and drinking fluoridated water and stopped drinking lots of unpasteurised grass-fed milk.
Dave: Your diet as a child must have been bad.

Not even circular, just batshit

see this is how I claim that sophisticated people lie. They don't outright lie, so I just claim they just misrepresent you in subtle ways and hope you don't notice.

fyp

• Fenrir
Reply #28687
Had enough time to articulate those detailed specifics yet David?
It's what plants crave.

Reply #28688
Your post implied that my view is that not enough unpasteurized grass-fed milk will cause bad teeth. But that's not my view. And that's not prices View. I'm using Siri and I don't know why it doesn't capitalize price and it does capitalize View. Anyway prices view is that nutrition needs to be adequate in order to have good teeth and it can be many different types of foods that Supply adequate nutrition as he explained in his book.
How is it possible for you people not to see this post I made yesterday? 

• Fenrir
Reply #28689
Your post implied that my view is that not enough unpasteurized grass-fed milk will cause bad teeth. But that's not my view. And that's not prices View. I'm using Siri and I don't know why it doesn't capitalize price and it does capitalize View. Anyway prices view is that nutrition needs to be adequate in order to have good teeth and it can be many different types of foods that Supply adequate nutrition as he explained in his book.

That's neither detailed or specific. Not terribly articulate either.
It's what plants crave.

• Faid
Reply #28690
How is it possible for you not to see the responses, where people told you what e. g. means?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #28691

If that's what you think, then you should probably repeat 8th grade English class.

• Fenrir
Reply #28692
Details David

Specifics David

How is Pingu's post a misrepresentation of your oft repeated pontifications?

Precisely how are Photons experiences not relevant? By what rational method are they deficient and thereby to be simply dismissed?
It's what plants crave.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #28693
How is it possible for you to STILL not know what 'e.g.' means?

Here:
          e.g.   =    exempli gratia   =   "for EXAMPLE"

perhaps you're confusing it with

i.e.    =     id est    =   "that is:"

If Pingu had written
Dave: Bad diet causes bad teeth, i.e.  not enough unpasteurised grass-fed milk. 
then your "implication" might make sense. 
But she didn't. She wrote
Dave: Bad diet causes bad teeth, e.g.  not enough unpasteurised grass-fed milk. 

... so your "implication" makes NO sense.

See how that works?

Quote from: Dave Hawkins
If that's what you think, then you should probably repeat 8th grade English class.

:ironicat:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #28694

How is it possible that you don't see that my post did not misrepresent your position?  It did NOT imply that your view was that not enough unpasteurized grass-fed milk will cause bad teeth EVEN THOUGH you have said in the past that enough unpasteurized grass-fed milk will HEAL your teeth. 

Nor has ANYONE disputed that poor nutrition CAN affect teeth.  People have several times, for instance, pointed out that rickets also results in bad teeth and rickets is caused by a shortage of Vitamin D and calcium, both of which are abundant in milk.

However, that is not the ONLY cause of bad teeth, and is not the PRIMARY cause by which diet affects teeth.  Severely malnourished children often have excellent teeth.

• Pingu
Reply #28695

no u

• JonF
Reply #28696

How is it possible that you don't see that my post did not misrepresent your position?
He can't read English.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #28697
I suppose the question is, does Dave not KNOW the definitions of the words he misuses, or is it intentional? 
It's that timeless question that auditors have had to contend with, is this ignorance or dishonesty?  neither is particularly appealing, but the intent is important.

In B4 "Why not both?" :smug:
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

Reply #28698
If you want to talk about word definitions, then here's one for you to work on that I think is a lot more interesting and relevant than what you are talking about ...

FREEDOM

We in the USA claim to be "the land of the FREE and the home of the brave" ... but are we truly free?

Well ... it depends on your definition of "free."  I would say we are MORE free than say Jews in Nazi Germany ... I'm glad we are not restricted like they were.  Or people today in N. Korea.  We certainly have more freedom than they do.

But what if we compare ourselves to the people of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy that lived in what we call New England in Benjamin Franklin's day?  How does our freedom compare to theirs?

Or how about the Wai Wai people who live in the little jungle of village called Masakenari in Konashen District in southern Guyana, S. America?  How does our freedom compare to theirs?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #28699
::)     Oh brother      ::)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins