Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: You probably won't be protected from free speech that you don't like.

Topic: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing (Read 905 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Re: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing
Reply #25
"mitt and I know what it's like to be broke. one time, in college, we had to sell some of his stock just to survive."

Re: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing
Reply #26
After saving up tens of thousands of dollars, taking three luxury vacations a year, paying for private schools, donating nearly $20k to charity and generally paying for an upper class life style completely, we only have thousands left over!

Reply #27
ideal scenario for dealing with the rich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBC5XBbsZRk

Reply #28
anime owns

Reply #29

Reply #30
yesssssss

Reply #31
dolezal is old news but

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/24/rachel-dolezal-too-black-my-husband/99578982/

quality nugget:

She talks about her desire to be black at a young age.

"I would pretend to be a dark-skinned princess in the Sahara Desert or one of the Bantu women living in the Congo ... imagining I was a different person living in a different place was one of the few ways ... that I could escape the oppressive environment I was raised in."

She would rub mud on her hands, arms, feet and legs, she writes.

Reply #32
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #33
I think it's making a dig at wealthy people who blow obscene amounts of money and then cry poor but it's hard to tell.

Reply #34
Poe's law turns out to be seriously far reaching.

• ksen
Reply #35
Jesus, no one pays an effective income tax rate of 40%.  The highest bracket isn't even 40%.

These people are morons.

Or they're trolling and then they're fucking geniuses.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #36
Yeah, cause that's what actual geniuses spend their time doing.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #37
Jesus, no one pays an effective income tax rate of 40%.  The highest bracket isn't even 40%.

These people are morons.

40% including state and local taxes is possible in places like NYC, but that'd be marginal not effective

• ksen
Reply #38

These people are morons.

40% including state and local taxes is possible in places like NYC, but that'd be marginal not effective
And even then the state and local taxes are itemizable deductions on your federal taxes if you itemize.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #39

These people are morons.

And even then the state and local taxes are itemizable deductions on your federal taxes if you itemize.
hey I remember this one week several years ago, when every conservative I knew was saying half their paycheck goes to taxes and they all committed the same exact fallacy, pointing to the difference between gross and net, and assuming the difference was "taxes".  in every case, I walked them through it, and discovered with them that much or most of the difference was elective withholdings like 401k and health insurance.  it was a dumb misconception and i'm sure every one of these people would have realized it beforehand if they'd thought about it for even a second.  but they were all in some weird unthinking mode, where they had to "confirm" that we all lose half of our paycheck to taxes.  I assumed it was the fox news talking point of the week ("we pay too much in taxes.  just look at the difference between gross and net!"), but I never looked into it.

Reply #40
lots of people simply don't understand how marginal tax rates work for some reason, too.

Reply #41

Reply #42

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #43
Only three vacations a year?   :crai:

Reply #44

i am outraged that shareholders are even getting leftovers instead of nothing

Reply #45

Reply #46
so the new hot take is that obama getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for giving speeches to bankers is just a successful black mean earning money by the sweat of his brow and you alt-left trolls would see him re-enslaved with your criticisms!

people are so "woke" that they are buying into this, lol

eta: dunno is this really belongs here tbh, didn't feel like making a new thread.

Reply #47

Reply #49