Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I think the biggest problem with TR is that a lot of you dont know how to surrender graciously when youre beat.

Topic: Fighting the gerrymander (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Re: Fighting the gerrymander
Reply #100
one would hope

Reply #101
what they need to do is march those fuckers into a courthouse and jail them for contempt of court.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #102
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #103
Repubs will likely stall it with appeals straight through the election.

Reply #104
Scotus already told them to go pound sand and it's based on state law so there's nothing more to appeal. State SC is the last stop.

Reply #105
Pennsylvania is one of the strongest examples of the geographic packing disadvantage for Democrats. Almost all of their voters pack into Philly or Pittsburgh, so even with neutral drawing of boundaries, they still need more than 50% of votes to get 50% of seats. Can't really fix that too much without completely changing the system to proportional representation. And I think it's only going to get worse as anyone who can flees rural areas

Reply #106
Goddamn I hate our stupid system of government.

Reply #107
The way to solve that problem is to make sure ruralists all die of fentanyl overdoses.

Reply #108
Arizona actually scores really well on being a fair non-gerrymandered state. It took a citizen led initiative for this to happen, so of course the AZ GOP wants that to change.

• uncool

Reply #110
we'll have to see if this actually goes anywhere but that's not a good development

Reply #111
What a fucking cesspool.

Reply #112
Maybe there's a second amendment solution?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #113
What a fucking cesspool.
I notice that all the sponsors represent Pennsyltucky districts. Big surprise.

Reply #114
we'll have to see if this actually goes anywhere but that's not a good development

wow, I thought the GOP GA here in NC were dicks

• ffejrxx
Reply #115

wow, I thought the GOP GA here in NC were dicks
they are all dicsks, we just need to choose the lesser, the giant douche or turd sandwich

• uncool
Reply #116
Seems the parties are switching sides between Pennsylvania and Maryland on gerrymandering.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #117
The Pennsylvania GOP is not going gently into that good night re their gerrymandered districts.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-nws-fair-congress-map-metcalfe-20180411-story.html

Reply #118
The Pennsylvania GOP is not going gently into that good night re their gerrymandered districts.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-nws-fair-congress-map-metcalfe-20180411-story.html
This would be for 2021 redistricting

If the Dems manage to retake either or both houses in Pennsylvania, this will hilariously backfire on them

Reply #119

This would be for 2021 redistricting

If the Dems manage to retake either or both houses in Pennsylvania, this will hilariously backfire on them
It certainly gives Dems an issue to run on.

Reply #120
Kris Kobach is now formally held in contempt of court.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/kobach-contempt-order

• ffejrxx
Reply #121
you mean, the judge put the kibosh on kobach?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #122
Contempt of court is a badge of honor for these guys. Just ask Sheriff Arpaio.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Fenrir
Reply #123
Contempt of court is a badge of honor for these guys. Just ask Sheriff Arpaio.

Any actual knowledge, however accidental, of judicial process is a failure of career threatening magnitude it appears.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #124