Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Sincerely, fuck off.

Topic: official 2018 US midterm election thread (Read 5168 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: official 2018 US midterm election thread
Reply #350
"this is the russia symbol, right?" - brainswormed boomer liberals
Your nit is not worth picking there.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #351
but it doesn't cost me anything, so i can guarantee i'm getting more value out of it than whoever paid real actual money to put that dumb shit on a billboard. #winning

Reply #352
I was all  :unsure: until you got to the #winning part when I was suddenly  :smug: 
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #353
something good has been happening the last few weeks.  looks bigger than noise.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html

I have lost track of major politically related events, such that I can't even guess what might be behind this.  but I'll take it.

• el jefe
Reply #354
maybe amateurish handling of NK plus steady drip of multiple scandals. 

and/or maybe the congressional gop's inability to agree among themselves how hard to fuck over dreamers.

and/or the trade war
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:49:27 PM by el jefe

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #355
Maybe children in dog kennels. Just a guess.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:12:27 PM by ravenscape

Reply #356
Why should immigrant children get kennels when we can't even provide for our homeless vets?

• Fenrir
Reply #357
Maybe children in dog kennels. Just a guess.

Yeah, those poor homeless dogs. Can't vote for someone who throws poor defenceless dogs out of kennels.  :stareicide:
It's what plants crave.

• el jefe
Reply #358
Why should immigrant children get kennels when we can't even provide for our homeless vets?
besides, the vets didn't sign up to help immigrant children, they signed up to help the very animals who are now on the street too

• el jefe
Reply #359
bloomberg's giving the democrats $80M for the fall

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/politics/mike-bloomberg-democrats-election.html

he doesn't like the sandernistas or anyone running on impeachment, but the primaries are mostly over and he does want the house retaken.

Reply #360

Reply #361
On the other hand I just read that New Jersey democrats are fighting a tax hike on millionaires. 

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #362
On the other hand I just read that New Jersey democrats are fighting a tax hike on millionaires. 
Fighting among themselves, that is.
(D) state senate president Sweeney is resisting (D) governor Murphy's tax proposal that includes a "millionaire tax".
New Jersey Senate Leader Casts Doubt on Governor's Plan to Raise Taxes
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #363
so the state senate president is a garbage democrat whose actions will hamper rebuilding the party at large as he'll be a symbol of corruption and protection of the wealthy

• el jefe
Reply #364
being a millionaire doesn't make you 99.9th percentile anymore.  now it is more like 99.6th.

there are so many joneses too keep up with, and you want to make it even harder for nonbillionaires to keep up with them??

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #365
It's kind of baffling...
Only three months ago, on the morning after fellow Democrat Phil Murphy captured the governor's office, Sweeney tweeted that the "long-overdue millionaires tax" would be "the first bill we pass in January."  ...
Under Sweeney's leadership, the Legislature passed and put a millionaires tax on former Gov. Chris Christie's desk five times since 2010.
Top Democrat says millionaires tax pushed by Phil Murphy is now 'absolutely last resort'
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #366
dunno if anyone's talked about the NY14 race but a 10 term congressman might lose a primary to a grassroots challenger: