Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You aint got eight telescopes and a house in Monterey. I aint got a healthy heart. We all have our crosses to bear.

Topic: Should vegetarian gamers go on virtual killing sprees? (Read 127 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Should vegetarian gamers go on virtual killing sprees?
Wherein the author reflects on the squeamish disconfort some carnivorous players experience when playing Monster Hunter: World.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/feb/12/vegetarianism-violent-video-games-monster-hunter-world

Shadows of the Colossus sounds like a really fun game. :/

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Should vegetarian gamers go on virtual killing sprees?
Reply #1
Both games sound fairly depressing.

I keep waiting for games that aren't about shooting, killing, catching. Maybe games that are about exploring and finding things. I've not seen any that look very good.

• Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:05:52 PM by borealis

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #2

I keep waiting for games that aren't about shooting, killing, catching. Maybe games that are about exploring and finding things. I've not seen any that look very good.

Amanita

The Samarost Series is fun. Machinarium is as well. The others are all interesting. Lot of humor. Fantastic sets. Nothing really challenging, though one does have to think a bit. No real violence. At least not the gory type and those that get it deserve it.
Are we there yet?

Reply #3
Shadow of the Colossus was awesome.

Reply #4
Any thread post titled "should vegetarians" should always end in "rethink their terrible life choices?"

And the answer should always be yes.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #5
All I know about Monster Hunter is that there's little piggy called Poogie and that is one of my fat jerk of a cat's nicknames that I've used for a long time.

STARDEW VALLEY, BOREALIS.

I have a farm with a horse named Butterscotch.

• ffejrxx
Reply #6

Amanita

The Samarost Series is fun. Machinarium is as well. The others are all interesting. Lot of humor. Fantastic sets. Nothing really challenging, though one does have to think a bit. No real violence. At least not the gory type and those that get it deserve it.

Machinarium was alot of fun and challenging for a flash game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40700/
now its no longer flash but its own engine, much improved imho