Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Now with extra smileys :parrot: :popcorn:

Topic: Socrates (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

Socrates
Can we confine him to a single thread like at the old TR?
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Re: Socrates
Reply #1
I've been unwatching his threads. Are there a lot now?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #2
We may have to do something. He's evidently decided to treat TR's Science forum as an offshoot of his personal blog.

Reply #3
I've been unwatching his threads. Are there a lot now?
A couple new ones today, so not that big of a deal.   But he's unlikely to get bored with his hit-and-runs...  
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Monad
Reply #4
It's just spam really

Reply #5
 :911:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #6
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8

Was it a single thread? Not that my memory is the greatest but I thought he was restricted to the single (alternative reality) subforum.

Tangentially, Dave's a little too comfortable thinking that sub is his very own safe space. Not that I mind his political nonsense posted there, and he's behaved lately, because at least he's not shitting up other subs with indefensible (lol) nonsense. edit: Meaning that maybe Dave needs a roomie.
  • Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:10:27 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #9

Was it a single thread? Not that my memory is the greatest but I thought he was restricted to the single (alternative reality) subforum.

Tangentially, Dave's a little too comfortable thinking that sub is his very own safe space. Not that I mind his political nonsense posted there, and he's behaved lately, because at least he's not shitting up other subs with indefensible (lol) nonsense. edit: Meaning that maybe Dave needs a roomie.
Dave and Socrates in one thread?   Is that your proposal?  Because I support that wholeheartedly!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #10
nah, separate threads, same forum.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #11
As soon as I figure out the best way to do it in elkarte, we are looking at confining him to ARSE. Please be patient. Put him on ignore in the meantime.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #12
In the meantime I've moved the rest of his current threads from Science to ARSE.

Reply #13
I have a plan to deal with these issues.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #14
Don't even go there little buddy. :smith:

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #15

Dave and Socrates in one thread?   Is that your proposal?  Because I support that wholeheartedly!

Calm down there, Satan.   :evil::
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #16
I've issued socrates1 a 24 hour ban* for refusing to respond to staff via PM or in threads, and for persisting in reposting his ARSE threads to the Science forum.

*Providing I did it correctly. I may have inadvertently sent him to Narnia or something.

Reply #17
Uh...
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/dinosaur%E2%80%99s-ride-may-have-been-glide
A dinosaur called Yi qi appears to have lifted a page from pterosaurs' flight plan. Protruding from each of the newly discovered dinosaur's wrists was a weird rodlike bone that may have attached to a fleshy wing that helped the dinosaur glide or fly, researchers report April 29 in Nature."We've never seen anything like this in a dinosaur before," says paleontologist Sarah Werning of Stony Brook University in New York. "It's almost like this dinosaur [basal Paraves] was pretending to be a pterosaur."

This is refreshing honesty.

Don't think the ban stuck.

• nesb
Reply #18
He's just really bad at being banned.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #19
I've tried again. maybe this time.

Elkarte really does not want to ban him.