Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational. It's grammatically incorrect.

Topic: Ben wants to talk about rape (Read 668 times) previous topic - next topic

Ben wants to talk about rape
Ok why not?

I think a better name for "free sex" might be "rape."
This is a thing a person actually sincerely wrote.

Re: Ben wants to talk about rape
Reply #1
Apparently Ben thinks that I was saying that it's the VICTIMS getting sex for free.

Unbelievable

Yeah it's true. What's the problem?
Do you think rape victims are thinking "Hey! Free sex!"

Reply #2
Maybe we should be talking about MIND rape.

Reply #3
This is a thread a person actually sincerely started.

Reply #4
Well Ben ... you made the following claim ...

Really, and this might be the most pathetic part of it, the whole thing was just a shiny distraction from a conversation about his views on actual rape that he was too chickenshit to have. 

Ben, I have never been "too Chickenshit" to have a convo on any topic.

Now.

Proceed.

You started this.

Reply #5
The truth is ...

YOU

are the one being a chickenshit right now.

Reply #6
the whole thing was just a shiny distraction from a conversation about his views on actual rape that he was too chickenshit to have.
Note, there's nothing in there about me wanting to talk about rape. Note also that it was in reference to a conversation about your views on rape. As you may or may not recall (it's always hard to be sure with you), I never said I thought you were saying the victims were getting free sex. I asked you if that was what you thought, in what I thought was a fairly obvious attempt to get you to see how absurd and awful it is to think of rape as "free sex." My point was that you weren't thinking about the victims at all. I made that explicitly clear in this post...
Yeah it's true. What's the problem?
Do you think rape victims are thinking "Hey! Free sex!"
OMG

The brain damage is worse than I thought.

It's the perpetrator, you fool, not the victim that gets it for free.
So you weren't thinking about the victim at all then. Just as in the rest of your idiotic analysis, you fail to think of women as people with their own sexual desires. You are apparently only capable of seeing them as owners of sex as a commodity that men can either pay for or take. It's an incredibly fucked up way of thinking about both women and sex.
Your response to that, rather than to engage with it, was to call me stupid and then immediately and pointlessly change the subject to your equivocation of rape with tuition and farming, which certainly struck me as a chickenshit move on your part, as well as doubling down on your absurd awfulness. I guess your high speed mind was just too fast to get the really fucking obvious point I was making when I asked you what you were fucking thinking when you called rape "free sex." Maybe you can finally slow down enough to get it now.

Reply #7
I get it alright..

You said some stupid things and you won't admit it and now you're just going to double down and keep digging.

Reply #8
shut up, you are human garbage. kys dave.

Reply #9
But get ready. On The Road Less Traveled you get yelled at a lot.

Hi Valor!

Reply #10
People don't like an up-close-and-personal glimpse of successful people who are walking The Road Less Traveled because it makes them feel threatened.

Reply #11
yeah I am pretty threatened by that Sears money you're pulling down

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #12
People don't like an up-close-and-personal glimpse of successful people who are walking The Road Less Traveled because it makes them feel threatened.

There's an infinity of Roads, Dave.
There is no "The" Road Less Traveled.
The road you're on is the Raging Narcissism Road.
And, yeah, there aren't many on it - to the extent you are, anyway.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #13

Just a reminder that this forum is open for public viewing. So your rather unique & unconventional pov on numerous topics, along with your full posting history, would be open to scrutiny in the local community where you live and your place of employment. Should they become aware of it. 
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• uncool
Reply #14
Don't be that guy, ttp. Please.

• Pingu
Reply #15
I get it alright..

You said some stupid things and you won't admit it and now you're just going to double down and keep digging.

Dave, YOU were the one who posted a stupid thing, which was that "rape" was "free sex".  It's stupid from all kinds of points of view, and Ben was calling you out on it.

It is hard to see any context in which "free sex" could be an appropriate description of rape, even from the point of view of the rapist, but certainly not from the point of view of the rape survivor, who is not giving anything away "free".  It's not even sensible to talk about the rapist getting some commodity for free either, because there is no commodity.  The rapist is not "getting" anything, for "free" or otherwise. Rather, the rapist is violating another person's bodily and mental integrity.

Your idea that sex is a commodity that is the subject of some kind of transaction is deeply unhealthy and demeaning to both men and women.  Sure, prostitution is the commodification of sex, but that's the point - you are reducing ALL sex - including rape - to some form of prostitution, and apparently, in the case of rape, referring to it as "free" sex - i.e. getting a commodity you haven't paid for.

Do you have any idea what the word "consent" means in the context of sex?

Has it even crossed your mind that for most people, sex isn't a series of favours to be exchanged, but a collaborative act of respect and love?

Do you really have not the faintest clue as to why most people here find your views on sex to be deeply shocking and repulsive?

I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #16
Pingu ... it's not surprising to me that your views of what I actually think about sex are just as out of touch with reality as many of your other misconceptions about what I think.

RAPE is theft. Among other things. Not sure why you cannot see that. It's pretty obvious.

The rapist is forcibly stealing something from a victim. So one way to look at it is that he is attempting to gain personal gratification without going through the proper channels and paying the proper price ... IE establishing a genuine love connection with the woman.

In other words he is trying to get sexual gratification for free. But sexual gratification cannot legitimately be obtained for free.

Now do you understand?

• Pingu
Reply #17
Pingu ... it's not surprising to me that your views of what I actually think about sex are just as out of touch with reality as many of your other misconceptions about what I think.

Well, if you say stupid things that don't reflect what you actually think then don't be surprised that people misunderstand you.

And have the grace to explain yourself more clearly instead of starting stupid threads accusing other people of being stupid for not understanding your stupidly expressed views.

RAPE is theft. Among other things. Not sure why you cannot see that. It's pretty obvious.

And therefore  not "free sex". Stolen goods are not "free goods".  Free goods are goods freely given.

And no, it's not "theft" anyway.  It's violence.

The rapist is forcibly stealing something from a victim.

No.  The rapist is violently violating a person's bodily and psychological integrity.
So one way to look at it is that he is attempting to gain personal gratification without going through the proper channels and paying the proper price ... IE establishing a genuine love connection with the woman.

Which is, to me, a repulsive way to look at it, and, presumably, to Ben.  A rapist is not getting for free what the rapist should pay for.  The rapist is violating someone's body without their consent.

In contrast, sex between two consenting partners does not involve anyone paying for anything.

In other words he is trying to get sexual gratification for free. But sexual gratification cannot legitimately be obtained for free.

Now do you understand?

But sex can be obtained for free.  If all you are after is "sexual gratification" then I guess you'll have to pay. Doesn't make rape into "free sex".  Rape remains a violent act that has nothing to do with whether any payment was exchanged.

Reply #18
"In contrast, sex between two consenting partners does not involve anyone paying for anything."

So you think that one partner can just completely ignore the others needs and just focus on their own gratification?

I'm pretty sure you don't really think that.

I think what's going on is you are retreating into your default which is to mindlessly cheer for your Team Darwin teammate.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #19
... your Team Darwin teammate.
But Dave...
You announced that you were perfectly fine with Darwin*
You need to find a new criterion for your Dave vs. The World fantasies.

* except for a couple of things he never actually said.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #20
How about "Team NEO Darwin"?

EDIT: Or maybe just "Team 2" in view of the first way, the second way, and the Third Way. I think my Android phone likes the third way because it capitalized it. Except it didn't in this sentence. Weird.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #21
No good.
No one here is a "NeoDarwinist"

• Pingu
Reply #22
"In contrast, sex between two consenting partners does not involve anyone paying for anything."

So you think that one partner can just completely ignore the others needs and just focus on their own gratification?

No.

I'm pretty sure you don't really think that.

I think what's going on is you are retreating into your default which is to mindlessly cheer for your Team Darwin teammate.

you are an idiot

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #23
Ben, I have never been "too Chickenshit" to have a convo on any topic.

Kälksjön.

* drops mic *

• Pingu
Reply #24
Dave, let me ask you: if you give someone something out of love, or do something to please them out of love, what does it COST you?