Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: This is a good one for the memescape.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 85096 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8700
I think in a sense the "undivided" thing is more important than jerusalem being Israel's capital.  iirc, west Jerusalem is internationally recognized as belonging to israel.  if it's part of Israel, then they can decide to put their capital there.  that's not any kind of imposition on palestinians, at least not directly.  it's just Israel deciding where, within their country, to set up their government.  they can put it wherever they want, within their proper borders.

the "undivided" part is the problem, because it effectively annexes east jerusalem, which basically no one recognizes as part of israel.
A lot gets lost in the dumb pronouncements of people like Paul Ryan:
"Jerusalem has been, and always will be, the eternal, undivided capital of the State of Israel," House Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement.
Jerusalem, the city that was for a time (several centuries; not "eternally"), capital of ancient Israel Judaea, is not the same thing as Jerusalem, the modern metropolis. The former is what is now known as "the Old City" (part of East Jerusalem).

Accepting as fact the religious mythology of one side of this conflict is not a good starting point for arbitrating a peaceful solution, IMHO. 
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #8701
Media reports said GOP donors wanted him to do it.

I guess they are getting desperate for a cheap win as well.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #8702
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kdb3a/dystopian-sketches-from-inside-the-inauguration-protesters-trial
holy shit

The #J20 trials are thus called because the defendants were arrested on January 20 during protests against Trump's inauguration in Washington, DC, after police kettled 240 people on 12th and L streets. An astounding 194 people now face a litany of charges related to property damage and rioting that could result in 60-year sentences being handed down to the defendants

During the #J20 protests, a small group of demonstrators smashed the windows of Starbucks and Bank of America, spray-painted cars, and overturned several newspaper boxes. Importantly, the prosecution has made no attempt to claim that the defendants were among them. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Kerkhoff has instead argued that the defendants were "playing a role" in the violence. That's right: The government is trying to set the precedent that if you're at a protest and someone else smashes a window, it's your fault.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #8703
so Trump gives Schumer Jerusalem and Schumer is now happy to sit with Trump and the GOP for a two week budget extension?

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8704
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

So if Democrats take the House, and impeach both Trump and Pence, and the evidence is so egregious that the Senate has no choice but to convict them both, do you get President Pelosi?
lol

I think maybe you have to live here to really appreciate how much conservative media deceives and distracts half the country, and how dumb it has made them.  facts, logic, and common decency are all close to useless in our discourse nowadays.
on re-reading.... it was unfair of me to lol you like that.  you know your stuff about American politics.  and of all the posters here, I am probably the one who spends the most time looking for excuses to believe meritocracy will prevail.  or at least turn out not to be entirely dead.

Reply #8705
so Trump gives Schumer Jerusalem and Schumer is now happy to sit with Trump and the GOP for a two week budget extension?

Democrats have some leverage on government funding bills because there are enough crazy R's that won't vote for anything that McConnell and Ryan need their votes. So they'll attempt to get concessions on DACA, CHIP, whatever else. Last time we had a big government funding meeting, back in the spring, Pelosi and Schumer walked away with a pretty good deal considering R's control the whole government.

Reply #8706
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

So if Democrats take the House, and impeach both Trump and Pence, and the evidence is so egregious that the Senate has no choice but to convict them both, do you get President Pelosi?
lol

I think maybe you have to live here to really appreciate how much conservative media deceives and distracts half the country, and how dumb it has made them.  facts, logic, and common decency are all close to useless in our discourse nowadays.
on re-reading.... it was unfair of me to lol you like that.  you know your stuff about American politics.  and of all the posters here, I am probably the one who spends the most time looking for excuses to believe meritocracy will prevail.  or at least turn out not to be entirely dead.

No, it was fair.

Reply #8707
Meritocracy isn't much better.

• el jefe
Reply #8708

lol

No, it was fair.
I think you just have a grudge against Europeans because they're so religious

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8709

we're not far from "LOL I WILL RAPE YOUR DAUGHTER AND IT WILL BE FUN TRUMP 2020" tshirts

Reply #8710
America was apparently great when we could grab all the pussy our God given alpha status could grab.

Reply #8711

we're not far from "LOL I WILL RAPE YOUR DAUGHTER AND IT WILL BE FUN TRUMP 2020" tshirts
I feel like shooting these people in preemptive self defense should be legal

Reply #8712
so i'm subscribed to the white house email blasts for informational purposes and today's contained the following... well...

Our long journey to the stars--and the Moon

Forty-five years ago today, NASA's final Apollo mission landed on the surface of the Moon. No human has walked there since.

This afternoon, President Donald J. Trump will tell the country that it's time to refocus our vision for American space exploration.

In signing Space Policy Directive 1 today--the first recommendation of the recently reconvened National Space Council--the President will shift NASA's resources and attention toward the Moon and Mars. Given its relative closeness, the Moon in particular offers humans the best hope for long-term exploration and utilization.

President Ronald Reagan once eloquently captured the sweep of mankind as "his long climb from the swamp to the stars." With President Trump's order today, America commits itself once again to writing the next chapter of that story.

:dunno:

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #8713
John F. Kennedy never happened.

• el jefe
Reply #8714
"shift NASA's resources" sounds like they want to cut science to pay for it.  manned spaceflight is great.  as long as it isn't taking money away from science.

guessing the first thing to go will be the lying climatologists.

Reply #8715
"shift NASA's resources" sounds like they want to cut science to pay for it.  manned spaceflight is great.  as long as it isn't taking money away from science.

yeah this seems plausible. it actually sounded kinda cool so i wasn't sure what the real horrible agenda actually is even though i knew there had to be one.

Reply #8716
I'm honestly a little surprised that Pence believes it's possible for man to pass through the firmament.

• linus
Reply #8717

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8718

Somebody has to test those rockets.
Are we there yet?

• linus
Reply #8719
Trump is more of a rocket man than a climatologist.

Reply #8720

yeah this seems plausible. it actually sounded kinda cool so i wasn't sure what the real horrible agenda actually is even though i knew there had to be one.

Cutting back on NASA's climate science work is more than likely part of this, but . . .

"Imagine the possibility waiting in those big beautiful stars if we dare to dream big. That's what our country is doing again, we're dreaming big," the president said, with Apollo 17 moonwalker Harrison Schmitt, Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin and other key space program officials looking on.

"This is a giant step toward that inspiring future and toward reclaiming America's proud destiny in space and space has so much to do with so many other applications including a military application."

[source]

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8721
Trump is more of a rocket man than a climatologist.
Can his test flight be one out of the solar -planetary plane?
Are we there yet?

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #8722

I feel like shooting these people in preemptive self defense should be legal
Yours can be the test case.

Reply #8723
space has so much to do with so many other applications including a military application."

[source]

So eloquent and inspiring

Reply #8724

FUCK THEM ALL TO DEATH