Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: deep-rooted shit triggering all over the place

Topic: The All-American Shooting Thread (Read 9232 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Re: The All-American Shooting Thread
Reply #625
Last Friday, a friend of my partner's son, while they were on their way to camping at Moses Lake, shot himself in the calf while driving. No bones hit, nor any major blood vessels. Just meat. And now some lead. Apparently the slug is close enough to something that could go bad if they attempted to remove the slug that it's safer to just leave it as the lesser of two potential evils. Oh well.

Thankfully it was a dinky .22. Something bigger could easily have resulted in really serious consequences. I guess it was just sitting on the console between the seats of his truck. Not sure how it went off or why it hit his leg instead of something else. Perhaps it'll slow the boy down a bit.
Are we there yet?

• ffejrxx
Reply #626
one of my uncles was shot while bird hunting a few years ago
hit with about 20 pellets from about 100yrd away
doctors only took a few out, left the rest in
hes still ok, just sets off metal detectors

Reply #627
Last Friday, a friend of my partner's son, while they were on their way to camping at Moses Lake, shot himself in the calf while driving. No bones hit, nor any major blood vessels. Just meat. And now some lead. Apparently the slug is close enough to something that could go bad if they attempted to remove the slug that it's safer to just leave it as the lesser of two potential evils. Oh well.

Thankfully it was a dinky .22. Something bigger could easily have resulted in really serious consequences. I guess it was just sitting on the console between the seats of his truck. Not sure how it went off or why it hit his leg instead of something else. Perhaps it'll slow the boy down a bit.

Tell him to think about baseball next time

Reply #628

Reply #629

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #630
Something school shootings and bubonic plague have in common.  :stare:

Reply #631
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #632
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins