Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: You don't expect me to read this shit, do you?

Topic: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread (Read 1595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread
Reply #100
Dude has mental problems
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #101
IMO coercing underage girls into sex is not "mental problems" so much as it's "being a rapist scumbag" but YMMV

Reply #102
Well,  being a rapist scumbag seems like a mental problem to me.

Reply #103
is there a dumb hill you won't die on?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #104
it's important to maintain the fantasy that no mentally healthy man would ever be a scumbag rapist

Reply #105
it's important to maintain the fantasy that no mentally healthy man would ever be a scumbag rapist
I am confused. Isn't that a direct symptom of having a fucked up brain? Or do you mean that if we called someone sick then they wouldn't be morally culpable and so it wouldn't be ok to condemn them. Because I don't see the problem in condemning a mentally fucked human for their crimes.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #106
Cognac is brandy.
Not all brandy is cognac.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #107
Fair enough. I suppose it's a problem with determining what mental problem actually is.  Being rapey fits into a category that I consider a mental problem.  You are welcome to use your own categories.

Reply #108
Eta: also, I am thinking the prevalence of red pill sympathizers is an indication that it may be more an issue of social norms than of mental problems.  I tend to think of being a trump supporter as slightly less of a mental problem than being rapey but it's actually about the same thing.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #109
I am confused. Isn't that a direct symptom of having a fucked up brain? Or do you mean that if we called someone sick then they wouldn't be morally culpable and so it wouldn't be ok to condemn them. Because I don't see the problem in condemning a mentally fucked human for their crimes.

There's a range of culpability for bad acts that mentally unhealthy people commit just as there is with bad acts mentally healthy people commit.

But there's also a tendency to label shitty behavior by men as just a straightforward issue of them being "crazy" or some kind of isolated aberration when a lot of this shit is either directly learned, culturally sanctioned behavior or an extension of that kind of behavior. As an example directly related to this particular scumbag, how many "normal" men have seriously argued that, actually, teenage girls are at the height of female sexual attractiveness, so it's not too crazy to say so even though I would never go after a young girl myself. I'm just saying it's biology.

And look at the crazy shit he wrote in those messages. Tone it down a bit, and the underlying assumptions are the same fucking garbage I've heard from plenty of "normal" men.

Reply #110
True enough. Norms are funny things.

Reply #111