Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• This site is hidden because TalkRational is on your ignore list.

Topic: Whatcha playing'? (Read 4283 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Re: Whatcha playing'?
Reply #325
I got my wife Breath of the Wild for her Wii-U and tried it out. As soon as my first weapon broke after about 4 hits I was out.

It's an ok game I guess but I have no idea, other than it being a new Zelda game, why it got the praise it did. I found Horizon Zero Dawn to be a much better and fun game . . . at least for me.

Have you tried the dlc for Horizon? I want to, but I'm way overpowered now with my current play and don't want to breeze through it, otoh I don't want to start a new playthrough

No, I haven't tried the dlc yet. I'm still working my way through the main game.

• ksen
Reply #326
Anyone play RE7?

Yep. I played the PC version. Overall I liked it. It is closer in tone and playstyle to the older RE games which I appreciated.

My only beef was some of the "boss" fights felt too scripted.

Performance wise it looked great and ran smooth on my PC.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #327
Arma 3 now. I think I've been looking for this game for a long time. Takes me back to the days of ghost recon.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #328
Anyone play RE7?

Yep. I played the PC version. Overall I liked it. It is closer in tone and playstyle to the older RE games which I appreciated.

My only beef was some of the "boss" fights felt too scripted.

Performance wise it looked great and ran smooth on my PC.

I'll be grabbing it then. RE6 was terrible

Reply #329
I am finally playing Deus Ex; Mankind Divided.

• ksen
Reply #330
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

A lot of people say it's been a buggy mess for them but I haven't encountered too many yet. The game looks beautiful. The save system is terrible but from what I've read there's already a mod out that fixes it.

This is basically Mount and Blade as a first person RPG.

I don't get the complaint that the game is racist for not having minorities characters but the game is based in 15th century Bohemia and I don't think there was a large minority presence in Bohemia at that time.

Reply #331
currently alternating between 3rd toon build for FO4 on ps4, FO3 NV on ps3, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on switch

Reply #332
FO3 reminds me again why weapon durability is a shit mechanic and how much I miss crafting benches linked to storage

• ksen
Reply #333
Hey, speaking of buggy messes! ;)

Reply #334
I just got back into it, about a year ago i bought a bunch of used ps3 games, FO3, FO3 NV, Bioshock 3, Dragons Dogma, Mass Effect Trilogy and then a week later the disc reader kicked the bucket. My wife just got me a used ps3 for my bday

Reply #335
I would've given you mine for free.  I just finally traded it in to gamestop for 30 bucks.

Reply #336
Anything else you're giving away?

Reply #337
I think I still have a PS2 somewhere.

• ksen
Reply #338
I still have my PS3 Fatty.

• ksen
Reply #339
https://slate.com/technology/2018/03/drake-turned-up-on-twitch-to-play-fortnite-with-ninja.html

630,000 people tuned in to watch Drake play some Fortnite Battle Royale with Twitch streamer Ninja.

I read elsewhere that Ninja got 90,000 subscribers from that stream which is around $250k take home for Ninja. Not a bad payday for playing Fortnite with Drake for a couple of hours.

Reply #340
Just started playing Rebel Galaxy. This game is pretty fun. Good story (not terribly original, but well implemented), the space battles are limited to a 2-D plane, but the strategy/tactical choices are good, and it takes some skill. Diggin' it so far. I got real cheap when it was on sale on GoG, and ignored it for a long time.

I would say Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is the better 'spaceship simulator'.

Rebel Galaxy is the first game, though, that I'll actually add some of the songs to my playllist. The sound track is pretty amazing.

• ksen
Reply #341
Far Cry 5.

Typical Ubisoft open world game set in rural Montana trying to liberate an area from a dangerous cult. Even though it's a cookie cutter Ubisoft design it's a fun and satisfying FPS.

Also, no loot boxes!