Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Socrates (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Socrates
Can we confine him to a single thread like at the old TR?
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Re: Socrates
Reply #1
I've been unwatching his threads. Are there a lot now?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2
We may have to do something. He's evidently decided to treat TR's Science forum as an offshoot of his personal blog.

Reply #3
I've been unwatching his threads. Are there a lot now?
A couple new ones today, so not that big of a deal.   But he's unlikely to get bored with his hit-and-runs...  
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Monad
  • Needs a Life

Reply #4
It's just spam really

Reply #5
 :911:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #6
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #8

Was it a single thread? Not that my memory is the greatest but I thought he was restricted to the single (alternative reality) subforum.

Tangentially, Dave's a little too comfortable thinking that sub is his very own safe space. Not that I mind his political nonsense posted there, and he's behaved lately, because at least he's not shitting up other subs with indefensible (lol) nonsense. edit: Meaning that maybe Dave needs a roomie.
  • Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:10:27 PM by Doobie Keebler
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

Reply #9

Was it a single thread? Not that my memory is the greatest but I thought he was restricted to the single (alternative reality) subforum.

Tangentially, Dave's a little too comfortable thinking that sub is his very own safe space. Not that I mind his political nonsense posted there, and he's behaved lately, because at least he's not shitting up other subs with indefensible (lol) nonsense. edit: Meaning that maybe Dave needs a roomie.
Dave and Socrates in one thread?   Is that your proposal?  Because I support that wholeheartedly!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #10
nah, separate threads, same forum.

Reply #11
As soon as I figure out the best way to do it in elkarte, we are looking at confining him to ARSE. Please be patient. Put him on ignore in the meantime.

Reply #12
In the meantime I've moved the rest of his current threads from Science to ARSE.

Reply #13
I have a plan to deal with these issues.

Reply #14
Don't even go there little buddy. :smith:

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #15

Dave and Socrates in one thread?   Is that your proposal?  Because I support that wholeheartedly!

Calm down there, Satan.   :evil::
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

Reply #16
I've issued socrates1 a 24 hour ban* for refusing to respond to staff via PM or in threads, and for persisting in reposting his ARSE threads to the Science forum.

*Providing I did it correctly. I may have inadvertently sent him to Narnia or something.

Reply #17
Uh...
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/dinosaur%E2%80%99s-ride-may-have-been-glide
A dinosaur called Yi qi appears to have lifted a page from pterosaurs' flight plan. Protruding from each of the newly discovered dinosaur's wrists was a weird rodlike bone that may have attached to a fleshy wing that helped the dinosaur glide or fly, researchers report April 29 in Nature."We've never seen anything like this in a dinosaur before," says paleontologist Sarah Werning of Stony Brook University in New York. "It's almost like this dinosaur [basal Paraves] was pretending to be a pterosaur."

This is refreshing honesty.

Don't think the ban stuck.

• nesb
  • Needs a Life

Reply #18
He's just really bad at being banned.

Reply #19
I've tried again. maybe this time.

Elkarte really does not want to ban him.