Reply #2
I hope so.  It's your legacy.

• F X
  • The one and only
Re: good times
Reply #3
I missed all that drama.

Thank God
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• Pingu
Reply #4
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #5
Hey at least somebody remembered you
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #6
A couple weeks ago I read the first dozen or so pages of the ceasefire broken thread.

That was a crazy night.  I never did completely get over the insomnia.

• Pingu
Reply #7
Nor me.

I used to come downstairs in the night and stare at the admin panel like a train-wreck.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #8
is there a tl;dr version?

I liked the bit where I assume the trouble makers were actually listed but other than that I'm lost

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #9
Did anyone ever publish their list?  Did the lulzcrew self identify?  I'm sketchy on the details.  We need the TR/RnR historian's take on this.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #10
I think lpetrich posted a list.  Or maybe it was pendaric.

Or maybe both!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #11
My memory says Pendaric refused to post publicly, but he wanted all the staff to post their lists and immediately ban anyone who was on X% of all the lists.   Maybe a lot more went on in the staff forums, but I never bothered to read that shit.

lpetrich, I'd believe.

• Pingu
Reply #12
My memory says Pendaric refused to post publicly, but he wanted all the staff to post their lists and immediately ban anyone who was on X% of all the lists.  Maybe a lot more went on in the staff forums, but I never bothered to read that shit.

lpetrich, I'd believe.

Not much went on on the secret staff forum apart from mutual blood-letting.  We reposted as much as we could on the open forum.  It was mostly petitions for the admins to resign IIRC.

Reply #13
let's publish the secret staff forum so everyone can see the mutual blood-letting.

Reply #14
Fellow posters, I say unto thee, unban Bartholomew Roberts, and restore TR to its former glory.

The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present...
fellow posters, we cannot escape history...

The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last member who posts here.

We say we are for Talk Rational.

The world will not forget that we say this.

We know how to save Talk Rational...

In giving freedom to Bartholomew Roberts, we ensure freedom to the free-honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve.

We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last, best hope of earth.

http://talkrational.org/archive/showthread.php?p=2589322#post2589322

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #15
TR in its then-current incarnation did actually die in a fire.

I should be more careful about stuff I post.

:imperatrix:

Reply #16
:whyyou:

Quote from: Ravenscape
August 2016: Donald Trump announces his VP. Hillary physically attacks him during a debate.
November 2016: Donald Trump elected 45th president of the United States.
April 2017: Hillary Clinton sentenced to 37 years for high treason. Bush family forced into hiding.
September 2018: Great Wall of America completed "Under budget, ahead of schedule".
October 2019: The great northern wall erected. "When Canada sends their people they send Beibers, they send Krogers, they send Cruzs, some I assume are good people but they elected Trudeau so we can't take a chance".
June 2020: Ellis island reopened as German refugees pour in after Germany taken over by Sharia Law. "They can come here, but they have to do so legally."
November 2020: Trump wins reelection carrying 50 out of 50 states plus Washington.
June 2021: Boots on the ground in Eurabia "We will liberate them and make Europe great again"
Jan 2022: "We got her" Merkel captured in a spider hole outside Dusseldorf. To stand trial for crimes against German people.
August 2022: US forces reach the Aegean sea. Europe annexed into greater American empire.
April 2022: Seige of Istanbul is successful. Constantinople reclaimed.
June 2023: Communist forces of the Democratic peoples republic of Canada launch sneak attack across lake Michigan. Chicago burns.
July 2024: Toronto falls. Canada annexed. Quebecois forced to learn English.
August 2024: 22nd amendment repealed.
November 2024: Trump wins third term.
Jan 2025: Attempted coup by Sandernista revolutionaries leads to emergency powers granted to Emperor Trump.
July 2030: Total victory against Islam reached. "No longer do you have to worry about women being killed for not being covered, gays being thrown from rooftops, people being stoned. sharia law will not rule. I told you I'd do something about it and I did".
July 2035: United American Empire lands on Mars.
2037: Greater American empire split into Trumpium and the Trumpantine empire for administrative purposes, Barron Trump promoted to co-emperor
2038: Earths greatest scientists perfect immortality for Emperor Trump.
2040: The Chinese empire falls. Trumpian forces quickly establish order.
2041: All resistance wiped out Earth is united under one banner. Except Mexico. Fuck Mexico.
2060: Terra colonists arrive at Alpha Centauri.
2066: The Immortal Donald achieves the title God Emperor of Mankind.
3000: Humans expand to 30 star systems. Population 700 trillion "I told you we would be great again. Yuge!"
40,000: Human empire stretches across thousands of systems with Holy Terra and the Immortal God Emperor Trump at its center. The Celestial Imperium of Trump shall rule forever.
http://talkrational.org/archive/showthread.php?p=2645878#post2645878

Reply #17