Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You are to stupid what Mozart is to music.

Topic: taxageddon is GO (Read 2344 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: taxageddon is GO
Reply #150
technically they do not have such said duty.
I googled a thing, so you lose

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/corporate-fiduciary-duties.html

AFAICT, that doesn't mean "have to maximize profits for day traders"

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #151
Trump, talking to gullible rubes in Missouri:
ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- President Trump flew to Missouri on Wednesday to talk about tax cuts lifting Main Street and the middle class. But he kept getting sidetracked by repeating unfounded claims that the tax bill poised to pass the Senate would hurt rich people, himself included.

"This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me," Mr. Trump said, in the midst of a frequently meandering 45-minute speech to a festive crowd of 1,000. Then he invoked Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader. "This is not good for me. Me, it's not so -- I have some very wealthy friends. Not so happy with me, but that's OK. You know, I keep hearing Schumer: 'This is for the wealthy.' Well, if it is, my friends don't know about it."

Trump talking to his Mar-a-lago homeys:
'You all just got a lot richer'

:thisisfine:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #152
I can only imagine the level of contempt he has for his rabid base

• ksen
Reply #153
What do you mean? Trump loves the uneducated.

Reply #154
Blue Lives Matter
This year cops and other first responders can write off the costs of buying uniforms and dry cleaning them. But in 2018, cops who buy their uniforms or are required to buy their own guns and ammunition will no longer be able to deduct those costs as reasonable and necessary expenses to support their earning a paycheck, thanks to Trump and Congressional Republicans.

But that's not all. Cops and anyone else who belongs to a union will no longer be allowed to deduct their union dues. People who must bear travel costs without reimbursement from their employers will just have to suck it up starting in January.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #155

Reply #156
Blue Lives Matter
This year cops and other first responders can write off the costs of buying uniforms and dry cleaning them. But in 2018, cops who buy their uniforms or are required to buy their own guns and ammunition will no longer be able to deduct those costs as reasonable and necessary expenses to support their earning a paycheck, thanks to Trump and Congressional Republicans.

But that's not all. Cops and anyone else who belongs to a union will no longer be allowed to deduct their union dues. People who must bear travel costs without reimbursement from their employers will just have to suck it up starting in January.

I'm conflicted here.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #157
intersectionality!

• el jefe
Reply #158
isn't that the needless buzzword for the obvious point that sometimes there is more than one factor to consider?

Reply #159
isn't that the needless buzzword for the obvious point that sometimes there is more than one factor to consider?
I think so.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #160
no guys, it's "economic anxiety"

• el jefe
Reply #161
that's two buzzwords

• el jefe
Reply #162
why are jews so bad with numbers?

• ksen
Reply #163
too busy sexually harassing their chick employees

Reply #164

• el jefe
Reply #165
a certain user somewhere around here predicted his tax cuts and spending boost would force the economy through the end of the business cycle to give us a recession in time for the 2020 elections.

• el jefe
Reply #166
on another point, this $800B deficit is happening at the peak of the business cycle, at a time when it should be its lowest.  when the next recession happens, revenue will drop and spending (because of unemployment insurance, etc.) will go up.

good job, donnie

Reply #167
Don't forget the trade spat with the biggest buyer US debt. It isn't really in their interest to mess with the value of it as they own a bucketload, but that could change.

• ksen
Reply #168
Federal and local government are the biggest buyers of US debt.

Reply #169
I'd like to see non-breaking news for once these days

Reply #170

Reply #171
Who knew that rich people invest their money where it makes more money, which may not be in the domestic economy? Never mind - lets just keep trickling down. It is bound to work one of these times.

Reply #172
my paycheck has seen a $50 bump because of the taxes, after 2,600 pay cycles I can hire Stormy.

Reply #173
How do you know it was "because of the taxes?"

Reply #174
because HR said so