Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: OBAMA!  :whyyou:

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape (Read 43991 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape
Reply #3275
lol, that makes me recall the earlier report that he tried to blend in with the drapes.

Yeah, I had heard that story before and it was cringeworthy/funny/kind of sad. Also had heard his account of Trump asking for loyalty, Comey saying he can promise honesty, Trump countering with "honest loyalty," and Comey caving in and agreeing. And then saying, "He is a good man" of Flynn when Trump was trying to get him to drop the investigation.

I had heard all that before, but hearing it all at the same time made it all sound so fucking pathetic. In the interview, he said something like "maybe I didn't have the guts to say more" about the one-on-one dinner he had with Trump, and it's like YEAH, BUDDY, YOU THINK?

I absolutely empathize with people who want to avoid conflict and want to pick their words very carefully and not be too forceful about things because lol hello I have a uterus and have been taught to act this way for literally my entire life, often as a self-defense mechanism against angry men, but this ridiculously tall man was the head of the goddamn FBI, and he turned into a shrinking violet in front of Donald Jfucking Trump.

lol

Reply #3276
the Conclave of Talls is having a meeting to determine whether his conduct was sufficiently short in spirit to justify confiscating about 4 inches of his height

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3277

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3278
the Conclave of Talls is having a meeting to determine whether his conduct was sufficiently short in spirit to justify confiscating about 4 inches of his height
aye

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3279

Reply #3280
lmao

• uncool
Reply #3281
Oh god.

If Trump and Hannity are taken down simultaneously...

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3282

• ksen
Reply #3283
I recently wrote that this isn't my favorite timeline but I've changed my mind and now it's my favorite timeline again.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3284
If I ever end up in court, I want my lawyer to cite a case that actively works against the point they're making and I want my lawyer to respond to the court's demands with, "My client doesn't feel like doing that."

• uncool
Reply #3285
I invite you all to view Popehat's twitter, where the moment he sees the reveal is glorious.

• ksen
Reply #3286
And of course:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-puts-the-brake-on-new-russian-sanctions-reversing-haleys-announcement/2018/04/16/ac3ad4f8-417f-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.08457db49abb

President Trump on Monday put the brakes on a preliminary plan to impose additional economic sanctions on Russia, walking back a Sunday announcement by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that the Kremlin had swiftly denounced as "international economic raiding."

Reply #3287
well. that's a crazy reveal. I wonder what twists th writers will have for us by the season finale

• uncool
Reply #3288
People already found this tweet from 2015:

Not sure whether Hannity hired Cohen before or after this, though.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3289
How can the pee tape be anything other than real?

just saying

Reply #3290
So, this is not what I expected but it fits with my general understanding that this presidency is a Salvador Dali painting.  Episode title: When you have to fire the writers of lost because their scripts are too believable.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• uncool
Reply #3291

I'm putting up the $36, lawyers, how :stareicide: would you be if a judge said this to you?

Reply #3292

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3293

ummm

Wouldn't that mean there's no actual attorney-client relationship and no basis for a claim of privilege?

• ffejrxx
Reply #3294
i only see 1 way out for them :vcide:

and why do they keep digging when they are clearly in over their heads
:pisstape:

• uncool
Reply #3295

ummm

Wouldn't that mean there's no actual attorney-client relationship and no basis for a claim of privilege?
Iirc not necessarily; there is some privilege even before someone becomes a client. Specifically, a person seeking a lawyer can have their communications for that purpose remain privileged even if they don't retain the lawyer.

Which makes me picture Hannity as the rube in that relationship, repeatedly asking to retain Cohen when the latter is basically pretending to take clients.

Eta: I'm guessing that isn't it, but it amuses me.
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:23:30 PM by uncool

• linus
Reply #3296

Reply #3297
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Faid
Reply #3298
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #3299
Watched some of the Comey interview with Stephanopoulos, and the biggest take away for me was that the former FBI Director is literally just as conflict avoidant as I am, and that is actually pretty terrible.
Yeah, at every opportunity to make a clear stand, he backed down.

Lmao also :smith: