Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Literally so horrible that you have to join forces with child rapists to stop it.

Topic: Keeping tabs on the alt-right (Read 12819 times) previous topic - next topic

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: Keeping tabs on the alt-right
Reply #25
What have they got against Minneapolis?
Truth is out of style

• linus

• ksen
Reply #27
Another alt-right fav politician makes a stand:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/21/marine-le-pen-refuses-to-wear-hijab-cancels-meeting-with-key-arab-leader/

French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen canceled a meeting with a key Arab leader Tuesday after he insisted she wear a headscarf.

The National Front leader who is a frontrunner for president was scheduled to meet with Lebanon's grand mufti, an important cleric for Sunni Muslims, but backed out after it was made clear she was expected to cover her head, Reuters reports.

"You can pass my respects to the grand mufti, but I will not cover myself up," Le Pen told the press.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #28
She should try going into Notre Dame in a tank top sometime

• ksen
Reply #29
You think that'd be a big deal?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #30

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/21/marine-le-pen-refuses-to-wear-hijab-cancels-meeting-with-key-arab-leader/

French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen canceled a meeting with a key Arab leader Tuesday after he insisted she wear a headscarf.

The National Front leader who is a frontrunner for president was scheduled to meet with Lebanon's grand mufti, an important cleric for Sunni Muslims, but backed out after it was made clear she was expected to cover her head, Reuters reports.

"You can pass my respects to the grand mufti, but I will not cover myself up," Le Pen told the press.
Actually I don't have a problem with that. Not a fan of le Pen, but if she doesn't want to wear a hijab there's no reason why she should.
Truth is out of style

• linus
Reply #31
Topic 3:  How do we save Pepe?  This probably should have been number 1.
He can't be saved, but he can become an hero. The equivalent of an honorable seppuku is probably to manage to prepare himself according to the Le Pen's family recipe for frog legs.

• ksen
Reply #32

Actually I don't have a problem with that. Not a fan of le Pen, but if she doesn't want to wear a hijab there's no reason why she should.
One of the commenters suggested she send back a counter-offer that she'd wear a hijab if the Mufti got circumcised.

• nesb
Reply #33

I agree. I do have a problem with her wanting to ban them, but she shouldn't feel compelled to wear one for a meeting, anymore than people who want to wear them, should be forced not to.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #34

One of the commenters suggested she send back a counter-offer that she'd wear a hijab if the Mufti got circumcised.
I like it.
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #35
I agree. I do have a problem with her wanting to ban them, but she shouldn't feel compelled to wear one for a meeting, anymore than people who want to wear them, should be forced not to.
Yup, although I can see a good argument for banning the niqab in some situations. Banks are an obvious one. You're not allowed to wear a motorcycle helmet in a bank over here, and the same reasoning could be extended to any face covering. Obviously it's totally fine to wear a helmet out on the street.
Truth is out of style

• ksen
Reply #36
Hey, it's kind of early for Aussies to be up and posting isn't it?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #37
Morning coffee time.
Truth is out of style

• ksen
Reply #38
 :britfag:

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #39
Except that I can't stand tea. :p
Truth is out of style

• ksen
Reply #40
Neither can Colbert.  That's why he's making that face.  :yes:

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #41
Missed the original. I assumed he was horrified by something else.
Truth is out of style

Reply #42

Now that would be a great suggestion. :D I'd love to see their reaction to that!

• linus
Reply #43
IDGI... is the grand mufti not already circumcised?

Reply #44
The top 4 inches or so ought to work.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #45
:rofl: No. Mohammed specifically forbade circumcision, to distinguish Muslims from Jews.
Truth is out of style

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #46
if le pen wins, it will be three in a row for the nationalists.  the message will be loud and clear:  true brits/americans/french are sick and tired of sharing their countries with foreigners.

• linus
Reply #47
:rofl: No. Mohammed specifically forbade circumcision, to distinguish Muslims from Jews.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khitan_(circumcision)

Reply #48
That's not true at all. Its not in the Quran, but it is in some of the hadiths. Most Shias regard it as obligatory, and while its not obligatory for Sunnis it is highly recommended.

So yes, the mufti almost certainly is circumcised. Le Pen had better wear a scarf.
Why do I bother?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #49
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khitan_(circumcision)
Sorry, brain fart on my part. I did know better but for some reason it slipped my mind.
Truth is out of style