Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• This week in Las Vegas there was a TR session at the big paleontology to do. Then an Elvis tribute

Topic: Immigration/border patrol megathread (Read 5215 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Immigration/border patrol megathread
Reply #450
I wonder if you could argue successfully in court that it is not murder to kill an ICE agent, because a human being couldn't possibly behave that way.

Reply #451
Maybe this is one of those Harlan Ellison short stories, where the ICE agent, convinced that he has done the Right Thing enough times, gets called in to the central office to receive an award, and then is casually vaporized by a laser, because ICE exists solely to identify people with literally no human empathy and eliminate them.

Reply #452
aaaaaand we're back to denial.

Reply #453
I wonder if you could argue successfully in court that it is not murder to kill an ICE agent, because a human being couldn't possibly behave that way.
on the other hand, whether they are human is clearly a moot point because, as the willing agents of ethnic cleansing, they're with nazis in the "preemptive violence is defense" category.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #454
It's hopeless. Americans are selfish garbage. ICE is going to keep doing this and worse, and no one else will give a fuck.

• ksen
Reply #455
I just . . . fuck

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #456

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #457
Geniuses surprised that what they voted for actually happened, part 59:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article183686761.html

"I was kind of in shock, to be blunt with you," Wright said.

Rodriguez, whose visa had expired, had lived in the area for more than a dozen years. He had worked in bilingual education and periodically tipped police to trouble spots.

"He was real pro-law enforcement," the police chief said. "Shoot, anybody would like to have him as a neighbor."

Trump, on the campaign, had talked about kicking out Mexican "drug dealers, criminals, rapists." And that's the kind of immigration crackdown a lot of people here were expecting.

"Yeah, we don't want that element," Wright said. But Rodriguez? The police chief couldn't believe sending him back to Mexico would do anybody any good.

Reply #458
what this tells me is that sometimes cats hear dog whistles.

Reply #459
hell, ironically it's the audience these messages are supposed to alienate that has the better understanding of what they really mean. the dog whistle covered up the real agenda in some cases. these dummies actually thought he meant it about just going after the "bad guys."

:sad:
  • Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:59:55 AM by the idea of Harambe

Reply #460
what this tells me is that sometimes cats hear dog whistles.
That's a disturbingly apt metaphor.  Well done.

Reply #461
His correction is actually better.  This is not cats hearing dog whistles.  This is cats falling for dog whistles.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #462
Keeping America safe:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/immigrant-to-trump-administration-my-wife-has-cancer-let-me-stay-in-america

Super safe, actually:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-end-provisional-residency-protection-for-50000-haitians/2017/11/20/fa3fdd86-ce4a-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html

More than half the Haitians affected by Monday's announcement live in Florida, where lawmakers had asked that they be allowed to remain. The lawmakers cited ongoing economic and political difficulties in Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, as well as a still-raging cholera epidemic.

"I traveled to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010 and after hurricane Matthew in 2016. So I can personally attest that Haiti is not prepared to take back nearly 60,000 TPS recipients under these difficult and harsh conditions," said Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.), one of several GOP lawmakers who joined Democratic leaders in chastising the decision on Twitter. Ros-Lehtinen is co-sponsoring a bipartisan bill that would extend TPS for Haitians and others.

Reply #463

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #464
 :sadyes:

Reply #465